You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

Don't Do Anything Stupid

Instead of hitting the track all weekend, Jake was going to help me move Hannah out of her apartment. I thought it was sweet of him, especially with the season right around the corner.

He was waiting for me to leave. Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I’ve been so self-conscious about my stomach and how much it’s poking out. Of course I know I’m not going to be able to hide it forever… and just about everyone knows I’m pregnant. But I just need to hide it!

“Babe, it’s like 70 degrees and you’re wearing a black hoodie…” Jake chuckled once I stepped out of the bathroom.

“I don’t care!” I shot at him.

“Take it off,” he countered, keeping his playful tone.

“But,” I pouted at him.

“Come on,” he smiled down and lifted up the bottom of my hoodie just over my stomach.

There was a difference in it, but nothing that the average person would notice. With his smile still on his face, he lifted my shirt up to let his palm rest on my stomach. I’ve grown used to him doing this… and couldn’t help but smile as well.

“Love you,” he whispered before he planted his lips to my forehead.

“Love you too,” I replied.

“Now… take this thing off,” he countered.

“But!” I huffed.

“Please,” he pouted at me.

Huffing once more, I tugged it off of my frame and let it fall to the floor. Jake sent me a small smile before he pulled my shirt back down, covering my stomach. Once this little moment was over, I followed him out to his truck so that we could go to Hannah’s to move her stuff to Wil’s.

“So… about this phone call I got from your friend the other day…” Jake started once we were on the road.

“I had no part in it!” I quickly assured him.

“But maybe… it’s something we should talk about,” he countered.

“I don’t know…” I shrugged.

“I mean… do you want to get married?” he straight out asked.

“Well… yeah eventually, but…”

“What would you say if I asked you like… right now?” he glanced over at me.

“What? I don’t… I don’t know.” That one threw me.

“What would you say? I have a ring out, on one knee. What would you say?” he pressed on.

“You… don’t do you?” I asked back.

“Just answer my question,” he countered, trying to hold in his chuckle.

“But…”

“Ky!” he lost his playfulness now.

“Maybe… I’d… say… yes,” I muttered, hoping he didn’t hear it.

“Really?” he seemed surprised… since he heard!

“Do you want me to say no?” I couldn’t pass up the chance to poke.

“I just… I don’t know,” he laughed at himself. “You’re usually stubborn about everything. I didn’t expect you to say that as quickly as you did,” his smile was still there as he spoke.

“Well!”

“That’s good to know though…” he countered.

“Don’t do anything stupid!”

“I won’t…” he smirked.

I glared at him. I knew he sensed it too. As we pulled into Hannah’s apartment, his smile was still growing. He just went on to pull up next to Wil’s truck. It was still empty, telling us that those two hadn’t gotten anywhere with packing.

“If we walk in on them…” I muttered as we were making our way up to her door.

“I mean… we ruin everything else…” he snickered.

To reply, I shook my head as my smile started to form. It’s… actually him and Wil, but I’ll let him think that. When we got up to Hannah’s door, it was cracked. Jake and I let ourselves in to see Wil just shoving things into boxes.

“Don’t break anything, Wilbur,” I told him.

“I haven’t yet!” he seemed proud of himself.

“Where’s Hannah?” I asked as I passed him.

“Packing her clothes… I wasn’t allowed to help,” he grumbled.

“I don’t blame her. You don’t need in her underwear drawer,” I teased.

He countered by letting out a sarcastic chuckle. I left him and Jake to the living room to help Hannah. Hopefully today goes smoothly… and the boys don’t break anything… But maybe we should keep a watchful eye on Wil and Jake still; just in case.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??