You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

It's Nothing

“Jake,” I whined as I fell onto our bed after my shower this morning.

I didn’t feel well and all I wanted were my Jakey cuddles. But I hadn’t seen him all morning! Apparently, he heard me wherever he was. He came into the room, asking me what I wanted. I just pouted at him.

“Babe,” he cooed and came over to my side of the bed.

“I don’t feel well,” I whined.

“What’s wrong?” he questioned while rubbing my back.

“I just want you,” I huffed, “You’ll make it better.”

“I can’t stay long,” he sighed and laid down next to me.

“Why?” I whined and nuzzled against him.

“I have to go to Monster and then I have to ride,” he answered while rubbing at my back.

I let out a loud groan and held onto him tightly. He let out a soft chuckle and pecked his plump lips against my forehead. Usually, it would make things better, but… I just wanted him to spend some time with me! I still wasn’t sure if I was going to his race this weekend. I’m six months pregnant, Jake! Be here for me!

“Do you want me to call Hannah to have her come over here with you?” he asked while gently stroking my hair.

“No,” I sighed.

“You sure?” he questioned once more.

I just nodded my head and rolled over, curling up with the blankets then. Before he pushed himself to his feet, he leaned over and gave my cheek a kiss… and then pressed one to my stomach. Of course our little girl gave a small kick from his touch. As he stood up, I sighed and put my hand there, rubbing at it as if letting her know that I was still here.

“Do I need to make dinner for both of us or are you going to be out long enough to grab something?” I asked him as he sat on the bed to put his shoes on.

“I’ll… probably grab something,” he answered, “Want me to bring anything home for you?”

“No,” I told him and rolled over.

He sighed softly, but I still felt weight on the bed. Seconds later, his lips made contact with my temple.

“I love you,” he spoke and then retracted his steps.

He barely stayed long enough to hear me mumble it back. Once I heard his truck leave, I slowly sat up. I wasn’t going to stay here if he wasn’t here… no matter how badly I felt. I threw some clothes on and went out to my truck… and drove right to Hannah’s shop. When I walked in, I waddled back to her office to find her there.

“Hey, momma,” she teased as I eased into a chair.

“Hey,” I huffed.

“What’s up?” she went on.

“Missing my baby’s daddy,” I complained.

“Where is he?”

“Riding and sponsor stuff,” I huffed.

“Well, gotta make that money,” she teased.

“I hope I go into early labor and he worries his ass off,” I muttered.

“No you don’t,” she laughed at me.

“I’ve felt weird all day though,” I confessed.

“… Like how?” she looked at me sideways.

“It’s nothing bad!” I hurried to ease her mind.

“Then what is it?” she pressed me more.

“My back hurts! But I’m pregnant. It’s normal,” I shrugged.

She studied my features for a few seconds… before she started back up again.

“What else?”

“I’ve been… kind of crampy, but it’s not too…”

“Does your doctor know?!” she cut me off.

“I haven’t been to the doctor lately,” I huffed.

“Oh my gosh, Kylee,” Hannah put her head in her hands.

“I’m fine! It’s nothing,” I groaned.

She just shook her head then. Whatever. It’s nothing bad. Nothings… leaking and I’m not about to push a kid out, so it’s fine! It’s nothing to concern anyone about. I still should have told Jake so he would feel bad and stay home with me…

“So, are you going to the race this weekend?” I changed subjects since the East coast races are in full swing.

“Wil wants me to,” she sighed.

“I don’t know if I want to go,” I sighed as well.

“You have the pregnant excuse though!” she laughed.

In return, I grinned innocently. She rolled her eyes and flicked her pen cap at me. We went on to talk about the races more. With me being more pregnant, I know they wouldn’t be much fun… but I need to support Jake even if I feel like I’m not getting the support I need from him right now… However, if my best friend can go and support her man, then… I guess I could go support mine as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??