Fear

Truce

The pain was unbearable to Londyn.
The physical pain Bane was causing her. Londyn tried to ignore the lump in her throat.
At this very moment Bane and the girl were training with the always unsettling throwing knives.
Londyn scrambled out of harms way. Sweat was visible on her face.
She refuse to give up the training. Londyn knew Bane was testing her.
She refused to break. Londyn couldn't help but give Bane a wide smile.
This infuriated Bane. His gaze shifted to a long wide sparring stick. Bane collided the sparring weapon to his knee. Breaking the weapon in two he threw it toward the girl.
Londyn caught it reflexively. She was hesitant colliding the stick toward Bane. Bane surely was not. His weapon collided to the girls knee causing her to drop on the matted floor. The girl let out a sigh.
Londyn stood up quickly and bent to pick up the weapon.
Bane large boot stepped on the weapon causing it to snap. Londyn peered up at him glaring as the sides of his abnormal eyes began to crinkle.
Pure anger flowed through Londyn.
Londyn kicked at his feet. Bane chest rumbled from the laughter he was repressing.
Londyn twirled her body raising her leg in a graceful stance. Londyn aimed for the only part of him that would cause him some sort of pain.
Banes mouth piece to his contraption.
He caught her leg inches away from his contraption piece. He glared at her while she returned the glare.
Anger flashed across his abnormal eyes.

"Idiot"

Bane words sent more fire through Londyn. He twirled her leg in his hands. Londyn collapsed to her knees.

"Your a coward"

Londyn glared up at him.

"Can't face it huh?" She forced the smugness.

Bane eyes crinkled and lowered himself.

"You are weak"

Londyn turned her gaze away from him. Tears blurred her vision.

"And you are a coward"

Bane skin crawled at her words.
Bane placed both of his hands onto her cheeks peering into her green orbs.
Bane hand pulled back clenching his palm into a fist.

"You will never learn" His contraption spoke expressing a sigh.

Bane collided his fist to Londyn's jaw.
The girls head pulled back.
Bane cocked his head gazing at the girl as she laid unconscious.

___________________________

Bane lifted the petite girl in his arms. Londyn laid limp, her head leaning into his broad chest. Her arm dangled against his abdomen.
Bane gazed down at her for a moment. Allowing hisself to take in the girl now. He refuse to acknowledge the girl while she was awake.
Bane knew the action was tormenting the girl. She expressed it in her green wide eyes. This pleased Bane.
Bane was torn.
Torn between molding the girl, shaping her into a fighter or protect her from all.
Bane walked into the tunnels and rounded the corner.
Bane halted to a stop.

"Hello my friend"

Talia smiled gently at him. Bane nodded his head and began to move toward Talia.

"Did your pet misbehave?" She rose a thick brow.

Bane carried Londyn into the dorm with Talia trailing behind him. Bane placed her his bed and pulled the thin sheet to her chin.
Bane eyes lingered on the girl before he turned to Talia.

"Enjoying your double life?" Bane asked dryly stepping away from the bed.

"It is necessary"

The pair stepped out of the dorm. Bane leaned onto the wall with his arms crossed. While Talia stood opposite from him. A displeased look lingered on her features.

"We must fulfill my fathers destiny" Talia stated.

"I am aware" Bane nodded "I'm prepared to walk in the fire for you"

Talia peered up at him sharply "I don't think you are" her gaze shifted to the door.

Bane eyes narrowed. Talia stepped forward "What is so appealing? Is it her innocence?" She asked softly. "Finding a new redemption?"

Bane shook his head from side to side. His brow furrowing.
A smile played on Talia lips

"My friend" she said "The girl will burn"

The girl will burn.
Gothem City will burn.
Talia and her protector will burn.

"I am aware" he found himself repeating.

"I will not stand for any mishaps" Talia said through clench teeth.

"I assure you everything is according to plan" Bane said meeting her eyes.

Bane gaze turned dark "And Bruce Wayne? I am sure he is falling in your grasp"

"Falling head over heels" she murmured. "Everything is going according to plan"

Bane disapproved of Talia's plan. It was unnecessary to Bane what Talia was doing in her spare time.
Bane gazed at Talia.
The memories swarmed to him. The five year old little girl sleeping in his arms. Her silent laughter filling him as she would whisper to him as she rested in his arms. Her first step was to him, her first word. The most terrific moment and yet terrifying moment was when his only friend escaped.
It was bitter sweet to the man.
Talia cocked her hand and smiled at Bane. He could see the question in her eyes. Bane waved his hand and shook his head impatiently.

"I must return" Talia murmured "This will be the last time I will see you until it's time"

Bane eyes shot up to meet hers. "I will arrange the doctor to come to you" she told him.

Talia stepped toward him and placed her hand onto his mouthpiece. Talia gazed up and saw such emotion in the mans blue abnormal eyes.

"Goodbye Bane" she whispered.

"Goodbye my friend"

Bane watched with steady eyes as Talia Al' Ghul gracefully enter the tunnels.
Bane eyes gazed forward taking a deep breath. His contraption expressed a sigh.
Bane returned to the sleeping girl in his dorm.
_______________________________

A gasp escaped from Londyn lips.

"Son of a bitch"

Londyn stumbled out of the bed. She was alone in the room. At Bane desk was a glass of water and a Advil.
How sweet Londyn thought placing the pill onto her tongue and washing it down with the water.
Londyn avoided peering into a mirror. Obviously there was a bruise on her jaw.
Furious she began to move. Londyn searched through the tunnels.
She peeked her head inside the sparring room and saw no men in the room.
As she rounded the corner she was faced with light. The latch above her was open revealing the setting of the sun.
Londyn began to climb the ladder. As she approach the top. She stopped short at the sight of Bane.
Bane sat at the edge of the roof. His legs dangling from the rooftop. His gaze forward. Londyn stepped forward and walked toward him.

"You just had to knock me unconscious"

Bane lips spread into a smile. He watched the girl carefully sit down next to him.

"You were being difficult" he murmured.

"So the first thing you do is knock me out" Londyn asked amused.

"Precisely"

The sides of his eyes crinkled informing Londyn he was in fact smiling.

"You are bizarre" she muttered.

Bane lifted his hand and opened his palm before him. Londyn laughed at his gesture.
Bane took in the girls laughter as it rang through the roof top.

"Bane?" She asked softly.

"Yes?"

"Please stop hitting me" she said dryly.

"You will thank me one day"

"That is doubtful" she said dryly.

Bane chest rumbled at the girl. So amusing he thought.
He gaze shifted to the girl.

"I have something else I want to say" she said shifting herself uncomfortable.

Bane nodded his head. "Can we call it a truce?"

Bane brows knitted together in confusion.

"A truce? A agreement.." She said then her eyes narrowed "Between enemies"

Bane brows knitted tightly "I am not your enemy"

Londyn slumped her shoulders and rolled her green eyes.

Bane lips twitched into a smile. "I suppose so" he nodded.

Bane peered down at the girl.
As the sun sank lower in the sky. The remaining light shone directly at the girl.
Bane scowled at himself.
As he was the darkness
And Londyn was the light.