Fear

Eternity

On Tuesday September 18, 1988 nine o'clock at night Londyn Anne Jonas was born. The infant weighed eight pounds and six ounces. Londyn cries echoed through the hospital halls.
Jessica Jonas laid in wonder at the sight of her first child. Mark Jonas was actually away for business. He would later come home to a perfect baby girl.
Jessica held the tiny infant in her arms and stared lovingly down at her daughter.

"Hello Londyn" she whispered.

"What a lovely name" A nurse passing noticed smiling brightly at the new born.

Mark and Jessica Jonas were both twenty four when they met in a coffee shop in Paris. The pair were away from the United States to attend the same business meeting. Mark urged Jessica to go on a date with him. Jessica declined politely. The women was more aware of her job than a love life.
Three days later Jessica would meet Mark in a restaurant alone in London. That is when Mark would invite Jessica over to join him for lunch.
A week and two days later Mark found himself head over heels. The pair would fly back home together.
The rest was history for the pair. Endless love in the ten years that they were together before the birth of there daughter.
A endless try to conceive a child. A miscarriage broke the couple. Jessica lost hope to ever give birth.
Now, she held a baby in her arms. That was the women's hope.
Jessica lightly brushed a black strand of hair away from the new born soft skull.
Jessica fell in love with the child and fell in love with watching her daughter grow.
__________________________________

Twenty five years later Jessica Jonas stood in the foyer of her three bedroom Victorian home in Chicago. She stared deeply out the window and watched the rain ease onto the window.
Jessica held herself tightly controlling the unwanted tears.

"There is no missing person list in Gothem"

Mark stepped into the foyer and handed his wife a cup of tea.

"Also Londyn boss is among the missing" he said skeptical.

"Londyn expressed her feelings toward that man" she said dryly and took a sip of tea "It was hardly sweet"

"Who knows maybe-"

Jessica interrupted her husband with a wave of her hand "Our daughter is a responsible girl. She would never just leave and not tell us" a sob escaped her throat.

Londyn held her responsibilities all her life.
Maintaining honor role in all of her years of school.
Londyn was popular and yet showed potential to go to a state school.
But Gothem Jessica slightly winced at the thought of the city. Londyn showed interest in the city. Jessica refused to allow Londyn to move to a unknown city.
Jessica was heart broken to watch her daughter go.
Now Londyn was missing in Gothem. Jessica attempted to search for her.
But came up short. Lodnyn apartment was well kept and seemed tidy. Jessica knew her daughter had gone home.
Jessica had a unsettling feeling in her gut. Something was terribly wrong with the situation.
Jessica and Mark wanted there daughter home in Chicago.
The couple long to see there daughter again.
What the couple didn't know was that they would not see there daughter for a very long time.
_______________________________

Londyn often dreamt.
Mostly her dreams were revolved around Bane.
A particular dream hunted her.
It came most nights. Tonight it crept up on her while she slept.

The frightening cold air swirled around Londyn. She wore only a black sweater and tan cargo pants.
The snow aimed toward her. The cold was unbearable but it did not stop Londyn.
She ran toward the white stairs of city hall.
Men surrounded the building also the police of Gothem. Londyn frantically searched for him.
Finally she caught sight of him.
Her legs began to move.

"Stop-" A unfamiliar man began but was interrupted.

Londyn twirled the knife in her hand and without flinching collided the blade into the mans throat.
The man dropped to the ground and his blood painted the snow red before him.
Londyn walked past him and flung the double doors open.
Londyn halted and her hand started to tremble.
Bane fought against a unknown citizen. Bane eyes averted to the girl. He was suddenly distracted. His brows furrowed.
The citizen aimed the gun into Banes chest and pulled the trigger.
Bane stumbled and tapped his chest.
The knife had disappeared from Londyn grasp instantly and it was now longed into the mans stomach.
Londyn watched as the man collapsed to the ground seizing before turning limp.
Her gaze fell on Bane.

"Oh no no no" Londyn cried.

Londyn scrambled forward and dropped to her knees clutching his jacket.

"You should not have come" his mechanic mask uttered.

"I couldn't leave you" Londyn sobbed her chest heaving.

Bane eyes crinkled at its side.

"You can't die" Londyn acclaimed sternly. "You can't leave me. No" she shook her head.

"It was a pleasure Londyn"

Then Banes abnormal eyes closed.
Forever.

Londyn gasped jolting forward.

"Holy shit"

Londyn shook against a solid figure.

"Whhhhhhhaaaaaat?" She exclaimed widely turning sharply and landing on the floor.

"You were having a nightmare" Bane informed her dryly . "You were clinging to me"

Londyn grumbled and lifted herself up from the floor.
Bane watched amused by the girl.
The girl was having a nightmare and it troubled Bane to see her visibly in pain. Bane wondered what had her panicked in her slumber.
Londyn slowly climbed in bed her eyes leveling with Bane.
Londyn laid on her side and held onto the pillow.

"Sorry" she mumbled.

Londyn could feel the electricity between them. She wanted to face him but found no courage.

"You do not have to apologize"

Banes voice was so close to Londyn's ear. The girl tense and stare forward.

"Sleep" Bane voice hummed softly.

Londyn sighed and sank deeper into the bed. Londyn gaze fell onto the digital digits that informed her of the time.
It was past twelve.
It was finally her birthday.
Another year older.
___________________________

A slow knock on the dorm door claimed Londyn attention as she stepped out of the Bathroom.

"Yes?"

The door slowly opened and revealed Barsad. "Bane would like to see you" he murmured quickly and disappeared just as quick.

Londyn interest peaked and she glanced at the time. It was little past nine o'clock at night.
It was late for Bane to make a social call.
Londyn slipped on her boots and trailed into the tunnels.
The day was ordinary. Nothing special.
The pair trained and Bane almost had the pleasure of breaking Londyn's leg. It was a ordinary day.
Bane did not acknowledge her birthday but Londyn did not expect him too.
Londyn climbed the ladder and opened the latch.
Londyn planned on meeting Bane on the roof. Why did Bane make a social call?
She caught a glimpse of Bane leaning onto the ledge staring directly at her.

"Hi" She said lamely.

Londyn walked slowly toward him.
She was suddenly nervous. For what? She didn't know.
Bane gaze was calm as it always was.

"Why the social call?" She wondered.

Bane eyes narrowed "I do not know what you mean"

Londyn realized Bane was hiding something. He was being sneaky. A slow smile spread across her lips.
Bane peered down at the girl and a feeling washed over him. He was feeling jittery. Such a odd emotion to the man.

"I have something for you" Bane informed her.

"A present?" Londyn beamed.

Londyn noted this was out of character if he actually handed her a present.

"No" Bane lips twitched holding in his laughter. Thank god Londyn thought.

Bane reached into his cargo pocket. His grasp a unknown item.
Londyn gazed at his clenched hand in wonder. She gazed up at him.
Bane eyes watched her intently. He slowly opened her palm and place the object in her hand.
Londyn met his eyes and before she knew what the item was she smiled at Bane.
She peered down and saw a small rock in her hand.
The rock was shape oddly, it was a shape of a eternity symbol. It was beautiful to Londyn.

"It's from my home" Bane slowly said.

Londyn eyes widen and slowly met his gaze. "I want you to have it" Bane stated calmly.

Londyn swallowed and could not form any words. Londyn could not find her voice. She could feel the tears prick her eyes.
Her heart soared from Banes words.
Bane watched her with furrowed brows.
His gaze became intent.
Then his mechanic voice told the girl.

"Happy birthday"
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know how I feel about this chapter ..
Leave your comments ! ❤☺

Thanks for reading
Love- V