Fear

Return

Bane eased the motorcycle to a stop. He could feel the girl jump off the bike.

"I am never ever doing that again!" Londyn cried.

"And who was the man that was chasing us?"

"The batman?"

Londyn questions were becoming hysterical. Bane gaze lowered to stare at the girl.
Londyn held her arms close to herself.
It was past midnight and the pair were chased by the batman.
The sight of the man in the suite apparently took the heat off Bane. The police were more interested in the batman.
Bane simply got away.
The whole ride Londyn had her eyelids shut tightly refusing to open. When the bike eased a stop that's when she allowed herself to open her eyelids.

"Bane, please tell me"

Bane adverted his eyes toward the girl.

"The batman seems to be out his cave"

Londyn brows scrunched up together in confusion. She opened her mouth but Bane interrupted her.

"You will soon be clued in"

Bane swayed off the bike. Londyn surely wasn't letting the topic go.

"Here are the files" she handed him the case. "Why are you so interested in Bruce Wayne?"

Bane swiftly took the files. "Bruce Wayne is a intriguing man. Don't you agree?"

Londyn eyes narrowed "He's just a normal human being"

Bane wanted to laugh at the girls words "It will all come to light soon"

Londyn stared at Bane sharply. "The tablet?" She wondered.

"It holds investments" he half lied to the girl.

Londyn rubbed her eyes and stifled a yawn.
Bane lips twitched.

"I shall escort you to our dorm"

Londyn heart soared at Bane words to her. Hiding her feeling she waved her hand. "Nah"

Bane eyes narrowed and looked at the girl sharply. "You're tired" he stated.

"Sleep can wait" Londyn yawned.

"Londyn" Bane began and noticed the girl beaming at him. "I insist"

Londyn smiled and clasped her hands together "Okay"

Bane was slightly confused by the girl. She was clearly exhausted but refused to sleep?
Bane walked close behind her into the tunnels.

"It's to dark" Londyn stumbled.

Bane eyesight was perfection in the dark.
As he didn't see the light of day until he was a grown man.
Londyn stumbled more gripping the wall for balance.
Bane shook his head and placed his hand on the girls lower back.
Londyn froze from his touch. Heat crept to her cheeks.
Bane guided the girl in the dark.

"I doubt you will be sleeping soon" she murmured in the dark.

"I can go days without rest" he informed her.

Disappointment flooded through her knowing Bane would not be using the bed. And Londyn wanted to kick herself in the ass for feeling that.
Bane watched as the girls shoulders slumped.
Light now filled the tunnels.
Bane lifted his hand away.
But the girl shifted herself so she was at his side. It was a reflex to Londyn.

"Anything planned for tonight?" Londyn wondered.

Banes brows knitted together as he felt her little elbow reach his ribs. The girl grinned.

"I have to attend to business"

Londyn frowned "What kind-"

Bane interrupted her "Business that does not concern you since you will be sleeping"

Londyn grumbled at his side. Bane grinned under his mask.

"When will you be back?"

Bane lips twitched "A few hours"

The girls expression became sad to Bane. "I will be return shortly" he promised.

"I want to train tomorrow" Londyn said.

Bane eyebrows rose surprised at her request "Certainly"

They approached the door of there dorm.
Londyn was surprise as Bane stepped inside with her.
Londyn trailed away into the bathroom to put on her bed time attire. It was sweats and a white shirt.
Londyn unclasped her tie and her hair fell to her sides. She trailed out of the bathroom after she brushed her teeth thoroughly.

"Goodnight" she said to Bane who was standing in the middle of the room.

Bane watched the girl crawl into bed. The girl looked exhausted to Bane. She needs her rest he thought.
Londyn watched Bane approach her slowly.
Bane pulled the thin blanket to the girl chin. Bane hesitantly stood above her.
Londyn stared mouth agape.
Londyn watched in amazement as Bane became not sure of hisself.

"I will return" he reminded her.

Londyn smiled and turned onto her side. "Avoid the main streets" she said dryly.

Bane smiled and slowly placed his hand to her hair. Londyn did not flinch from his touch but welcomed it. Londyn felt his fingers go through her hair.
Bane pulled away.

"Sleep well Londyn"

Londyn fell asleep with a frantic heart beat from Bane words