Fear

The Prolouge

Six months had passed in a blur. It was excruciating to know he was never coming back. He was dead.
Londyn seemed to dwell on that day and night. She laid in bed staring absently at the peeling wallpaper. Londyn was conscious of the footsteps lingering by her bedside.

"Go" Her voice horse.

"You need to eat"

Silence always caused him to leave with a sigh. Spencer White left the plate of food on the counter. His gaze lingering on the pile of untouched food. He had expected it, Londyn being depressed. Angry.

Londyn stayed in the same spot until the sun disappeared from the sky. She always wanted to see the stars. She wrapped herself in a blanket and left the room. She passed by Spencer's room and viewed him sleeping. She stepped out into the summer chilly air. The porches held a swing and Londyn would of loved it if it didn't remind her of what was missing.

Londyn throat swelled at the thought. He had broken, shattered her in a million pieces. And it was okay, she loved him.
Bane loved her.

Londyn rocked closing her eye seeking memories of him.

The night held silence and peace.

Bane had failed in Gothem, the city didn't burn nor did it ride with any sort of destiny. The batman had saved the city. Bruce Wayne, Londyn gazed ahead rocking. She felt numb.

Londyn took a shaky breathe and stood. The house she lived in, her and her husband Dorrance. Londyn had scoffed at the term husband.

Bane had pulled this together. Bought a house in the town she always wanted, opened a bank account in her name which held half a million dollars,and also killed her stuffing her in a body bag. It took Londyn months to realize Bane had protected her, he went to the ends of the earth to protect her.

Londyn wanted to protect him. Who protected him?

Londyn slowly stepped inside and turned toward the kitchen. She stared sharply at the door. It was the door that led to the attic. A lock eased the knob. Londyn dropped the blanket and swiftly picked up a kitchen device. She approached the door, raising the heavy object and simply colliding it to the lock. Once the lock was broken Londyn realized it was a toaster oven. Delicately, she placed the broken oven down.

Londyn opened the door and found a light switch on the wall. She stepped in and peered up the stairs.
She took one at a time taking small breathes.

She met a hardwood floor. She lifted her gaze and stared blankly at boxes.
Londyn dropped to her knees and opened one.

Novels, books, dictionary's, maps. Londyn gaze narrowed, her brow furrowed.

She crawled to another. It revealed clothing. Londyn eyes widen to actually find his clothes. Tears leaked effortlessly out of her eyes. With shaky limbs, she found all of the boxes to be Banes.
Londyn stood there laying against the floor. Her eyes darting the entire room. Her gaze landing on a box in the right corner.

Londyn crawled curious to know what was in this box. She opened it peering down immediately. His canisters. Londyn picked one up staring blankly at it.

"Why?" She whispered

Bane entire belongings were in this room. He had instructed for her not to go into the attic. Londyn pondered it for a moment. She held the canister tightly in her grasp.

She shook her head banishing away her thoughts. She was so tired. Londyn wanted her bed. She left the boxes and descended the stairs.

Spencer stood in the kitchen peering at her sharply. Londyn handed him the canister as she passed. "Sorry about the toaster oven".

Londyn went to bed and finally didn't cry. She didn't have anymore tears to shed.

Londyn was entirely numb.
_______________________________

Spencer caught Londyn darting to the door one afternoon. A scarf wrapped around her neck loosely.

"Where are you going?" Spencer asked crossing his arms.

Londyn rolled her eyes. "Into town. I want to explore" she revealed.

Spencer expression was soft. "Okay. I can come".

"You don't have to. It's going to be extra boring" she told him smiling.

Spencer lips pulled down. "No one is planning to kill me in this town" Londyn reminded quietly.

Spencer grimaced from her words. "Have fun" he waved. Londyn stepped out and was greeted by the sunlight. Her skin prickling against the heat.

Her home looked stunning in the sunlight. It was white with a blue door. It was everything Londyn wanted and more.

Londyn caught sight of children playing down the street and smiled. She began to walk aimlessly. She rounded a corner and found shops and restaurants. Londyn peered at a antique shop and marveled at its beauty. She stepped in hearing a light bell.

Londyn smiled politely at the women behind the counter. She walked aimlessly and noted a man coming in as well. His leather jacket brought goose bumps on her skin.

He peered directly at her and turned his gaze away.
Londyn turned and began to walk to the back finding homemade candles. She picked one up and smelled cherries. Her lips raised placing it back down.

She turned and found the chest of a man. Londyn stumbled slightly. She peered up at him blankly. "I would of guessed you were a blueberry girl" The mans voice soft. Refereeing to the candles Londyn gazed back. She smiled at the man and noted he was handsome.

"I like the smell of cherries" she grasped a candle and stepped around him. The man smiled broadly at her.

Her stomach was flip flopped to take in the man features. Londyn gazed back accusingly. The man met her gaze just as intent.

"Is that all?"

Londyn snapped her gaze to the women behind the counter. "Yes" she nodded. She handed the women a bill and waited for the change.

Londyn stepped away with her purchase and met the gaze of the man. Londyn gazed at his plumped lips and shook her head. "You seem familiar" she said nervously.

His lips raised. "Do I? I don't believe we met" Londyn noted his voice holding a slight accent.

Londyn sighed shaking her head. "We didn't.." She peered at him sideways.

The man expression hardened slightly peering at the girl as she peered away.

Londyn raised her shoulders, she sighed. "Have a goodnight" she stepped around him. She peered aimlessly and gazed down at boots.

She smirked, she defiantly had a type. She flickered her gaze and processed the scar on his neck. Several little scars. Londyn frowned deeply.

She left the store feeling breathless. She walked swiftly controlling her emotions. She seen him everywhere.

Londyn stopped at a crosswalk and peeked behind. The man stood several feet away locking gazes with her. Her heart skipped a beat, she swiftly turned around and headed for her home. She passed him and witness from the corner of her eye of him gazing at her.

Then he moved with her. The man was following her. Londyn walked calmly for a moment. Her hand clenching into a fist. She peered behind and caught the mans gaze once more.

Tired, Londyn twirled around. "Why are you following me" she accused angrily. She cocked her fist aiming-

The man caught her fist smiling down at her. Londyn gaped at the man and noticed of him twining there fingers together.

She locked eyes with his abnormal eyes. "What the hell-" she halted staring at him.

Her heart raced in her chest. "You would allow a stranger to hold hands with you Miss Jonas?"

"How do you -"

Lips collided with hers. The mans full lips met hers with urgency. Londyn pursed her lips with his for a moment until she realized why this was so wrong. "You psychopath" she gritted her teeth wiggling out of his tight grasp.

His abnormal eyes crinkled at the sides, the man was smiling patiently at her.

"Let go"

"Why would I do that Londyn?"

Londyn met his gaze fully and allowed herself to fully process. She widen her eyes and stepped closer to him. She gripped his hand and peered at the same beauty mark her mercenary had.
Tears began to form.

"Bane-"

"Not anymore my butterfly" The man shook his head. "My name is Dorrance"
♠ ♠ ♠
The end