Fear

Clever

Once, a very long time ago Londyn Jonas was deeply and uncontrollably in love.
The boy, Derek Michael caused Londyn to lay awake at night just to count each star above her.
Derek was two years older than Londyn. The slight age difference cause a frenzy of madness to lurk in the eighteen year old thoughts.
When she graduated high school in the city of Chicago Londyn decided to move away with Derek.
And follow his dreams instead of her own.

A late Wednesday afternoon and Londyn met Derek at a local coffee shop. This is where she would tell him that she loved him and would follow him. Anywhere.
When she had arrived she quickly noticed the pacing Derek. Also, that he had not arranged a table to be eaten at.
Londyn chose to banish her worries and smile and kiss Derek lightly on the lips.

"I have news" Londyn sighed happily.

"I do too" Derek said
. She again noticed his tone toward her.
It was closed off.

"Is everything okay? Derek?" She whispered.

"I just want to talk" Derek murmured


Londyn nodded and allowed Derek to grasp her hands in his.

Londyn you're such a terrific-" Derek began.

"I am in love with you" Londyn impulsively blurted.


Londyn would always remember how off balanced Derek seemed in that moment. And she would always feel some sort of trauma as he locked eyes with her.

"Okay" And Derek seemed completely untouched. "This isn't going to work

Londyn remembers being devastated for weeks. Always replaying the memories that lingered in her thoughts.
Until one day her mother crept into her room as Londyn cried into her pillowcase for the seventh time that day.

"Daily quote" Jessica whispered.

This antic had been a tradition between the mother and daughter since Londyn was only five years old. Each morning Jessica would tell her of a quote. A random quote by a author or poet or even a celebrity.

This quote was from Andrea Gibson.

Jessica lightly pressed her lips to Londyn's temple and whispered "When your heart is broken you plant seeds in the cracks and you pray for rain

Now, fast forward to seven years and twenty eight days later.
Londyn found love once more. With a man that was incapable of loving or comprehending such a act.

Now, Londyn prayed for the rain for the cracks shifting down her heart.

"Okay?" Londyn whispered.

She raised her head and met his patient, perplex eyes.

"You don't love me. Don't you?"

Bane sat there and his steady gaze caused a intimidation to lurk around Londyn.
He rose his brows at such a question.

"What makes you think I could love at all?"

A rhetorical question, Bane watched predatorily as Londyn laid there comprehending his words.
A slow smile spread across his lips.

Londyn closed her lids tightly as her eyes watered up with the weak tears trying to escape.

"I love you" Londyn whispered. She forced herself to imagine him not there. "I.. I never wanted to fall but I did. Every day. Every single day spent with you. I fell and every time it was for you. I don't regret falling in love with you Bane"

"I do enjoy falling"

Dazed, Londyn revealed her green eyes. Bane rose from his chair and slowly strided toward the door.

The contraption spoke softly as he faced the door but glanced back at Londyn as she gripped the covers around her.

"Even for a irrational child"

___________________________________

Londyn wanted to die.

Her feelings were erupting and she wanted to die.

Of embarrassment.
Of self loath.
Of knowing deep down inside that mans cold soul was hope.

But mostly embarrassment.

Londyn stood against the tile and gazed down at the streaming water. She was allowed to shower. Only if her bandages would not get wet or damage.
She was aware of the pacing figure outside.
Londyn winced as she lowered her head under the stream.

"Are you in pain?"

His voice startling her. "Ah"

Londyn skidded against the wet tile. She whacked her rear against the hard tile.

His alarmed footsteps came forward. Londyn gasped as the thin shower curtain revealed the outline of her naked body.

"Bane" She shouted. "I am naked"

Bane opted into ignoring the girl. He pulled back the curtain and met her eyes.

"Are you in pain?" Bane repeated slowly.

"You're a pain" Londyn wailed trying to cover up.

"Answer me" Bane demanded.

"No" Londyn glared.

Bane shoulders seemed to relax and he lowered himself to pull at her fingers. Londyn caught her breath and locked gazes with him.

Bane took hold of her wrist, pulling her forward into his arms.

"I'm naked" Londyn cried. "Put me down"

"I am aware that you are indeed naked" Bane replied calmly stepping into their bedroom. "Nonetheless you will not be showering any time soon"

"That's highly unclean" Londyn commented quickly.

"I will not have you hitting your head in the shower and falling to your death" Bane briskly said.

Bane turned around and rummaged through the closet. He grasped a black long sleeve and threw it over his shoulder. Londyn caught it and glanced to see it was his clothing.
She pulled the shirt over her head and quickly as Bane back was turned stepped into her undergarments.

Bane slowly turned to witness the girl crawling into bed.

Londyn laid there in the mass of the pillows and blankets. She smiled at him and Bane stepped forward leaning on the railing to the bed.

"What is it?" Bane wondered.

"I know" Londyn marveled.

"Care to elaborate?" Bane rose a divide brow.

"I know you care for me. You show it daily" Londyn whispered intently.

"Ah" Bane said with a nod. "Excellent observation"

"No, it's not a observation. It's clearly facts" Londyn spoke as a smile spread across her lips.

"You are rather bold" Bane said sharply.

"I have been known to be" Londyn agreed.

Bane chest rumbled and he smiled as did his eyes. "Clever".

"I am known to be that too" Londyn chirped.

And Bane couldn't help but express a chuckle as his clever, bold girl laid in his shirt and so his bed.

his girl
__________________________________

The girl now held nightmares in her slumber. Bane laid awake to count each whimper that escaped her lips.

The girl would twitch and her small fingers would cling to the hem of his shirt, her head digging into his shoulder blade.

And Bane would count each one.
And each time he would think of the person who damage the girl. The person who caused the whimpers and cries in her precious slumber.

Bane would think of the clown.

Each time he would feel fury and rage knowing the psychopath was still breathing and causing ruckus in his life.

And plan.

Bane looked forward to inflict pain to the Joker.
Each whimper that escaped Londyn's mouth as she slept beside him would be the number of times Bane would inflict some sort of pain to the clown.

So, Bane counted.

And he would feel the rage inside him.

Until her small hands would travel to his own. And her head would rise as she would awake from her nightmarish slumber.

"Bane"

Her voice held some sort of hysteria.

"I'm here"

And that would bring back the slumber. Bane hope it would bring some sort of peace as she slept.

It did.

As she slept he would marvel at the sound of her breath exhaling onto his neck. It would bring him to a place where he felt content.

And the rage would disappear.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm literally crying as I write this. This chapter got the best of me.

I hope you love it.

Thoughts? ❤