Fear

This is the end

Londyn Jonas writhed and seethed against Barsad as he climbed the steps of her shared room. His hold on her is unbreakable and Barsad can feel her light sobs through their touch. Barsad kicks open the door and trying not to harm the girl, he pushes her away.

"You must stay calm"

Londyn twirls around and her hand is clench. Her lips are quivering and the Mercenary knows this women is about to cry.

"I need-" Londyn takes a step forward. Barsad moves his body in order to block the door. "Bane" Londyn cries.

Barsad lowers his head. He cannot look this women in the eye as she cries for the forcer of Gothem. Barsad gives Londyn privacy.

"Why"

Londyn begins to repeat the word and her clench fist turns white around her knuckles. Barsad grimaces slightly and moves closer to Londyn.

"Relax and stay calm"

"He left me" Londyn yells and her stormy green eyes are wide.

Barsad furrows his brow at Londyn. "Bane-"

"I need to get to him" Londyn says lurching forward. Barsad blocks her by pushing against her shoulders.

"Bane needs you to stay calm" Barsad murmurs. "You are not going to him"

Londyn shakes her head and her cry is unbrearable- Barsad defines her cry as if a small child was crying. A screeching cry that left the person frowning to hear.

It was heartbreaking.

"But Barsad" Londyn sniffles and meets his gaze. Her hands find their way to clutch at his vest and Londyn forcibly peers into Barsad's blue eyes. "I love him"

Stunned, with the open flawed affection, Barsad meets her gaze. He can see the tears already forming.
Londyn knows of his answer.

"I cannot"

Londyn holds loosened and suddenly her body lowers on to the cold ground of city hall. Barsad lowers his gaze as the beautiful girl cries for the absolute destructor of Gothem.

Barsad simply without words comforts Londyn by gently patting her back. She shakes against his touch and her sobs seem to be silent.

Londyn hand unclenches and with amazement the red string comes undone.
___________________________________

Londyn slumber is filled with nightmares of Bane. Loosing him and her never finding him causes the girl to cry during her slumber.
Springing forward, Londyn gasped as she is awaken.

A chair is at the end of the cot and a dark figure resides, watching with hands clasp forward. "Bane"

Londyn scrambles toward him and he welcomes the girl in his arms instantly. Bane holds her close to him and furrows his head to her shoulder.
Londyn sighs and pulls away. Bane witnesses her smile and her tired eyes.
Silently he whips a fallen strand of hair away from her face. Finally, he speaks.

"You have slept through the day" Bane informs. The twilight of the sky seeps through the curtains of their room. Londyn absently turns her gaze to the window.

"Why did you leave me?" She wonders turning her gaze.

Bane meets her gaze with surreal calmness. "I had to attend-"

"You left me" Londyn whispers to him.

"I did" Bane nods agreeing. "It brought me great anxiety"

Londyn puckers her brow and instead she buried her face in his chest. "Please, for the love of all that is holy don't ever leave"

Bane stares ahead and at his side, his hand twitches slightly. Londyn sighs and chooses to ignore his silence in order to regain control again.

"I don't want to go back to the court" Londyn mumbles. Reluctantly, Bane pats her back soothingly.

"You're not" Bane answers.

Londyn purses her lips and her gaze narrows. "I'm not?" She wonders. "Where are we going?"

"To meet Spencer" Bane answers.

"Oh, okay" Londyn says crawling off his lap.

Bane watches her, taking in her pure happiness and for the moment he is captured by her. Bane slowly sighs and tries to seek contentment in witnessing her bounce around to change.

Londyn shyly changes with her back towards him. She does not bother to check if his gaze is locked on her half naked body.
She twirls around once she is dressed and Bane gazes at her, his orbs are calm bringing a smile to her face.

"Let's go" Londyn waves.

"I am curious" Bane contraptions hisses. "Vermont is it?"

Londyn blinks bringing the memory of the night she jumped into the water back to life. She smiles. "Yes" she nods.

Bane eyes crinkles at his sides informing her of his smile, he lifts himself and walks toward her. Londyn peers up and locks gazes with him. A slow sigh escapes her lips.

"Miranda?" She asks as he opens the door. "Or Talia? Everything go okay with her?"

Completely amused by her mock curiousness, Bane nods. "It went accordingly to plan"

"Awesome" Londyn says as her legs trails down the stair case. Bane glances at her and a full smile spreads across his lips.

Bane wonders suddenly of Londyn's reaction if she was aware of the threat, Talia, of being right in the lobby in the hall. Bane muses for a moment to think of the two women interacting.
Londyn's jealousy was innocent toward Talia, where the girl, who was born in the pit jealously was ruthless. Breaking away from his thoughts he approaches Barsad at the doors.

Barsad nods speaking no words to Bane. Until Londyn brushes along then his hand seem to find hers. Londyn glances and what she meets is sad eyes.

"Londyn" Barsad whispers only her name.

Londyn smiles at him and squeezed his hand. There is something about his soft expression that causes her to frown-

Bane takes hold of her and leads her out of the double doors. The pair walk along the steps of Gothem City Hall. A vehicle is waiting idly on the curb and Londyn notices of a absent driver, she glances at Bane.
He leads her toward the car and waits patiently for her to strap in. Bane steps in the tinted SUV and starts the ignition.

"Is Spencer alright?" Londyn asks with worry as Bane drives.

"Spencer is" Bane assures. The pure affection toward others, this girl is pure. Bane peers at her.

There is a smile on her lovely face as she leans in to the seat of the vehicle. Silence eludes the pair for a moment.
No words are spoken but their sly glances for each other causes one to smile.

Londyn smiles but is aware of the weary expression of Bane and his reluctant attitude. "Are you alright?" Londyn asks tilting her head toward him.

Bane sighs and the vehicle coasts to a stop. Londyn leans forward as her gaze falls to witness the icy water ahead.

A second vehicle awaits for the pair and Londyn quickly grows anxious to see of no Spencer being around.
The bridge of Gothem looms over the vehicle.

"Bane.." Londyn whispers snapping her gaze toward him. But, he is already pulling the key out of the ignition. Bane steps out leaving Londyn to follow after him.

Londyn walks around the SUV and the pair meet. "What's going on?" She ask. "Where is Spencer?"

"Spencer is rounding up the things" Bane infroms.

"Tell me what is going on" Londyn demands. Bane eyes flickers to her for a moment then away. "Dammit Bane" she curses.

Bane averts his gaze but is aware of the fuming Londyn in front of him.

Bane tenses and meets her glaring gaze. The contraption informs of the inedible. "This is goodbye"

She crosses her arms and the rough wind rips her hair. "What?" She dumbfounded asks.

"This" His abnormal eyes narrows. "This is goodbye"

"We- I'm not going anywhere. Not without you" Londyn refuses stubbornly.

Bane glares at the girl. He wants to shake her and force some knowledge in her. "You will"

"No, Bane, I won't"

Bane clenches his jaw and the glint in his eyes turns a darker shade. "I will not have you burn"

Londyn absorbs his words and opens her mouth. "Bane. Just think of-"

"I have. I thought about you, only you. Don't you see?" He asks calmly.

Her chin trembles and Londyn whips her eyes. Drawing a tear away she shakes her head. Bane gaze turns soft under his contraption.

He takes a single step and Bane is lurking over her. Tears are visible in her eyes and it pains him. A sharp knife seems to carve through his heart at the sight.

Bane cups her face with his murderous hands and peers everywhere- taking in her sight. "I have found complete love for you"

Londyn limbs wobble and the lack of breathing causes her eyelids to flutter. Bane grip only tightens and his thumb grows patterns against her chin.

He leans forward and rest his mouth piece onto her forehead. His cool breath lingers against her temple and Londyn only finds the need to cry.

"This is the end of our journey Miss Jonas"

The second door to the vehicle opens on cue and Spencer approaches the pair calmly.
Londyn takes in his attire and withers in to Bane. "What are you doing?" Londyn screams.

Spencer wears a camouflage attire- presuming to be a government official and he slowly opens the trunk.
Londyn screams echo against the bridge as she witness the body bags stacked against the trunk.

Spencer drops a thick bag to the ground and pulls out a syringe.

"The substance will lower your heartbeat" Bane voice lowers to her ear. "Momentarily you will be dead"

Londyn sobs against him and twirls around to face him. She springs forward on her toes and places her hand on his unexposed cheek. "I am not leaving you"

Bane ignores the plea within him to allow the girl to stay. His selfish ways are trying to bargain within. "I am doing this for us" Bane softly says as his contraption speaks. "You will be thanking me"

"Bane you're going to die" Londyn screamed and her fist seemed to collide to his chest. "Think of me! Do you know how much it will hurt me" she swings at him once more but he calmly takes hold her her.

"You will move on" Bane says with a tight smile. "I have a request though"

Londyn shakes her head but he ignores her. "Don't go in the attic and I want you-" Bane averts his gaze and a sigh breaks through. "I want you to think of me often"

"No" Londyn yells sobbing. "I am always going to think of you. I love you" and her hands bang on his chest. "Please. Please. Please. Don't do this to me" she begs.

"I cannot let you die" Bane murmurs and his head lowers. "See this as it really is" he breathes.

Bane pulls her toward him and his arm tightens around her slender waist. Londyn pushes against him crying. "Please" she sobs in to him.

"I wish you brightness as you are already mine. Goodbye Londyn Jonas" Bane arms tighten and he closes his eyes. "My butterfly"

Bane meets Spencer's torn gaze and singly nods.

"Bane" Londyn gasps meeting his gaze. The tears had caused her eyes to be puffy but she's still stunningly beautiful. "Please, I beg you. I will always love -"

The needle plunges in her neck and she lets out a startled scream but the eyes in her lids roll back and the substance takes its course.
Her mouth hangs agape and her body grows rigid. Bane places his hand on her chest and feels the slowing of her heart.

Bane lifts her up and places her in the body bag. His eyes grow wide witnessing her limp body being placed in one. He keeps reminding himself of her possibility.

Spencer silently watches as Bane lowers himself to wrap the girl in foil.
Bane whispers something to her temporarily dead corpse.

Bane heaves himself to a stance. He hands the non-solider a badge. "Bring this to the head guard and a helicopter will be waiting. Place Londyn second to last in line. The military is escorting the body's of the soldiers back to their family" Bane says. "If Londyn is caught you will defend her with your life" Bane orders.

"The injection will wear off in five hours. Londyn will awake and you will take her to the location" Spencer nods eagerly as this was gone over more than once. "Look after her"

"I will sir"

Bane nods as his eyes grow wide and steps around the boy. Spencer places the bag as where he was told and hesitantly peers at Bane.

"Go" Bane snaps as he makes his way to his own vehicle. Spencer nods and get in the SUV.

Bane slides in the drivers seat. The door stays open and he places his hand on his head.

Furious, he stumbles out of the vehicle. Bane watches the tinted windows roll away and realizes Londyn is not with him.

Londyn

Bane grunts and his mask hisses expressing a scream. His arm raises and he dents the vehicle panel with the impact of his touch.

His thoughts are swirling with her being and regrets make his blood boil and his fist keeps impacting the vehicle as he screams.

Bane should have never held back in loving Londyn.

Bane stops and he slowly lowers himself to the pebble ground.
He thinks of Londyn and their shared memories.

Bane is not aware of the tear rolling out of his eye socket as he thinks of her.
Suddenly he is conscious with a heavy regret:

This is the end.
________________________________

Heavy hands pull her out as the body bag unzips leaving her gasping for air.

She is laid out on a dirt secluded road and her heart beat slowly but assuringly thumps against her chest.

"You made it"

"Where am I?" Londyn meets Spencer gaze stunned. Spencer glances and the expression on his face is somber.

"Montpelier, Vermont"
♠ ♠ ♠
Londyn Jonas