Fear

Irreversible

Love?
A variety of feelings toward a being or possibly a place or even a item.
In Londyn's case her love was towards a being.
A being named Bane.
It was a personal attachment that caused a strong affection between the pair.
The fall.
It was uncontrollably, inevitable and irreversible.
It was reckless and plain dumb for the women to ever open up to such vulnerability.
Especially toward the mercenary.
Falling in love, even uttering a sight a love toward the man was indeed risky.
It would break Londyn in the end.
But Londyn was deep in the shadow of Bane's heart.
In the darkness both beating hearts formed into one. It would be unaware to the pair.
Soon the darkness will turn into twilight. As the inevitable would come.
As the stars shined bright in the sky that is when there found love and adoration would form.
Into one.
______________________________

During the dawn of the morning Bane whispered to Londyn that he will return to her. The girl response was a soft playful smile. Bane crept away from Londyn.
Hours later Londyn awoke and spotted a simple note on her bedside.
The note simply read:

"Be ready"

Londyn rubbed her eyelids and rolled over clutching her pillow tightly against her chest.
Be ready?
Londyn crawled out of bed and ushered herself into the tiled bathroom.
The shirt belonging to Bane drowned her in the massiveness of his being.
It torn Londyn to pull the shirt over her head. It smelt like the man and Londyn enjoyed pressing her nose inhaling the scent of Bane.
The simple gesture caused her heart to skip a sudden beat in her chest.
Londyn undress quickly and turned the faucet to the shower.
The water slashed against the white tile as Londyn stepped in.
She leaned into the cold water. She caught her breath allowing the rush of emotions to flow to her.
That is when Londyn began to cry silently as the cold water trickled down her bare body.
She cried for the man that she killed,for her family, for the madness that clouded Bane.
The last being she cried for was herself. Londyn could not comprehend the chaos that filled her life. Several months ago she was neurotic from the increase of crime that filled the city, but she was content in knowing she was at peace with herself.
Now, her memories will forever haunt her.
Londyn felt the need to control herself. Her face turned to absorb the chilling water. Londyn gasped suddenly awake and alert.

"I wont break"

She mumbled against the tile of the wall. Londyn nodded to herself and wondered if she was going mad.
Along with Bane.
Londyn washed herself in a hurry allowing herself to shuddered at the idea of Bane barging in.
Last night was enough. Even though Bane was a complete gentleman. That was odd to the women. For Bane could never be gentle.
Londyn realize with satisfaction that Bane was only gentle toward her. Was it because I was weak? She found herself wondering stepping out of the shower.
Londyn wrapped the white towel around herself.
Exiting the bathroom and entering the dorm. Londyn gathered her clothes and stepped into her undergarments.
Black jeans and a button up flannel was Londyn's choice of attire. Lacing up her black boots quickly. Londyn stepped back into the bathroom to brush her teeth and comb her hair.
Londyn gazed at her reflection and wondered if this was really her.
Or the protege of Bane.
Londyn chose to believe in both.
Londyn grew to become the soldier of Bane.
Londyn peered away from her reflection quickly. Avoiding herself.
Londyn trailed out of the bathroom and placed the knitted hat on top of her flowing hair.
Londyn left the dorm and skipped into the hallway.
She rounded the corner and leapt at the sight of a figure sitting on the couch.

"Gah" Londyn exclaimed widely.

Barsad sat patiently on the leather couch snacking in what seemed to be grape tomatoes.

"I am sorry if I startled you" Barsad said his voice light with amusement.

Londyn glowered at Barsad as she approached him near the sofa. "What is all of this?" She mused at the sight.

"I am here to keep you company" He informed her.

"Where's Bane?" She asked curiously.

"Away but we are needed shortly"

Londyn green eyes narrowed but sat down next to Barsad.
A small knock was heard and Londyn took notice of Barsad tensing.
Barsad glided toward the door and flung it open his hand drawing toward his gun.
Spencer White's face was suddenly white. Londyn wanted to laugh at the reference.

Spencer mouth opened and uttered his words nervously.

"We are needed"

Barsad relaxed instantly.
Londyn grasped her coat along the walk to the marble doors.

"Hi Spencer" She smiled as she pulled her coat on.

"Miss. Londyn" Spencer nodded his eyes averting to Barsad as he lurked next to the girl.

Barsad led the way toward the elevator.
As Spencer and Londyn walked beside each other Spencer leant down to whisper to the girl.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't there"

Londyn lips spread into a sad smile. "I clearly managed" She forced herself to express a laugh to make light of the situation.

Spencer in return smiled and escorted Londyn into the elevator while Barsad waited idly in the doorway.

Londyn could not help but notice the blood stains that once filled the walls and carpet had suddenly vanished.
It caused her abdomen to turn slightly at the thought.

"How are you feeling?" Barsad asked turning his gaze to Londyn.

"Fine" She said immediately.

Barsad eyes glisten seeing right threw the girl. "I hope all is well" Barsad murmured to Londyn. "Defending yourself should not be scolded"

Londyn agreed by nodding absorbing his words for comfort.
The light ding of the elevator caused the doors to open.
The duo stepped out of the elevator. Spencer and Barsad led Londyn protectively to the black tinted vehicle that was parked against the curb.

"Shotgun" Londyn called.

"I do not approve" Barsad told her
laughing.

"How about I drive?"

"No"

Londyn's face fell with disappointment.
So she sat beside Spencer as Barsad drove through the streets of Gothem City.

"Barsad is right" Spencer murmured causing Londyn's gaze to avert to the younger man. "You shouldn't feel any sort of guilt"

Another mans life was ended in order to save herself. Londyn felt terrible over the situation.
But she couldn't summon up any sort of guilt.

"I don't" She replied softly.

Londyn's gaze fell toward the tinted window.
She was left to her thoughts. The city was filled with the late afternoon of rush hour. Londyn gaze fell on the children that lurked the corners of the streets.
Sadness swept through her to view such a sight as children clung to there mothers as they hurriedly walked the streets.
The city was demean with crime.
A slight turn through the city cause Londyn to stare wonderingly.
The vehicle was approaching the city boarders that was off the bay.
Londyn gazed up at the bridge lurking above.
The vehicle slowed to a stop.

"A trailer?" She asked in wonder.

A low chuckle was heard from Barsad as he climbed out of the vehicle.
Londyn climbed out and met the pair of mercenary's at the grey door leading inside of the trailer.
Barsad stepped inside and motioned Londyn to follow suite.

"Hold on to something" Barsad mumbled as he pulled onto a latched.

The trailer seemed to be just a ordinary trailer. Inside held a desk, a computer, stack of cabinets.
Then suddenly the floor shifted.
Londyn caught her breath nervously as she griped the desk besides her.
The floor lowered to a different level.
Londyn was now underground.

"That is now a four megaton bomb"

Londyn froze hearing the words of a unfamiliar voice.
Instantly she quicken her pace as she walked.
Londyn stared at a blinking device then slowly gazed at Bane who sat against a mechanism of devices.
Londyn slowly stepped toward Bane puzzled.

"Bane" She whispered.

Bane noticed the girl by nodding his head in her direction.
Nothing more.

Londyn met the eyes of Doctor Pavel.
The fear was visible as the Doctor fumbled around.

"Pull the core out of the reactor" Bane ordered.

Londyn peered up at Bane questionably.
Bane refused to meet the girls gaze.

"No, you cannot this is the only power source capable of sustaining" Doctor Pavel urged panicked. "You move it the core will decay in a matter of months"

Londyn was completely frozen at Banes side.

"Five by my calculations" Bane contraption spoke as he heaved himself up "For the sake of your children indeed I hope it does"

Doctor Pavel seemed to be speaking in a different language.
Bane eyes glistens at the sight of the device that would liberate Gothem.

"It's a bomb" Londyn spoke slowly whispering against him.

"Indeed it is, Londyn" Bane replied calmly.

Londyn began to move away from Bane.
She ran away from the man.
Barsad came out of the shadows to grip her waist tightly.

"Let go of me" Londyn screamed thrashing her hands toward him.

"Calm yourself" Barsad spoke gently in her ear.

Bane slowly approach Londyn.
Bane twined there fingers together locking eyes with her.
Londyn heart raced in her chest.

"I will escort her to the arena" Bane calmly spoke to Barsad.

Barsad released his hold on Londyn. She stumbled toward Bane.
Bane eyes crinkled at the sides and led the girl away from the detonator.
The bomb.

Londyn held her tongue as they approached the level of floor. Bane pulled on the latched.
Bane still held her hand in his. Her hands were ever so smaller compared to his.
Bane silently balanced Londyn as the floors leveled above.
Londyn shook her hand away from Bane's grasp wincing.

Once outside the bay was visible to the pair.
Londyn stormed ahead then drastically twirled around to face Bane.

"How could you?" She screamed.

Bane stared silently at the girl as she fumed.

"Huh?" Londyn asked approaching Bane.

"I trusted you" Londyn slammed her palm against the tan leather jacket he wore. "I stood beside you"

Londyn began to pound her fist widely toward Bane.
Bane stood motionless as a statue.

Londyn felt terribly ill at the idea.
She grimaced lowering her gaze feeling her abdomen heave with sickness.

"I will not stand beside you" Londyn whispered widening her green eyes.

The tears were visible to Bane. "That is not a option. You will go nowhere" Bane calmly took her fist into his hands pulling her to his chest.

Londyn pulled away crossing her arms over her chest. She blinked away the tears. "How could you?" She whispered.

Bane met her stormy green orbs and he replied "You will embrace the liberation"

"No" Londyn shouted. "You can't do this"

"Oh" Bane rose a brow "But I can"

Londyn flared with anger. "The police and the government-"

"That is already taken care of" Bane assured her calmly.

Panicked she stepped toward Bane peering up "Don't you understand?" She whispered. "You aren't god"

"But of course I am" Bane replied lightly. "I am the league of shadows"

"When you fall I will not be there" Londyn jaw clenched. "I hope you fail"

Bane flashed with a sudden rage. He took the girls forearms and shook her violently. "But don't you understand? My butterfly?"

Londyn eyes widens at such a nickname.
The memory flowed to her as he once told her Bane would be the one to pluck her wings.
Londyn shuddered against him.

"You will stand by my side" Bane told her then his abnormal eyes flashed to her green orbs. "Until I see fit"

Londyn realize her life was becoming the darkness that flowed through the city.
Suddenly Londyn was the Darkness as well.

There was no escaping the reckoning.
♠ ♠ ♠
❤☺

Once again I am amazed by this story and how it's coming along.

This is when the good stuff happens ❤☺

Comment your thoughts ❤

I always appreciate the love and I adore all of the readers❤
Especially Hannah and Joan❤

I update soon✌☺