Fear

Home

Londyn faced one of the Wayne Enterprise executives with a elegant smile.

"I'm Londyn Jonas" Londyn introduced herself.

Miranda Tate smiled and shook hands with Londyn. Miranda couldn't help but raise her brow at the sight of the young girl. No wonder he was distracted Miranda thought.
It was kept secret of Miranda's true identity. Only two citizens in Gothem knew and that was enough.
Miranda was impressed by the girl. But a ping of jealously rang through her. Also it was unknown to Londyn.

"Such a lovely name" Miranda commented.

"And you are from Chicago?" Miranda asked.

Londyn cocked her head in wonder "Yes" she nodded and wondered how the women knew.

"Your accent is thick" Miranda said covering her tracks.

Londyn simply nodded in politeness. "I actually can't place your accent. Where are you from?" She asked and wondered if she was being rude.

Miranda smiled "Oh it's a long way from here"

Miranda caught site of Bruce Wayne and stepped aside "It was a pleasure"

Finally Miranda caught a glimpse of the girl. It intrigue her to see him react in such a way. The executive walked away leaving Londyn gazing down into her glass.
She raised the glass to her lips. The champagne went down her throat with ease. Londyn rolled her tongue.
As a waiter in a tux passed Londyn took another glass smiling.
Londyn did not even drink alcohol. But under these circumstances she found it appealing.
Londyn leant on the railing and gazed down at her wrist.
She found herself wanting to go back home.
Home. Londyn froze.
The sewers and the tunnels were not her home. Londyn was now furious.
Bane took her away from her life.
Londyn wanted it back.
Londyn took a sip of her champagne. This glass would be her fourth. Londyn thought she was being brave by doing this. But it was just the alcohol clouding her judgement.
In this moment Londyn didn't find a care in the world.
Londyn walked swiftly down the stairs.
Londyn gaze fell to search for Tuck.
He was no where to be found.
So, Londyn began walking out of the grand doors.
The cold air whipped her face.
Londyn gaze fell on a younger man.The man recognized Londyn handing her the key to the SUV they arrived in.

"Enjoy your night" The man smiled easily at Londyn.

This is not going to be this easy Londyn thought.

Londyn waved at the man and turned in her heels and made her way toward the truck.
As Londyn climbed in she almost decided not to go through with it.
Oh no I'm doing this she pushed herself.
Londyn reached down and took off her heels. She started the truck and peeled away.
Londyn gaze fell on the names of the streets. She was so close to home.
Londyn jerked the truck and ran through a red light.
Tears now brimmed her eyes.

"He's going to kill me" Londyn gasped.

Londyn saw the familiar street and slowed to a stop. Home she thought.
Londyn cut the engine and leaned her head on the steering wheel.
The tears flowed now. Londyn was panicking. Londyn wiggled out of the truck. Her bare feet touching the pavement.
Londyn closed the drivers door.
She began running toward the building.
The door swiftly opened.
Londyn avoided the elevator and threw her body into the door. Londyn ran up the stairs to the third floor.
She stepped into her hallway. Londyn was now thankful that she paid her rent yearly. So this year her home was covered and she was not evicted.
Londyn walked to her door sobbing for air.
She lifted the plant that held her spare key.
Londyn placed her key in the door and with a swift motion of her wrist the door unlocked. The door swung open.
Londyn heart began to beat frantically in her chest.
Londyn stepped in leaving the door wide open.
Londyn fingers ran along the marble counter. Londyn bent down and opened a cabinet. She pulled out a bottle of whiskey.
Londyn thought she should be intoxicated when she died.
Londyn unclasped the bottle and took a swig of it. She wheezed and coughed. The alcohol burned her throat.
Londyn closed her eyes and threw her head back gulping the whiskey.
Londyn threw the whiskey bottle in the sink.
Londyn head swirled.
A red light informed her that she had a voice mail on her home telephone.
Londyn swallowed and pressed play.

"Hi sweetie it's your mom" Londyn began to cry at the sound "Just checking in. I miss you and dad and Freddie misses you too" her mother babbled. Freddie was her small yorkie.

Then the machine played the last message "Londyn Anne I am worried about you. Are you in trouble? I will contact what ever police they have in that filth called a city" her mother scream.

Londyn rarely talked to her mother or father. So Londyn reached for her phone. The line was disconnected. Lodnyn fumbled with the the cords and threw the machine against the wall with a scream.
Londyn rubbed her face.
Londyn caught sight of a box. It held pictures of her family and friends. It was a gift for when she went off to college.
She rushed over to it. She picked it up in hands and marveled at it.
Londyn dropped to the floor.
With shaky hands she picked up a certain photograph that was framed.
Londyn eyes widen. It was herself. This girl looked so happy. She smiled facing the camera. Her eyes held no fear. Her eyes instead held light.
Then she saw herself through the photographs. One caught Londyn's eye. It was her high school graduation her family and friends surrounded her. Londyn and her best friend stuck there tongues out.
The photograph made Londyn laughed.
The sound of a door being closed had Londyn glancing down at her wrist.
Her lips spread in a sad smile.

"I wonder if I will ever be happy as I once was" Londyn murmured.

Londyn turned her face and met the eyes of Bane. Of course he would find me she thought sadly.
Londyn gingerly took off the bracelet and placed it on the hard wood floor.
Londyn rose to her feet. Her head swirled.

"I wanted to go home" she met his gaze. "But I realized I was referring to your home" Londyn eyes lowered "So I wanted to go to my own home"

Bane stood facing the girl. All emotions ran through the man. The girl was intoxicated. As much as he wanted to be furious. Bane was more than intrigued by the girl actions.
Bane watched the girl stumbled forward. Bane instinct was to catch her but the girl gained balanced.
He watched in amazement as the girl lips raised into a smile.
Londyn took his hand.
Bane lowered his gaze then met her calm green eyes.

"If you're going to kill me" Londyn said placing Banes hand to her throat "Do it now"

Bane eyes narrowed at her request. For the first time he arrived Bane finally spoke. "I do not intend on killing you tonight Miss Jonas"

Lodnyn eyes squinted "Why?"

Bane sighed and turned away. Small hands collided into his jacket.
Bane snapped his gaze forward.
Londyn began to cry.
Bane cocked his head frowning ,the girl lives another day what more does she want? Bane thought.

"I want answers Bane" Londyn begged sobbing. "Please" she stepped toward him.

Bane grimaced under the mask. Londyn gripped his tan jacket and peered up at him. Bane lips twitched under the mask from the girls touch.
Londyn seeing that Bane had no intentions of answering her made her furious.
Bane watched as her little fist began pounding onto his chest.
Bane shoulders slumped.

"I hate you" she screamed.

Bane took hold of her forearms and pushed her against the wall.
Londyn gasped and shook from his touch.
Bane met her green eyes intently.
Londyn watched as his contraption leaned toward her ear.

"You are a butterfly" his mechanic voice whispered "And one by one I will pluck each of your wings"

Bane shoved her deeper into the wall.
Londyn bit her tongue. As Bane released the girl, Londyn slumped to the ground.
Bane smiled pleased under his contraption.
Bane turned and his gaze fell on the apartment. It suited her he found himself thinking. Bane gaze fell on a framed photograph. Bane didn't break his stride but took in the photograph. The photograph was of the girl smiling directly looked forward. Her hair swayed slightly and her eyes held warmth.
For what ever reason Bane smiled.
Once in the wall way. Bane nodded to Barsad.
Barsad stepped into the girls home and stepped out with the girl leaning into him in his arms.
Bane stared at the pair until they entered the door leading to the stairs.
Bane now stared at Tuck who was leaning on the wall.
Bane smiled his eyes crinkling at his sides.

"Brother" Bane said gripping the mans shoulders. "You were suppose to look after her" Bane reminded Tuck.

"This is the second time you failed me"

As Bane gripped the mans shoulder his head collided to the mans. Tuck head rolled back. Bane took hold of Tucks neck and turned his neck into a angle.
Satisfied, Bane made his way back to the girl. As Tuck's dead body laid outside Londyn's open door.

_________________________

Londyn was apparently asleep as Bane climbed in.
Bane stared forward intently as Barsad drove through the streets of Gothem.
Bane eyes lingered on the sleeping figure beside him.
A sharp turn was made causing the girl to lean into Bane.
Bane twitched at this.
He found himself not wanting to wake her. He reasoned she would cry and sob again and Bane did not have the patience to deal with that.
Londyn sighed her lip pouting. Her hand clutched Bane jacket.
Bane removed his gaze away and found himself grinning.
She was breaking. Excellent.
The SUV eased to a stop. Barsad left the vehicle with out another glance or word.
Bane stood in the vehicle pondering with himself.
Absently his eyes went to the girls face.
A fallen strand escaped her now clumpy hair.
The girls punishment would be to train all day with Bane tomorrow. The girl would enjoy that Bane mused to himself.
Bane pulled the girl toward him. Bane shed off his jacket and placed it on the girls shoulder.
Bane placed the girls small body into his arms. He glanced down and pushed a fallen strand away from the girl tucking it away.
With the girl in his arms Bane made his way back to his dorm.