You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

I'm Going!

“Jake,” I whined as I plopped down on the bed while he was packing for the weekend. The first race of the season was coming up. Jake had a to leave a few days in advance to do press and all of that fun junk. Wil wasn’t racing until the series went towards the East. This meant that Hannah most likely wasn’t going to come this weekend. I don’t want to go and be all alone while Jake ‘works’!

“What, babe?” he asked through a smile as he looked over at me.

“I don’t know if I want to go,” I pouted.

“Ky,” he pouted now too.

“I don’t want to be there and be… bored,” I huffed.

“You’re not going to be bored,” he chuckled.

“I will too! And it’s going to make me sad… I can’t ride,” I grumbled.

“If you just wouldn’t be so stubborn…” he taunted.

“I’m not going unless Hannah goes,” I muttered and crossed my arms.

“… Really?” he laughed at me.

“Yes! She’s my partner in crime,” I countered.

“Wil’s… going,” he snickered.

“Hannah hasn’t told me!”

“Well, he always goes to A1… everyone goes,” he shook his head at me.

“No one told me!” I complained.

“It’s just a thing that everyone knows,” he continued to chuckle. “He’s going to go and support his team and build up the East Coast races.”

“I still don’t want to go,” I added.

“Why?” he groaned. “ I want you there,” he went on, pouting once more.

“I’m pregnant.” Yes, I played that card.

“So?” he wrinkled his brow up as he looked at me.

“I can’t go,” I tried to hold in my smile.

“Kylee,” he groaned teasingly and gently tackled me back onto his bed next to his suitcase.

I giggled and tried to push at his chest to get him off of me. He wasn’t having it though. He grumbled and nuzzled his nose into the bend of my neck. Once he stopped, I let out a soft sigh and ran my hand through his hair.

“I really want you there, but if you feel like you’ll be uncomfortable, I’ll understand,” he spoke softly.

“Don’t do this to me,” I groaned. I knew he wanted me there. But him saying it all but guilt tripped me into going!

“Baby…” he whined. “Don’t make me shove you in my suitcase,” he snickered now.

“I’m not going in your suitcase,” I giggled at his playfulness.

“Then you’re coming!” he grinned and kissed my cheek before he pushed himself up off of me.

“I don’t know,” I huffed.

“Just because you’re pregnant… and you can’t ride, doesn’t mean you can’t come to my race,” he told me and shoved a few more shirts in his bag. “I want my girl and baby there,” he sent me a small smile. “… Don’t make me call Hannah,” he snickered.

“What’s she going to do?!” I shot at him.

“Make your sexy ass go!”

“I’m going!”

“Then why are we still talking about this?” he laughed at me now.

“… I don’t now…” I laughed too.

He shook his head through a smile while he went onto zip his bag and put it on the floor. Once there, he crawled back onto the bed with me. His arms quickly coiled around my middle, letting his hand come to a rest on my stomach. I smiled and nuzzled against his chest more while my own hand rested on top of his.

“Hannah told me that she would love to be our baby’s Godmother,” I spoke gently.

“Wil said he think it’d be pretty cool,” he countered, letting his smile shine back through.

“I wouldn’t have expected anything less from him to be honest…” I replied.

“Hannah will make up for whatever Wil doesn’t do…” Jake countered and rubbed at my stomach now.

“I think it’s cute they have a puppy together,” I beamed.

“Their little baby,” Jake cooed cutely. “And we’ll have ours soon,” he added while reaching down, pressing a soft kiss to my stomach… that’s starting to expand to let our baby’s presence be known.

It took everything I had to hold in my coo as I curled up to him. Every once in a while, I have my doubts about this whole situation, but… to be honest, I couldn’t ask for anyone else to support me more than Jake has… and I maybe really want him to… ask me to marry him sometime soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??