You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

Don't Cry

“Ky… Kylee,” I heard, bringing me out of my slumber.

I groaned and rolled over, taking the covers with me to hide my face. What filled my ears next were Jake’s soft chuckles. Go away! Let me sleep! I didn’t do anything to you!

“Babe, you got to get up,” he countered as I felt weight sinking onto his bed.

“No,” I grumbled.

“I need to talk to you though,” he started.

“I’m not going to therapy,” I told him.

“That’s not it,” he chuckled and then I felt his arms come around me.

When his hands came around to my stomach, I felt a bit nervous. Just something about it… It was enough to make me hurry out of his reach and sit up. My gaze came back to his, finding his face wrinkled up in a bit of confusion.

“You… ok?” he asked.

“Fine,” I was quick to reply.

“You sure?” he kept going.

“Yeah,” I ran my hand through my hair as I spoke.

“Really sure?” he narrowed his gaze.

“Why?” I was… nervous now. What does he know?!

“Well, you haven’t been feeling well lately…” he shrugged and looked up at the ceiling.

“I’m fine now,” I assured him… even though I was feeling a bit queasy right now.

“I happened to glance down into the trashcan in the bathroom this morning…” he started back up again.

Even though he wasn’t looking at me, I felt my eyes grow wide. SHIT! FUCK! NO! OH MY GOD! How long do the results stay? It was a digital test! Shouldn’t it have not shown anything?! Why didn’t I dispose of it better?

“I got sick. Sorry,” I tried to cover it up.

“Ky,” he shook his head.

“What?”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he got huffy.

“Tell you what?” I was denying it still. He doesn’t know anything!

“That you’re… pregnant,” he pushed out, having a hard time with that last word.

“I’m not pregnant!” I shot back.

“Then what the hell are you?”

“Not pregnant!”

“Kylee, your positive fucking pregnancy test is in the bathroom. How can you sit here and tell me that you’re not pregnant?”

“Because I… can’t be pregnant right now,” I replied through a sniffle.

“Ky, don’t cry,” he softened up a bit.

“I’m… I’m going to… leave,” I pushed out and got to my feet.

“Babe…” he sat up and watched as I walked around the room.

I didn’t want to stick around. He kind of already snapped at me and it just made me think that he didn’t… want this. I was just feeling so much. If I stayed in this house, I knew that I would break down and that’s something that I didn’t want to do right now in front of Jake. Both of us were worked up… and I didn’t know how to work us down! But staying here didn’t seem like it was going to solve anything!

With Jake still protesting, I went into my room to go into the closet. I tugged a pair of sweatpants on and zipped a hoodie over my torso. By the time I had slid my shoes on, Jake had caught up with me. I couldn’t even look at him right now.

“Will you just stay so we can talk?” he still had a huff to his tone.

“No,” I muttered and pushed past him to go downstairs.

“Kylee,” he called after me.

He wasn’t following though. His footsteps never came up behind me, telling me that he stayed at the top of the stairs. However, when I snatched up my truck keys and climbed up into the vehicle, I… didn’t know where to go! It was early in the morning. My options were kind of limited. My first instinct was to go see Hannah. If I went to her place though, I would have to… tell her what was going on. She’s… my best friend though. I should have already told her. Urg! Damn it! Why did I have to get pregnant?!

But I did… decide to go see her. Where else would I go right now? On the way, I had to pull over… and throw up. This is just perfect! I feel icky and the only person I want is in the opposite direction of where I’m heading! But I can’t talk to him right now. I can’t even talk to myself! How the hell am I supposed to talk to Jake? I hope Hannah’s home… and not at Wil’s. I think… I need her right now… more than I ever have before.
♠ ♠ ♠
My computer cord kind of quit on me this week so... my bad for not posting. Sorry! lol

Ky

Comment??