‹ Prequel: Public Affair
Sequel: Family Affair

Friendly Affair

Friendly Affair

“Hey guys,” Zacky said softly. “What about Cory?”

"I don't know Zacky," I turned to stare at him. "I don't know!"

"Get inside," Brian glared as Elliot cried on his shoulder.

"Let me have--" I held my hands out for Elliot but Brian grabbed her instead.

"She's my daughter."

"Can I have Avery?” I asked softly as Zacky nodded, I picked her up and rocked her softly.

“Can we have a status report on Corrine Iannuzzi?” Zacky leaned up against the counter with Warren.

“Miss Iannuzzi is in critical condition,” The nurse said softly. “Their doing all they can to save her.”

“Save her?” Zacky said softly as mine and Brian’s jaw dropped.

"What about Alexandria Dallas?" Brian swallowed hard as he rubbed Elliot's back softly.

"If you go in the waiting room, I'll send a doctor out to talk to you," she said softly, we all nodded and walked over to the waiting room.

A few minutes later a doctor covered in blood on his green scrubs walked in the waiting room door. "Alexandria Dallas' family?"

"Here," I stood up and walked over with the guys to meet him half way.

"I'm sorry to say, we couldn't save her, her heart gave out and she lost too much blood," he shook his head sadly as he took off his blue hat thing.

-----Brian-----

“Wh-What?” I stuttered as Zacky began shaking and Matt burst out in hysterics.

“She’s dead, we’re very sorry for you're loss,” The doctor said once more before exiting the room.

“God no!” Matt sobbed, Zacky started crying as well. Soon I was bawling when a nurse came out to get us.

“You can see Miss Iannuzzi,” She nodded slowly as we all looked up. We all looked at her and nodded slowly as we tried to contain our tears, Alex was gone.

Alex was gone…

"She can't be gone," I whispered as I rubbed Elliot's back, she was asleep but I knew she heard us all bust into hysterics. "She can't."

"Come on," Zacky hiccupped as he grabbed Avery's car seat handle and walked after the nurse, Matt could barely walk from the crying he was doing.

"Matt calm down," I whispered.

"I can't," he was shaking. "I loved her so much."

It was true, he just loved too many.

“Go ahead in,” The nurse opened the door as we all walked inside slowly.

“Guys?” Cory smiled weakly from the bed.

“Mommy!” Warren wiggled from Zacky and jumped on the bed. “Mommy, I missed you!”

“I missed you, too,” She nodded, laughing softly as she looked up to us. “Hey guys…”

“Cory,” Zacky said, his eyes tearing up slightly. “Alex is dead.”

"What?" she looked up at us all with wide eyed. "What do you mean Zacky?"

"She got hit by a car outside," I whispered lowly as I clutched to Elliot like a life raft. "Her heart gave out and she lost a lot of blood."

I knew I sounded like a zombie, but I was feeling like one too. I knew I must have been in shock, but I couldn't do anything about it, it was like I was in a fog. I know it sounds weird and odd but I wished that moment, it wouldn't go away.

"No," she whispered as tears pooled in her eyes. "No! The last time I talked to her I was so mean; she has to know I love her so much!"

"Cory, calm-“

“Fuck!” She screamed. “Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!”

“Cory!” Zacky barked. “Calm down.”

“She’s fucking dead!” She cried, we all looked around as to who should comfort her.

"Cory," Matt whispered as he walked over to her, he was still crying. "It wasn't anyone's fault besides the car driver."

"It was you're fucking fault," I nearly shouted as Elliot moaned in her sleep and turned her head to the side. "You drove her to the fucking road Matt, she was crying!"

"I didn't mean for her to know! You told her!"

"Oh fuck…” my eyes went wide. “I did. I… I fucking killed her.”

“Don’t say that, Brian!” Cory growled. “You didn’t do anything! None of us did!”

"No Cory, I told her something that I shouldn't have even let her know, I knew it would hurt her so bad," I whispered. "But I said it anyway."

"What did you say that's so bad?" Cory snapped. "That you loved her? Or what?"

"That Matt loves you," I whispered looking up at her.

"What?” She shook, looking at Matt. “What?"

"You did it a-fucking-gain," Matt glared before he cast his gaze at the floor. "Yeah, I love you."

"What about Alex," she whispered as she scooted back.

"I love her too, I don't know how I fell for you but I did and I didn't want to because all I ever wanted was Alex," he sighed. "And when Brian found out he told Alex, she ran out of the hospital with Elliot and Avery."

"I found her outside talking to Elliot, she was beside the curb when a car side swiped her, she hit the windshield and the—" I couldn't say she hit the pavement, I just couldn’t.

"Oh,” Cory said softly and looked into my eyes. “Matt.”

“Cory,” Matt kissed her softly as she turned away.

“I can’t,” She wept. “I still love…”

“Me?” Zacky spoke up.

"Yeah," she whispered as she looked off to the ground.

I was about ready to scream at everyone, no one even acted like Alex was dead, and it was all about whom Cory loved or who loved Cory. How did I ever love her? I loved Alex… "What the hell is wrong with you all?" I snapped as I looked at everyone, who done the same to me. "You're all stressed of Cory loving someone, what the fuck! Alex is dead and all you care about is kissing her best friend or finding out she loves you still," I looked at Zacky. "What the hell man, you know better than me that Alex loved you all and this is what you do to honor her? Ignore her when she just passed away! Fuck you guys," I held onto Elliot as I walked past Zacky and Matt.

As I stood outside staring at the cop cars, yellow tape and nurses I pulled out my phone slowly. "Hello?"

"She's dead," I whispered.

"Who's dead?"

"Jimmy, Alex died."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment

Image