You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

Ask Me Again

Kylee stayed around through closing. She didn’t get any new ink but instead had me touch-up some of her older tattoos. She continued to harass me about not wanting to call Wil my boyfriend just like I continued to poke at her about getting pregnant.

Once I locked up Kylee and I headed out to the parking lot, “So what are you up to tonight?”

Kylee gave a shrug, “I don’t know. What are you doing?”

“I need a drink.”

Kylee quickly agreed so we stopped by the the liquor store and headed back to her place, “Where’s Jake?”

“I don’t know, when I left Wil and Jake were in the garage.” We both looked out the window, “His truck is still here.”

“And so is Wil’s.”

We sent each other a confused look before walking into the kitchen to see liquor bottles pulled out.

“Looks like they are having their own party.”

Kylee shook her head, “They are probably upstairs in Jake’s game room.” I downed a quick shot, “Why are you wanting to drink so bad?”

I shrugged, “I may have looked at Wil’s instagram before I signed out of my computer at the office.”

“Hannah,” Kylee gave me a stern look.

I sighed, “I know.”

She handed me a drink, “What did it say?”

“There were the obvious preteens but there were some older girls who don’t approve of me for Wil.”

“That’s because those stupid bitches don’t know you!”

“That doesn’t mean I am right for him.”

“Hannah don’t make me go upstairs right now and tell Wil what you are saying.”

I groaned, “But I don’t...” I shook my head as I trailed off.

“You don’t what?”

“I don’t know.”

Kylee sent me a look before stomping over to the stairs as well as she could with her ankle, “Wilbur!”

“What?!” I heard him yell back.

“Come get your girl!”

Soon enough we heard a scramble of feet and running down the stairs before both Wil and Jake poked around the corner, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing!” I quickly shouted out.

Kylee gestured towards me, “She has been lurking on your instagram after you posted that picture.”

He looked at me before grabbing my hand and dragging me into the guest bedroom, his hands cupped my face, “Get those comments out of your head.”

“But I’m not good enough to be your girlfriend Wil.”

“You are and I wish you would stopped doubting everything and give us a chance,” his hands dropped from my face as he let out a sigh, “I don’t know why you are so hard on yourself. You are perfect and the more I find out about you, the more I like you. Why can’t you just see that?”

I turned away from him, “I’m anything but perfect Wil. I’m so far from perfect it’s not even funny.”

“Why are you letting what random girls say get to you?”

“Kylee hasn’t told you much about me has she?”

“Not much more than what you’ve told me.”

“I’m pretty messed up. I come with a lot of issues. Mike couldn’t handle it so that’s why he bailed. I’ve always been told I’m not good enough. I heard it all the time growing up, about how worthless I am and all that. My parents never cared about me. I don’t know what I would do if it wasn’t for Kylee’s family or my brother. So hearing it all over again just reinstates everything I heard when I was younger. I’m not perfect Wil.”

He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, “I think you are perfect, flaws and all.”

“Don’t say that.”

He turned me towards him and held me by the shoulders, “But it’s true. Hannah you are beautiful and funny, adorable, so talented. You care so much about Kylee and even though you don’t know a thing about motocross really, you still support both Jake and Kylee. And I wish you could see how great you are.” His thumbs ran under my eyes to brush the tears away.

I let out a struggled laugh, “And Kylee said you were awkward around girls you like.”

He shrugged, “Maybe because I like you a lot more than I liked any of those other girls.”

I sighed, “Wil?”

“Yeah?”

“Ask me to be your girlfriend again.”

A smile quickly formed on his face, “Hannah, it would make me extremely happy if you would be my girlfriend. So would you?”

I pressed my lips to his, “I would love to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??