You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

I’M NOT PREGNANT!

PREGNANT!

… Those eight little letters didn’t appear to be so small as they appeared in the little window. For a few, brief moments, I didn’t fully understand it. What does it mean? I cannot be… pregnant! It’s wrong! That’s what it is. It’s lying to me. There is no way that I can be pregnant. While I blinked back tears, I picked the stick up and tossed it into the trashcan. It’s not… right!

“So?” Hannah started once she saw me coming down the stairs.

“No,” was what I told her.

“Really?” she raised an eyebrow at me.

“Yep,” I stuck with it.

“Are you… sure?” she kept going.

“I’m not pregnant!” I snapped at her.

“Ok, ok,” she replied. “Jake’s with Wil,” she went on to tell me.

“Well, I think I’m going to lie down,” I countered… because I just really wanted to be alone right now.

“Do you want me to stay or…”

“No, I’ll be ok,” I cut her off.

She stared back at me for a few, long seconds before she nodded her head… and then left! Once I heard her truck pull away, a heavy sigh came out of me. I really wanted to make myself a drink. No matter the situation in my stomach right now, that probably wasn’t the best idea… Passing up all the alcohol in the kitchen, I went back up to Jake’s room.

Once inside, I went into his closet to shuffle through the racks of clothes. When I found one of his flannel shirts, I stripped off my layers, leaving my bra and panties. I wrapped his flannel around me tightly and then climbed into bed, wishing this would all just go away.

The test was just wrong! That’s what it was. I’m fine… and not pregnant! There is no way in hell that I can be. I was making sure I did things so I wouldn’t get pregnant! No way. It’s not happening!

As I lay here, I tried to fall asleep. If I could sleep, then I wouldn’t have to think about things. I would just be lost in slumber. That never came however. A lot of tossing and turning ensued. I was doing it up until I heard someone making their way through the house. I could only assume that it was Jake. When the door to the room opened, I tried to lie still to give off the impression that I was sleeping. He caught my eyes opened though. And from that smile on his face, I knew he wasn’t about to leave me alone.

“Hey,” he grinned as he came over to me. “How’d therapy go?” he went on to ask while snuggling up to me.

“Crappy,” I grumbled and nuzzled into his chest more.

“Did it hurt?” he cooed.

“I got sick,” I confessed.

“Aw, what’s wrong with you?” he kept that cute, lovey tone and pulled me in close.

“I don’t know,” I huffed.

“Wil was teasing me all day,” he kept going.

“And you didn’t tease back?” I muttered, letting my eyes close. Jake gave me comfort! For some reason, him being here put my mind at ease.

“He was teasing me about you being pregnant. What was I supposed to tease back with?” he chuckled.

My eyes flung opened and were met with his. I tried to play it off like that didn’t surprise me, but… it did! I’M NOT PREGNANT! No one knows anything! That stupid test doesn’t, Wilbur doesn’t, Jake doesn’t… NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING!

“Why would he… say that?” I managed to push out.

“I told him that you didn’t feel well this morning,” he replied.

“Oh,” was my response.

“Crazy kid,” he shook his head before nestling his nose into the crook of my neck.

Somehow, I managed to giggle and let my hand find the back of his head, allowing my hand to run through his curly locks. Once my fingertips found his scalp, little sighs came out of him. Those made me smile. I can do this! Everything is going to be ok! I’m not… pregnant! NOPE! Not me! Never! I’m just going to go through life pregnancy free! That sounds like a plan… that I can probably not stick to!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??