‹ Prequel: Public Affair
Sequel: Family Affair

Friendly Affair

Friendly Affair

“Warren,” Cory glared at me from the couch. “Go to Uncle Brian.”

“Come here,” I grabbed him from in front and me and kissed his forehead, looking up to Cory.

“What?”

“Why am I Uncle Brian?” I asked slowly as Cory sighed.

“Because Zacky’s his dad.”

“No,” I shook my head. “I’m his father. And I’m Elliot’s father. And they don’t even know.”

“Their one.”

“It doesn’t matter,” I insisted. “They should know.”

“Brian,” She mumbled. “Maybe when their older, we’ll let them know. Okay?”

“I guess,” I sighed and leaned back.

She’ll always be like that. Was before, still is, will be as life goes on. I still love her, though.

“Brian?”

“What?” I looked back up to her as she smiled softly.

“You just got really quiet all of a sudden,” She said and gazed into my eyes. “Something on your mind?”

"Just the normal everyday things," I mumbled as Warren began to play with my hair, I smiled down at him and kissed his nose, which caused him to cackle.

"Hey!" Alex walked in holding Elliot in her arms and Avery in her car seat snuggled against a pink teddy bear. "Go see Uncle Brian," she whispered sitting down Elliot, who giggled and went running towards me.

"Elliot," I exclaimed picking her up with my other arm. "Hello crazy child."

"Bri-Bri," she giggled as she patted my face.

I smiled and kissed her cheek. “How’s my favorite niece?”

“She’s good,” Alex nodded, Zack and Matt walking in behind her. “Cory, your fiancé is a great cart racer.”

“You didn’t,” She smirked and glanced at Zack, who nodded happily. “Was it fun?”

“It was awesome!” Alex insisted giggling. “We almost crashed into the register, though.”

“Great,” Cory sighed. “Just next time, make sure he doesn’t die. I love the boy.”

"He didn't almost die melodrama," Alex rolled her eyes and hugged Zacky's side. "We are to cool to die; we merely crashed and burned but came out cool."

"You make no sense," I mumbled.

"Have you been hitting the morphine's again?" Cory asked which caused Zacky and Alex to bust out laughing. "You have?"

"No, its just I say something like that and automatically you think I'm doped up, I have a kid not a kidney transplant."

"As far as we know,” Matt smirked. “And you have two kids.”

“Supposedly,” I sighed. “It’s not like they know.”

“Brian!” Cory growled. “We just had this conversation! They’ll learn when their older!”

"What? I'm just saying," I growled back as I glanced away from her to Alex. "Dude I want to ring her neck so bad right now."

"Don't or I'll kill you," Zacky said pointing at me.

"I said wanting to."

"Still."

"Don’t get so hostile,” I sighed and pulled Cory’s head to my chest. “I love Cory; I couldn’t kill her if I wanted to. My conscious wouldn’t let me.”

“That’s good to know, Brian,” Cory giggled into my shoulder as I rocked her back and forth. “You're crushing my head, though.”

“Oh,” I let go of her and she sat up straight.

“I’m glad that you won’t kill me, Brian,” She smiled.

"Yeah, but would—" Alex stopped when Matt clamped her mouth shut by holding her lips together.

"Quiet time," Matt said slowly as Alex glared at him, she slapped him on the head and pushed his hand away.

"Assho—asphalt," Alex grinned at the kids. "We walk on asphalt."

"Alex almost said a bad word," I teased using the kid's fingers to point at her. "Elliot tell mama bad."

"Bah."

"Close enough,” I shrugged as Elliot began giggling. “Now say that Aunt Cory is bad.”

“Nuh-uh,” Ellie shook her head.

“Wha?” My jaw dropped as Cory grinned.

“She loves me,” She explained. “And I didn’t do anything wrong.”

"Say Aunt Cory's mean," I grinned and nodded my head frantically.

"Nuh-uh," she shook her head and giggled before she began wiggling out of my arms. "Mama! Mama!"

"Brian let the child go or she'll bite you," Alex grinned as I looked down at Elliot, she bit my arm causing me to scream and jerk back, she jumped on the ground and went running to Alex. "Good girl Elliot."

"Awww,” Cory smirked and sat Warren on her lap. “Brian’s going to get rabies.”

“My child does not have rabies!” Alex scoffed. “I’m not so sure about yours, though.”

“Could we not argue?” Matt sighed.

“Fine,” Alex mumbled and glared at Cory playfully.

"Can I hold Avery?" I pouted as Alex sat on the ground; she looked up at me and laughed before reaching over to undo the small three month old baby from her car seat.

"Be careful; remember she's smaller than when Elliot and Warren were."

"Which is impressive,” I nodded. “Considering how small Ellie was.”

“Yeah,” I sighed as Alex handed her to me.

“So,” Alex looked to Cory and smiled. “You are going to have another?”

“I don’t know,” She took a deep breath. “Zacky does, but I’m not too sure.”

“Zack?” I looked up to him. “You want another?”

“Yep,” He nodded.

“What if Cory won’t have one?” I looked at Cory, who sighs as she looked back at me.

"Well I won't pressure her into having one if that's what your asking Brian," Zacky huffed and walked over to Cory, kissing her forehead. "When she's ready, I'm ready."

"I want to wait until Warren's about two or three you know?" she whispered

"I like the fact that Elliot and Avery are so close together, they can be there for one another in high school, but I want a boy soon so he can protect them," Alex smiled.

"You're trying for another?" I asked

Talk about coming close to swallowing your tongue…

"Yeah,” Alex nodded as Matt wrapped his arms around her waist. “And there’s no need to try.”

“Why?” Cory looked away from Zack.

“I’m pregnant.”

"Already?" Zacky laughed as he hugged Cory. "You guys are like bunnies man."

I could have had that…

"Yeah well," Alex grinned as she kissed Matt's lips. "I've always wanted a big family, and now I can have one."

"Hopefully they don't all stress you out," Cory whispered. "Can you're heart take it?"

"I'm pretty sure my heart can take just about anything thrown at it now these days," she laughed.

"That’s true,” Cory sighed. “Between all of us, you can brace for anything.”

“Exactly,” Alex nodded, Zack whispering something into Cory’s ear as she giggled.

That could have been me…

"What are you giggling at?" Matt asked laughing as Alex held his arms around her waist.

"Zacky said that you two are going to end up like cheaper by the dozen," Cory laughed.

I could have been their real father; Alex could have had me and a big family. Or I could have had Cory and kept her happy with just Warren.

"Brian?" Alex asked.

"Yeah?” I shook my head and looked over to her.

“You okay?” She said softly. “You got quite and were staring at Cory.”

“I was just thinking.”

"You think too much," she grinned as she walked over and peered down at Avery, who was fast asleep in my arms. "Have you seen her curl yet?"

"What curl?"

"Her hair, look it's like when I was younger," she showed me a little curl in her hair like a cowlick.

"Oh,” I smiled. “Cute.”

“Very,” She nodded and took her from my arms, laying her back in her car seat. “We’re going to go now, okay?”

“Sure,” Cory said as everyone nodded. “See you guys later.”

“Bye!” Alex waved as her and Matt carried Avery and Elliot out to their car.

"I think I'm going to go too, I have a session with Montana," I grinned and waved as I made my way out the door.

"See ya Brian! Be good," Cory yelled

Ah yeah, be good my ass.

"I love you,” I mumbled slowly as I opened my car door and climbed in. “Like you care.”

After a fifteen minute drive, I arrived at Montana's office with a sigh; I opened my door and walked towards the door. "Great, I'm crazy now."

"Hey!" Kayci was behind the secretary's desk. "How are you today Brian?"

"I'm okay I guess," I smiled slightly. "Filling in for Alice the wonder secretary?"

"Yeah, she had a root canal done, ouch," she grimaced. "She's out for three days I think."

"Sounds fun,” I sighed as she kissed my cheek. “Is Montana ready?”

“Go on in,” She nodded as I walked into Montana’s office.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment