Fear

Blackgate

Londyn was awoken as soon as the sun crept the morning sky.
Londyn was quietly ushered and pushed through out the morning. She quickly dressed into her winter attire. Since Barsad informed her of the weather.
Londyn stepped into the hallway, her boots echoing through the halls. She rounded the corner to find a patient Barsad.

"Black Gate?" She asked again for the
numerous time.

Barsad shoulders visibly slumped hearing the same question. "The suspense will kill you" he stated dryly.

Londyn grinned and simply raised her shoulders. "What business do we have at the prison?" She wondered more to herself.

Londyn brain racked back and froth processing. It just could not come to her.

Barsad led her out of the complex quietly. Footsteps echoed the halls. Londyn wondered where her merchant could be. Bane had not shown himself all morning. It was causing Londyn to become a tad bit anxious.

"Where is Bane?" Londyn found herself whispering to Barsad.

"Ah you will see" Barsad replied.

Londyn frown puzzled and gazed away. The elevator was occupied with Bane's men. Several men swarmed around the pair.
Londyn eased back against the hall gulping for air.
Her green orbs locked on Barsad who In return lowered his head.
The light sound of the elevator doors opening caused the flock of men to divide in two separate lanes.
Barsad led Londyn out of the elevator. As the pair stepped out the flock followed.
Londyn gazed back and met the gaze of Spencer , who kept his gaze forward.

How professional. Londyn thought sourly.

Londyn stepped into the cold whipping air. Barsad kept his space graceful ahead of Londyn.
Then the man abruptly averted to his left.
Londyn stumbled after Barsad around the complex opening her mouth to call after him but was cut short from the sight before her.
Londyn halted in her steps.

"Oh my god" Londyn blurted wide eyed.

Tanks.
But not just ordinary tanks.
These tanks were oddly familiar. In the sense the military vehicle belonged to the missing Bruce Wayne. Londyn cringed at the sight of the tank.

"Come" Barsad called over his shoulder.

Londyn limbs began to move slowly. Barsad climbed the steps and opened the latch climbing into the deadly vehicle.
Londyn peered at the tank sharply as she walked by the vehicle. There was four. Four of the tanks. This was horrifying.
Londyn stumbled forward grasping the ladder. She peered down into the open latch and saw a vacant seat.
Londyn swung her legs over and eased herself down. Londyn stumbled when her feet grasp the ground.
Arms shot out to catch her instantly. Londyn huffed and peered up thanking Barsad.
But instead met abnormal eyes.
A smile spread across Londyn's lips.

"Hello"

The arms around her waist tightened then swiftly released. Bane's eyes crinkled informing her that he was smiling.
Londyn beamed and lowered herself into the seat across from the mercenary.
Bane hands swiftly caressed Londyn neck. The touch sent electric shots down the girls spine. Londyn bit down resisting the urge to smile.
Bane brows furrowed as he took the straps over the girls shoulders buckling her in safely.
The gesture caused Londyn throat to tighten and instead of butterfly's she felt hornets.

For the nest was now in her abdomen.

Bane eyes locked on Londyn's as he eased back into his own chair.
Londyn lips formed a smile

"Nice ride"

Bane cocked his head and marveled at the petite girl rocking in her seat.

"I wonder why your interested in Black Gate" Londyn sighed.

"Think hard"

Londyn met Bane's abnormal eyes and saw the amusement in his ocean eyes.

"The prison.."

Londyn trailed off with her thoughts.
Black Gate. Prison.
Inmates.
Psychopaths.
But it was no Arkham . .

Londyn completely froze. Her mouth agape.

"You're not serious are you?" She whispered.

Bane shifted his gaze to Barsad driving the tank. Barsad expression was smooth as he grip his seat.

"I am more than serious"

"Bane" Londyn snapped. "There criminals. The worst men the world has ever seen" Londyn trailed off cringing at the thought.

"You" Bane spoke slowly for the girl to comprehend "Of all people should hold no fear"

Londyn leaned forward sending the straps bulging. "What about the innocent people?"

Bane glowered down at the girl. "Naive" he spat. "You have no intelligence of comprehending the filth that lurks in Gothem"

"And you want to set the most filthiest animals free?"

Londyn had him.
So she thought.

"The beginning is near" Bane replied.

"I have a good sense in knowing the corrupt" Londyn murmured weakly. "I know good" She met his eyes purposely "And I defiantly know the bad"

Bane eyes sparkled with glee. "Do you?"

"You are the darkness" Londyn whispered.

"And you are the light" Bane replied.

Londyn clasped her hands together shoving her head in her palms in defeat.
Londyn was just so tired.

The tank halted to a stop causing Londyn to bolt to her left whacking her legs against the steel appliance.
Bane stood peering down as the girl stumbled to release herself from the seat. Bane attempted to roll his eyes but halted as he saw the girls body began to shake.

Not again. Bane pleaded.

"Londyn" Bane lowered grasping the belt and releasing the girl.

Londyn stumbled right into his waiting arms. Bane griped her tiny waist and felt her body tremble.
Londyn wrapped her arms around Bane shoulders.

"I beg you" Londyn whispered into his tan leather jacket.

"Butterfly" Bane hushed into the girls ear. "Fear nothing"

Londyn arms griped nothing for Bane stood. Bane's head motioned to Barsad who ushered his body out of the tank.
Londyn eyes began to water with the tears. The tears of failure.
She had failed her self.

Bane nodded locking his eyes on Londyn green teary orbs. His chest tighten but shook his body releasing the pain to see the girl express sadness.

Then Bane disappeared from the tank leaving Londyn alone.

Bane stood onto top of tank in a gracious stance.
Right behind him was the prison.
Black gate.
Cameras now zeroed in on Bane standing.

"Behind you stands a symbol of repression.." Bane spoke with such charismatic

Londyn sat motionless hearing every word Bane spoke. She raised her head and gazed up at the man.

"Black gate prison where thousand men languish of this man" Bane began.

Then pulled out a thick picture of a man. The picture had been folded and unfolded many, many times. It was seen in the creases of the picture.

"Harvey dent"

Londyn froze even at the mention of the fallen hero.
So Gothem claimed.

"Who has been held up to you as the priming example of justice" Bane calmly said

"You been supplied with a false idol" Bane informed all the citizen looking directly into the camera then swiftly ripped the picture right down the middle.

The gasp lingered into the tank where Londyn sat frozen.

"Let me tell you the truth about Harvey Dent from the words of Gothem police commissioner James Gordan" Bane now read from a folded piece of paper.

Londyn allowed herself to grasp the flowing of Bane's words to Gothem.

"The Batman didn't murder Harvey dent he saved my boy. Then took blame for Harvey appalling crimes so to my shame build a lie around this fallen idol. I praised the madman who tried to murder my own child. Well I can no longer live with my lie. It is time to trust the Gothem with the truth and it is time for me to resign"

Londyn heart sank to the floor. She exhaled gripping the seat and started to take shallow breaths.

"And do you except this man resignation?" The contraption of Bane's mask bellowed

Then everything based on the Dent act was a lie. Londyn closed her eyes processing the actual truth.
Her job was a lie.

"We take Gothem from the corrupt"

The tank missal aimed straight toward the building. Londyn caught sight of the swift motion from the tank that lingered oppositely from there own.

"The rich" Bane shouted confidently "The oppressors of generations who have kept you down with myths of opportunity and we give it back to you the people" he nodded gazing absently toward the cameras that were infront of him.

"None shall interfere. Do as you please"

A explosion from the missal caused the bolted doors of black gate to explode. Londyn eyes widen and she lurched from her seat gaping at the sight.

Then a door opened revealing Barsad. Londyn jumped clamping her hand over her mouth to keep from screaming.
Barsad head turned toward her and he took in Londyn trembles.

"But start by storming Blackgate and freeing the oppressed"

Chaos overflowed the streets of Gothem.

"Step forward, those who would serve for an army will be raised. The powerful will be ripped from their dependent nests and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure" Bane chest filled with accomplishment.

"Courts will be convened. Spoiled will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed"

On cue the prisoners fled the gates gripping a automatic weapon. Londyn scrambled back in her seat.

"The police will survive as they learn to serve true justice. This great city it will endure"

"Gothem will survive" Bane falsely promised.

Bane graced his presence once more to Londyn. The sudden sight of Bane caused Londyn to flinched then shake.
With fear.

"Another attack?" Barsad murmured.

"Possibly" Bane nodded sharply.

Bane lowered himself and took the girls in his arms as the tank began to move again.
Londyn scrambled against Bane but he held her tighter.
Bane sat and rocked the hysterical girl in his arms.

"Bane" Londyn began.

Bane hushed her and he felt the girl shoulders slightly relax from the tension.
Bane patted the girls shoulder in a effort to comfort her.

"Oh" Londyn yelled unexpectedly being released from Banes grasp.

"That's why you wanted me" Londyn exclaimed with a raised finger.

"The files" Her eyes widen.

"Breathe" Bane told her calmly raising.

"I helped you.." Londyn's voice cracked.

"I .." Londyn clutched her chest and peered up at Bane.

"But Bane.." Londyn gripped his jacket inching toward him on the heel of her boot.

"You're going to.." Londyn eyes narrowed into his worried gaze. "To leave me"
And then that is when Londyn began to cry.
___________________________

"We're going to die"

Londyn spoke directly into Bane's shoulder as he carried her through the doors of the elevators.

"Judgement will be endured" Bane automatically repeated.

"I don't want you to die" Londyn grip became tighter.

If Bane didn't have a heart now.
It seemed his beating heart swelled up with adornment.

"You put myself in front of your own being" Bane stated dazedly.

"I would always" Londyn hysterically promised.

Bane lips twitched averting his gaze to meet Barsad calm features.

"You are to pure for this city"

"One being in thousands that lurk around" Barsad dryly said.

"But we have her" Bane replied.

I have her. Bane allowed himself to comprehend the thought.

Bane carried the girl into the open complex building.
Londyn peered back suddenly.
Bane halted surprised and motioned Barsad to go on.

"Bane" Londyn whispered.

"Londyn" Bane replied back.

"I had given up on trying to convince you to leave Gothem" Londyn met his gaze. "Or for you to leave your plan. Or so called destiny"

Bane lips twitched but found the girl had more words for him.

"You have a destiny" Londyn couldn't resist the urge to force the sarcasm.

"You seem better" Bane smiled.

"Yes kinda" Londyn nodded impatiently. "Please allow me to finish"

Bane pressed his lips together and lowered his head into a nod.
The girl was still placed in his arms. Londyn legs grips Bane waist urgently.

"What if I had a destiny of my own?" Londyn whispered.

"All beings form some sort of proclaimed destiny" Bane replied.

Londyn face fell then sighed shaking her head.

"But humor me" Bane offered "What is your destiny?"

Londyn beamed toward him. Her mouth leaned to marvel at her own claim.

"I know my destiny" She whispered locking eyes with Bane.

"My destiny is you" Londyn lips formed a dazzling smile. "Bane,you are my destiny. Can't you see?"
__________________

During the night Bane escaped the grips of Londyn as she slept.
But as she grip the fabric of the sheets. Londyn nightmare awoken her gasping for air.
She was alone.
Londyn frowned deeply and quickly crawled out of bed in search for Bane.
Londyn hair flowed down her back in her flannel pajamas.
The room that held the gym mechanics was in no use. Londyn, again frowned.
Londyn left the dorm in a rush. Rounding the corner she halted, her eyes narrowing at the sight of the open door.

Londyn inched toward the door carefully taking in her surroundings.
No presence was sighted against the doorway. Londyn heart beat frantically in her chest.

"Bane-" Londyn called.

But was cut sort as a hand collided into Londyn's throat. Her body meeting the marble wall.

"Who are you?"

Londyn gasped flailing her arms toward the man.
Then her eyes met his.
Londyn began to scream scrambling out of the mans grasp.
His grasp only tighten around her throat sending her vocals to a halt.

Glasses brimmed the mans nose. As his eyes were a beautiful shade of blue.

(But why should that matter when Londyn could enjoy the sight of blue and green?)

The man was handsome. Black hair and blue marvelous orbs. His lips were smooth and round.
Londyn watched as his lips formed a devilish smile.

"What are your nightmares?" He asked.

"What are your fears?"

"Allow me to diagnosis you"

The man in the suite began to release Londyn only to put on a brown sack.
Turning into the scarecrow.
He raised the canister right into Londyn's wide orbs.

"Crane"

The voice belonged to either one.
The canister vanished from Jonathan Crane palm. As he hand was twisted then pulled into the wall.

"Harm her and I will not hesitate in breaking you"

Bane informed Crane calmly.
Londyn was placed behind Bane.

"I didn't get the memo" Crane grinned as his face met the wall once more.

Londyn folded her arms and shook with such fear at the man.

"Jonathan Crane?" Londyn whispered into the broad back of Bane's.

"Arkham Asylum was saved" Crane cheered.

"But he's insane"

Bane released Jonathan causing the man to stumble.

Londyn ranked her thoughts. As she glowered at the idea of all the dangerous loonies lurking around. Especially around her.

Bane hand griped Londyn's lurking in front of her in a protective stance.
Jonathan beamed at the pair then ever so slightly inched his head to meet the girls fearful gaze.

"If my diagnosis is correct" Jonathan spoke directly to the girl.

Another devilish smiles crossed his handsome features.
Londyn watched as his lips formed the sentence of :

"I am clinically insane"
♠ ♠ ♠
:O

I pray and hope you all love this chapter as much as I do❤

I hope that I wrote exceptionaly well for this scene. ☺

Tell me your thoughts my lovelys❤☺ thank you for reading