‹ Prequel: Public Affair
Sequel: Family Affair

Friendly Affair

Friendly Affair

I walked into Matt’s house, Zacky gripping my hand tightly.

“I haven’t been back in a week,” Matt fell to the couch and whined. “Let’s sleep.”

“Let’s not,” I giggled shaking my head as I looked down to the table.

From Cory<3

“What?” I said softly and picked up the letter, Jimmy looked over to me.

“What’s that?

“A letter,” I explained. “From Cory.”

“Cory?” Zacky became stiff and his breathing short.

“She left a note?” Matt asked from the couch, everyone looking around and staying silent.

“Yeah,” I nodded slowly and pulled the flap up, removing the papers.

Hey, guys…

It’s Cory. This is probably… Definitely the last time you’ll hear from me. And no, before you start wondering, I’m not dead. I just… Left. Yes, rash, but I figure it’d be best for all of us. Now that Alex is dead…


My eyes teared up as everyone read over my shoulder.

To Mattie.

Matt, I think I love you, too. But it couldn’t happen. Ever. And I’m sorry. Also, I’m sorry about Alex.


“Why is she sorry about me?” I looked around and Matt sighed heavily.

“We thought you’d died,” Matt explained as everyone nodded. "Remember."

“Oh,” I mumbled and looked down to the letter.

Find someone nice, okay? Hold her close, Matthew. I’ll miss your adorable dimples when you smile.

Matt grunted at her last statements and said something about how he did have someone.

Me.

To Jimbob.

Man, you're the best friend a girl could have! I love you so much, Jimmy. You have no clue. Take care of Montana, Kay? She loves you, you love her, and it’s great. She’s even crazy! I’ll miss our drunken adventures, buddy.


“Oh man,” Jimmy looked down intensely at her writing as his eyes teared up.

To Johnny.

I love you, you short shit. You made me feel tall! You’ll always be my favorite garden gnome, and I’ll remember that time you hid and pretended to be one when you spied on Alex. Remember? I’ll miss your cheek kisses.


Johnny simply stared at the letter and choked back tears.

To Brian.

Wow. Um, wow. That’s it. Wow. You were my first love, always have been, always will be. I’ll miss… Everything.


“What?” Brian mumbled, disappointed as I sighed.

“She’s saying she’ll really miss you, ass.”

“Oh,” Brian nodded slowly.

And finally, to Zack.

I still love you. I sound pathetic, even on paper. Just thought you should know. Take care of Warren, please. For the love of god, please take care of him. And on the topic of children, I’ve decided to keep yours. If it’s a girl, I’ll name it Ella, and if it’s a boy he’ll be Zachary. I might send something every once and a while, pictures or school things. And it’d be best for both of us if they didn’t know you were their father. I’m sorry. I think I’ve gotten everything down, so…

I love you, Zacky. I always will. I’ll miss you more than anything.


“Oh my god!” Zacky burst out into tears and sat on the ground, holding Warren close.

“Zack,” Brian looked down to him sadly as the rest of us continued to read.

As an apology to all of you, I’m sorry for acting so insensitive about Alex. It was just a little too much to take in at the time. The last words I said to the girl was that I was going to kill Zack’s baby and give her the fetus! I’m sorry about getting pissed off at you guys, and then walked off. It sucks that the last time you’d see me was so shitty.

“Its okay, Cory,” Matt said to himself. “We’re sorry, too.”

“This can’t be happening,” Zacky shook his head and continued sobbing. “I-I-“

“It’s insane,” Brian looked at all of us. “We’ll never see her again. Makes me upset that I was always angry at her.”

“She deserved it,” I explained. “Most of the time.”

Heh, don’t get mad, but I sort of took something from all of you. Please don’t freak!

From Matt, I took a pair of your sunglasses. They’ll come in handy, look stylish, and remind me of you.

From Jimmy, I took a teddy bear. Hope you don’t miss him.

From Johnny, I took your lighter!

From Brian, I took a hat. The red and black one.

And from Zacky, I took your stripped hoodie. It smells amazing, like you. And also, I kept your ring. Maybe for some sick, hopeless dream that one day you’ll put it back on my finger…


I continued reading the letter, everyone in tears but me.

So, I guess this is goodbye. Um, I love you all so much and sorry it has to end like this. But it was the only way. Boys, stay just the way you are. You’re all perfect in your own little way, and nothing can stop you from getting to your dreams. I’ll remain a faithful fan of the band and still lurk around Huntington, too. I think I’ve covered everything; I’m in hysterics now so I guess I’ll just leave.

XOXO,
Corrine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Up soon! The sequal of the sequal!