Fear

Clueless

"Uh.."

Londyn could not resist the urge to express a nervous squeal of laughter. In that moment her whole body tense, feeling light jitters go through her. Londyn's eyes narrowed.

"I don't know how to respond to that" Her brow furrowed concentrating.

Bane orbs were completely glued on the petite shivering girl in the icy water. His lips spread into a wide smile taking in her sudden rosy cheeks.
The girl expressed embarrassment?

"It was the drugs" Londyn exclaimed quickly. Then ever so slightly shrugged pleased with herself.

Bane's smile deepen into a grin. "I'm sure"

Londyn lips curved up in the corners. "Love? She laughed "Its a delusion"

Bane nodded. "Excellent"

Londyn lowered her gaze as her chest tighten. She bit down on her lower lip feeling almost disappointment.

Bane suddenly rose from where he sat.
Londyn cocked her head and opened her mouth to speak but was cut short.

Icy water drizzled down onto Londyn's bare skin.
Bane turned on the shower faucet to quicken the process.

"Holy hell" Londyn shot up almost collapsing instantly.

"It is only water"

Bane took hold of the girl and she scramble into his arms. Londyn squeezed Bane shoulder tightly as the water soaked her.

"It's so cold" Londyn chin chattered.

Bane rolled his abnormal eyes shaking his head. He placed his hand on Londyn's waist keeping her there.
Bane was sure Londyn would try to run cowardly away.

"Your getting soak" Londyn stated frowning.

"It is only water" Bane said mocking her.

Londyn squinted her eyelids. Londyn griped his sleeve to his black shirt and started pulling him forward.

Bane's brows furrowed"What are you do-"

"It's only water" Londyn wheezed laughing.

Bane was in the tub with Londyn, his back completely facing the shower head. Londyn grinned and leaned her head against the tile.

Bane eyes narrowed but smirked behind his mask. "Even when you are ill you seem to be amusing"

"I try"

Bane chest rumbled with laughter and stepped away from the beating of the water.
Londyn squealed as the freezing water drenched her.

"Oh c'mon" Londyn laughed "Im sick. Cut me some slack"

"Very well" Bane slowly turned the faucet and the water disappeared at the seems.

Londyn smiled grateful, she could now relax. Bane stepped out and reached behind him to easily take off his shirt.
The muscles moved with every action Bane made. Londyn cocked her head completely amazed at his body.
Londyn blinked to see Bane offering her his hand.

"Thanks" She muttered.

Bane took the girl in his arms and wrapped the nearest towel around herself. Londyn smiled leaning her face into his bare chest.

"Bane.." Londyn swallowed.

"Yes Londyn?" Bane asked patiently.

"Of course you know that I -"

The door flung open causing Londyn to actually leap into Bane arms.

"Sir is everything okay?" Barsad asked peeking his head in. A grin was visible on his handsome features.

Londyn glowered against Bane steading her heart beat.

"Of course" Bane contraption boomed in the small bathroom.

Barsad nodded and closed the door lightly behind him.

"You were saying?" Bane asked calmly patting the girl down with the towel.

Londyn eyes narrowed "Im just grateful". "Thank you for taking care of me"

Londyn slightly winced at the lame statement.
But she could never tell Bane the truth.
That Londyn actually found love for the man.
____________________________

Bane placed his left hand on Londyn forehead as she laid in the massive bed.

"Your fever has dropped" Bane smiled behind his contraption. "I am sure you will be well in the morning"

Londyn smiled gripping the necklace around her neck. "Oh thank goodness".

Bane hand lowered to rest on the golden compass. "A compass?"

"Yes" Londyn nodded shyly. "It brought my mother luck and it will bring me home" Londyn laughed "So it's believed"

Bane expressed a low chuckle. "Only you as a being can accomplish such a act".

Londyn gaze flashed to his curiously. "What do you mean by that?" She whispered.

"It will be extremely hard to leave Gothem" Bane stated.

Londyn seemed to forget about the outside world for a moment. She was wrapped up in her own little world with Bane. "Thank you for reminding me" Londyn said dryly.

"There is no escaping" Bane replied lightly. "Enjoy the time you have left"

"With you?" Londyn boldly asked.

The corner of Bane abnormal eyes crinkled "Possibly"

Londyn heart shuddered comprehending his words. "Lovely" she gazed away.

Bane lowered himself on the bed but felt small fragile hands raise against his shoulders.

"What are you doing?" Londyn asked "I'll get you sick"

Bane contraption expressed a laugh filling the silent room.
Bane ignored the girl, laying down beside her.

"That is unlikely, Butterfly"

Londyn lips spread up into a heartbreaking smile. "Butterfly?" She cocked a single brow.

"Oh it suites you" Bane mused. His expression coming dark.

"You need a pet name too" Londyn teased tapping her chin with a finger.

"Certainly not"

Londyn only laughed at her wittiness and laid beside him.
Londyn heart began to seize in her chest. It was as if everything was beginning to slow for a moment.
Londyn closed her eyelids and breathed deeply in.

"Get well" Bane voice gently spoke.

Londyn raise her lips in the darken room. But Bane was aware of the smile she held for him. As his eyes were adjusted to the dark. Her smile was glorious to Bane.

"Bane?" Londyn whispered.

"Yes?" Bane lowered his head as Londyn raised her gaze to stare into his abnormal eyes.

"You aren't completely oblivious are you?"

"Certainly not" Bane repeated.

______________________________

Silence ceased the darkened room. The only faint sound Bane was aware of was Londyn's beating heart as she laid beside him.
A light snore escaped her lips as she dreamt in her peaceful slumber.
Bane gaze forward but still held Londyn in his arms. He simply allowed the gesture only when the girl was oblivious to everything and anything.Bane cracked a smile at the thought of how clueless she could be.

Bane held some sort of knowledge of knowing the girl feelings toward him.
But Londyn would never be aware of his. Bane was devoted to the girl.

Londyn face was a open book. Bane could tell a lot from her expressions. He enjoyed reading her. Londyn, in that sense was a good read.

Bane resided the girl words to him.
Was his oblivious? No. But he did in fact shy away from his emotions especially the chaotic emotions Londyn expressed.

Bane could not comprehend her emotions or actions.
But that made the girl more fascinating to Bane.

Now, in the middle of the night Bane stayed awake completely haunted with on question that irked him:

How deep was Londyn's love?