You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

Just Not My Day

I sat in my office the next afternoon ordering more supplies that we were running low on with Jack’s Mannequin playing softly in the background. A knock on the door came just as I began to sing along to the chorus, “I've got friends who la la lie...Come in.”

The door opened and a head popped in, “Listening to music that describe last night?”

I stared wide-eyed at the door, “What are you doing here?”

“I got bored and wanted to see what you were up to.”

“Seriously, how did you find out where I worked? Are you stalking me or something?”

Wil laughed as he took a seat, “No calm down, there was a business card stuck on Jake’s fridge.”

I raised an eyebrow at him, “And you just happened to remember the address to the shop encase you got bored?”

“Well no.”

“So?”

“I wanted to come by and check out your place. See your work, you know.”

“Have you seen Kylee’s tattoos?” He nodded, “Then you’ve seen my work. Everything she has was done by me.”

“Everything?”

“Yup, you really think she’d go anywhere else?”

“Who did yours?”

“My brother Ty. He’s out on the floor right now.”

Wil opened his mouth to respond but before he had the chance the door flew open, “Oh my God, Hannah you are not going to believe what happen- Wilbur what the hell are you doing here?!”

“Nice to see you too Kylee,” Wil said as he leaned back on the couch.

“Hannah what is HE doing here?”

I shrugged, “I’m still not exactly sure. I think he’s stalking me.”
“Leave her alone, Wil.”

“Hey, she hasn’t told me to leave yet.”

“That’s because she is too nice.”

The two continued to bicker back and forth, I let out a big sigh and walked out of my office and out to the floor. I took a seat on the stool at my station next to Ty.

“So who was that guy?”

“Wil, he’s a moto guy.”

“Oh friends with Kylee and Jake then?”

“Friends with Jake. Kylee hates him which is why I left them arguing in my office. They were giving me a headache.”

Ty tossed me a bottle of aspirin and I quickly popped two pills, “Well you got a customer in a few minutes so it was a good thing to escape when you did.”

“Maybe they’ll stop fighting by the time I get done.”

Ty laughed, “If I know Kylee, that’s doubtful.”

I just shook my head as I took another sip from my water bottle. Soon enough it was time for my appointment, “Oh hell no. I am not tattooing you.” I stood up from my station and was about to start walking back to my office.

“Wait!”

“Seriously Mike, not cool.” Ty stepped in.

“I just wanted to talk to you, Hannah.”

“No, I really don’t want to talk to you,” I shook my head and continued to the back where the two were still making snarky comments, “Will you two just shut the hell up?!” I yelled slamming the door behind me and causing a picture frame to fall, “Dammit!”

Today just really was not my day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh boy.

Hannah

Comment??