Fear

Trigger

Several hours later the door cracked open. But to Londyn it seemed to feel as if it had been several days.
Londyn was in a fetal position on the cot. She wanted to be free from whoever was her capture.
Londyn didn't realize the door was cracked open. Barsad stood in the door way waiting for her to realize he was standing there.
Barsad cleared his throat. Londyn turned her head. Her green eyes adjusted to the little light in the room.
A gasped escaped her mouth. Londyn scrambled forward.
Barsad tilted his head and watched as the panic and fear rushed to her pretty eyes.

"Get up" he commanded.

Londyn found the nerve to move her legs. As she got to her feet. She almost fell to the floor. Londyn legs were to shaky to stand.
Barsad stood there patiently. But he also knew Bane was expecting the women.
Londyn slowly walked to him.
A slow smile spread across his lips.

"You may use the bathroom"

Barsad led her to another room and opened the door.

"You have two minutes" he warned.

Londyn shook her head quickly and stepped into the bathroom. Londyn avoided the mirror. The bathroom was surprisingly clean. Londyn was grateful for this.
Londyn used the bathroom and tired to clean her face. She washed her hands many times before a shout from Barsad telling her time was up.
She stepped into the hallway. Barsad nodded and began walking.
Londyn kept her pace with the man.

"What is your name?" She whispered.

Barsad gazed at her quickly surprise that she found her voice.

"My name is Barsad, Miss Jonas".

Of course they know my name Londyn thought bleakly.

"What is the mans name?" She asked whispering.

Barsad met her eyes and leaned down.

"Ask him yourself" he smiled.

Barsad led her into a room. Londyn saw it was the same room she was once in.
The man was waiting patiently in the middle of the room.
Londyn gazed at the mans arms seeing that his arms were as big as her legs.

"Miss Jonas" he stated. The low mechanic sound hummed through the room.
A small nod to Barsad. Then Londyn and the man were alone in the room.
Londyn stood there unable to speak.

"You have nothing to fear Miss. Jonas"

Londyn met his eyes and let out a nervous laugh.

"May I ask why am I here?"

The man nodded to himself.

"You were injured. My men saved your life" he stated.

Londyn nodded and was suddenly calm.

"I am very grateful. Now may I leave?" She asked.

Londyn held her breathe and waited for the man to speak.

"Your profession intrigues me" he instead said.

Londyn fumbled with her hands.

"I work for Jay Smith".

The man gave her one nod.

"I want the files Miss Jonas of all the prisoners"

Londyn opened her mouth then closed it quickly. Her heart hammered in her chest.

"I do not have the files"

Londyn avoided his dark gaze. The man frightened Londyn to the extreme.

"I may accompany you to retrieve them" his voice sounded almost cheerful.

Londyn eyes narrowed from his voice. His voice was more frighful than his body.

"I don't think-" she was cut off.

"You will or it will be your life and many others".

Londyn eyes grew wide. Her body betrayed her,it began to shake.

"Do you understand?"

Londyn nodded and gazed down to the floor. The man stepped forward and his eyes crinkled telling Londyn the man was smiling.

"I am Bane"

_________________________________________

Londyn was dressed in the same clothing as she was two nights ago. Londyn was accompanied by the two mercenaries , Bane and Barsad.
She sat in between them as they were driven by a man named Tuck.
Barsad kept his gaze toward the window. His hands always twitching to his trigger.
That made Londyn uneasy.
Bane was quite until he gave orders to where Tuck should go.
Londyn arranged her thoughts to herself. She stayed in the mercenary room for a unknown amount of time. Bane, she cringed at his name consciously, kept her for this long to retrieve files.
Londyn eyes fell on the driver who kept a steady pace through the streets. His blue eyes met hers and gave her a gentle smile.
Londyn cleared her throat and gazed down. Barsad chuckled beside her.
While Bane kept quite. The only sound that was heard was his hum of breathing.
Londyn kept concentrating on breathing. In and out she told herself.
The SUV crawled to a stop and Londyn let out a shaky breathe. She adjusted her bag on her shoulder. Barsad opened the door and offered his hand to Londyn.
Londyn gazed down and accepted. The sky was now a glooming purple. But people still walked the streets of Gotham.
So as best as Londyn could she summoned herself to spread a dazzling smile on her lips.
Barsad smirked at the women seeming impressed by the facade.

"Do not let Miss Jonas out of your sight"

Londyn turned to Banes voice. They both made eye contact. Londyn challenged him by not looking away. Banes eyes were alluring in the menacing way.

"And Miss Jonas if you try to escape I will not hesitate in killing you"

It was not a warning is was a simple statement. Londyn set her jaw and refused to answer him.
Barsad led her to the front door. As they walked to the double door to the firm she noticed Barsad's attire was casual.

"Security will be hesitant in letting you by" Londyn murmured.

"Good thing I'm your fiancé"

Appalled by his words Londyn eyes narrowed.

"The employees will not believe-" she was cut off.

"Make them Londyn" Barsad snapped.

Londyn glared at him and slowly looked away. As they approached the doors Barsad opened the door for Londyn
They were greeted by Willy T. A older man who worked at the firm since it was established.

"Hello Londyn" Willy chirped.

Willy's eyes shifted to Barsad

"Oh where are my manners" Londyn said donning a fake laugh.

"This is my fiancé Kevin" she lied through her teeth and gazed at Barsad.

Willy eyes narrowed slightly but smiled politely.

"Please to meet you" the men shook hands.

Barsad seemed amused to Londyn.

"I just swung by to get some work for the weekend" again she lied.

A part of Londyn desperately wanted Willy to see through the lies. But it was clear the man was oblivious.
A looming thought to Londyn was Bane in the SUV. The thought was of him killing her swiftly.

"Okay darling" Willy said smiling.

Londyn smiled and was shocked as Barsad grasped her hands in his.
They walked hand in hand away from the older man. Londyn legs began to shake.

"Keep it together" Barsad told her.

Londyn was released from Barsad's grasp. She unclenched her sore hand. He held on tightly to her hand.

"Now" Londyn said placing herself in her desk chair. Londyn swiftly pressed her identification code into her laptop.

"I only need a few minutes" she mumbled.

A picture flashed onto the screen. Londyn eyes began to water at the sight of her family. She would never know if she would ever see her family.
Barsad grinned at the screen and held in admiration for the women. Her beauty would get her killed. Barsad thought she was fragile.
Londyn dazed forward completely unaware of Barsad as he paced around the room.
The files were soon retrieved in her data.
Londyn gnawed of her lower lip. The dent act .. This was the purpose the result of many criminals being put away. Why would Bane be interested in criminals?
Because he, himself is a criminal she thought.
Londyn eyes drifted to Barsad as he had his back toward her.
With a shaky hand she pressed print.
Maybe just maybe Bane will let me free Londyn thought, she was hopeful.

"Why do you want the files of the criminals?" Londyn voice filled the silent room.

Barsad turned his head. "To only gain knowledge".

Londyn frowned not understanding.

A knock on the door had Londyn shaking in the knees.

"Yes?" She cleared her throat.

In walked Jay Smith. Her eyes widened at the sight of him. Londyn quickly turned to Barsad.

"Londyn I didn't expect you to be here" Jay smiled. Jay in his mid thirties always admired Londyn ,especially her legs. Jay Smith was all lawyers that were summoned up to be. A swallow human being especially in Gothem City.

"I am just finishing up paper work" She stiffened slightly witch made Barsad tense.
Jay turned his attention to Barsad.

"Fiancé is it not?" He asked turning toward Barsad to shake his hand.

"Yes this is Thomas" Londyn lied.

Barsad shot Londyn a devious glare. Londyn bit her tongue that was not the name she gave Willy.
Jay eyes narrowed slightly uncomfortable.

"I thought-" Jay was interrupted as a bullet to his head went through him.

Barsad aimed and pulled the trigger not thinking twice.
Londyn began screaming covering her eyes.

"Stop wasting our time" Barsad yelled aiming the gun to the open door.

Barsad swiftly shoved the files into Londyn's bag.
Londyn was heaving clutching her stomach. Tears blurred her vision.

"That" Barsad pointed to the dead body in the doorway. "Is when you do not keep up" his accent flowed the room.
A looming figure now was in the door way. Bane stood there glaring at the scene. At the sight of Bane,Londyn began to shake. In fear.

"We have the files" Barsad informed Bane.

Bane gave his second in command a nod.

"Security is cleared" Bane spoke filling the room with his mechanic hum.

Barsad nodded and stepped over the body. he left the office gripping the bag.
Bane stared at the shaking girl. Such a delicate girl Bane thought.
Bane will enjoy breaking her. There as she stood gripping the desk Bane decided on extending her stay with him.
Bane stepped in more into the office of Londyn's. Bane took in a picture of Lodnyn with a older male. Bane rumbled and turned his gaze to the women.

"Come now" he turned and walked to the door way.

Londyn was a statue. Bane wondered if the women ever saw a dead body. The answer was clear to Bane. A small smile played on his lips.
Bane took three steps and leveled his gazed to Londyn.

"Do you not understand English?" He asked his eyebrows knitted in confusion.

Several minutes went by with no reply from Londyn. Bane now wondered if he was dealing with a disabled being.

"Yes I understand" Londyn spoke.

Bane eyes glistened as she clutched to herself.

"I did this" Londyn said her green eyes wide.

Bane gazed down at Londyn thoughtful.
"Those men found there peace" he told her.

Londyn blinked "They're dead" she stated.

Bane now became impatient.

"More will die if you do not cooperate".

Londyn jumped at Banes words. "You have the files" she tilted her head up toward the massive man. "You can let me free".

Bane leveled his gaze. Londyn lips almost brushed the mask that covered his own lips.

"You are never leaving my sight Miss. Jonas. You are now my asset"