‹ Prequel: Public Affair
Sequel: Family Affair

Friendly Affair

Friendly Affair

"I know that, Zack! Stop fucking telling me that!” I turned to him and snapped, making him sigh. “Oh, babe, I-“

“No,” He shook his head and turned away. “Just, go away right now.”

"Baby…"

"No," he nodded to Matt. "I'll go find her, you watch the kids."

"Alright," Matt nodded as he glanced at me then to Zacky. "Bring her back safe please Zack."

"I will."

------Zacky-----

"Alex,” I sighed and found her sitting on the edge of the same pier we’d found her on only a year back.

“Zack?” She leaned back and looked up to me, smiling. “Hey.”

“Hi,” I said softly and sat next to her as she sighed. “I sent Cory away.”

“What?”

"She shouldn't do this to you, not after everything you've done for her, I love her but some things I will put my foot down at," I sighed.

"Babe, you don't have to," she chuckled as she grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. "She's just PMS-ing I'm sure."

"She doesn't love me," I whispered. "And I know this, you can't take people who are destined to be together away," I groaned. "I tried though."

"I know," she sighed. "You're too good for that kind of treatment," she whispered. "Don't tell Cory I said that though, she'll kill me."

"Over my dead body."

“Ha,” She mumbled. “She’d kill you too?”

“Maybe,” I shrugged.

“She does love you,” Alex changed the subject. “Or at least she tries. I know she really likes you, but she might be afraid to fall in love again-”

“Like you?”

“Yeah,” She nodded slowly. “Like me.”

"You ever thought about loving Matt?"

"I have, and I think I maybe do because I'd do anything for him, but the thought scares me you know," she shrugged as she leaned against me.

"Maybe we should get married and say fuck it to everything else," I joked as I kissed her forehead.

"That would mull over great with everyone, please more fuel to the burning wildfire," she laughed." We’d have Cory pissed at me for marrying you, you for leaving her, Matt for marrying me and me for leaving him. And don’t get me started with Jimmy and Johnny.”

"Yeah,” I mumbled and laughed lowly. ”Maybe not the best idea."

“Are you going to stay with Cory?” Alex asked me after a few minutes of silence.

"I don't know, I need time to think," I shrugged as she hugged me.

"Maybe, you should I don't know, see that Kayci girl that Brian's been trying to see, she's really sweet and she's trying to tame the whole fire."

"I want Cory," I said with a whine. "But she doesn't want me."

"Just think."

"Its hurts," I whined leaning back on the deck. “Why the hell must I fall in love with the one girl who doesn’t want me back?”

“Life isn’t far,” Alex mumbled. “Just give it on last go, maybe. Just have you two go out for a romantic evening and then spend the night in afterwards.”

“One last shot,” I said up and nodded. “Alright.”

"And if it isn't good, like you expect then everything will be okay," she smiled. "I'll get you a girlfriend."

"Alright,” I nodded. “Can you help?”

“Of course,” She laughed slightly. “Call me tomorrow, Kay?”

“Okay.”

-----Cory-----

“Do you think I should go?” I asked softly, holding a pillow to my chest as Matt walked out of my nursery.

"Well seeing this is Alex's house and I'd like her to come home and not stress her, I think it may be best," he said slightly nervous.

"I understand," I nodded as I walked past him.

"Cory?"

'Yeah Matt?" I sighed turning around.

"Alex does love me, right?"

-----Matt------

"Matt,” She wept softly and shook her head, carrying Warren out to her car.

“Oh fuck,” I dropped my head into my hands and sighed. “Of course she doesn’t fucking love me. She loves Brian.”

“You know what?” Cory walked back in quickly and sat down Warren. “Tell Zack to watch Warren, I’m going out to think.”

“Where are you going, Cory?” I asked, slightly worried.

“Oh, no where special,” She shook her head, shrugged, and walked back out the door.

"No where special my ass," I mumbled as I picked up Warren. "Hey buddy."

"Hi ucle Matt," he grinned.

"Want to go watch sponge bob with Elliot, she's lying down."

"Yea!"

-----Brian-----

“I had fun,” I insisted to Jimmy on the phone.

“Like hell you did,” he growled. “You didn’t, it was painfully obvious.”

“I’m just not in the dating mood,” I sighed.

“Whatever,” He hung up the phone, making me throw it across the room. I lay down on the couch and closed my eyes before being gently shaken awake.

“Brian?” Cory’s softly voice whispered.

“Cory?” I opened my eyes and sat up.

“Can I stay here tonight?” She asked. “I kind of… Pissed off Zack."

"How?" I asked as I opened my arms, she looked at them hesitantly before curling up in them.

"I messed up and was really mean to Alex," she sighed.

'What did you do?" I asked curiously.

"Well," she whispered. "I told her that you pretty much didn't want her, you wanted me instead and that she was jealous and didn't love Matt."

"Oh, Cory,” I said softly and kissed the top of her head as she cried. “At least you didn’t lie to the girl.”

“You don’t want her?” She mumbled.

“No,” I shook my head. “I’m fine with her and Matt, they love each other. Or so I thought, but that’s not the point,” I rambled. “Look, what I’m trying to say is…” I took a deep breath and gulped. “I love you.”

"I love you too," she surprised me as she kissed my lips; my eyes went wide as I pulled her closer.

-----Alex------

"So she just left Warren here?" I asked as I picked up Warren and laid him in the crib with Elliot.

"She said she wanted Zacky to watch him," Matt shrugged distantly. "Can we talk?"

"Where did Zacky go?" I asked first.

"He went to look for her," he nodded. "Please."

"I want you to know, I didn't lie Matt, I do love you."

"I know you do,” He nodded and kissed my forehead. “I didn't really believe anything Cory was saying. She doesn’t make Zack angry, she just worries him. He doesn’t want to see her hurt again; he really loves her more than anything. I hope she realizes that before she does something she’ll regret.”

"I'm sorry," I whispered and kissed his lips. "And I hope so too, but I'm not going to pretend this didn't happen, I'll always be there for Zacky but Cory has crossed the line."

"I'm really sorry about that baby," he whispered.

-----Cory-----

“Brian,” I moaned softly as he sucked at my neck.

“I forgot how good you tasted,” He mumbled into my skin. “I missed this.”

“Me, too,” I nodded and pushed him straight down, crashing my lips onto his.

"You slut!" I heard Zacky scream; I jumped up and turned around seeing Zacky near tears.

"Zacky I—" tears came to my eyes too. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't fucking say that to me, you know what you're fucking doing!" he screamed. "Alex was right, I don't deserve this, you can have her Brian, and she matches you perfectly."

"Zacky!” I cried out as he stomped angrily out of the house. “Oh no! Fuck!”

“Cory, I-“He touched my shoulder softly.

“Don’t fucking touch me!” I turned to him and snapped. “What have I fucking done?! Zacky!”

----Alex-----

"And the sheep—" I stopped reading to Elliot and laid her in the bed, she had woke up a few minutes after we laid Warren down and decided she wanted to be read to, I got her to sleep finally and walked out of her room. "She's asleep."

"Goo—" Matt started but the door slammed into the wall after being flung open and then was shut again. "Zacky?"

"Oh no," I whispered running to Zacky, he collapsed in my arms as he cried. "Matt lock the door, Cory isn't coming in this house."

"Okay,” Matt nodded and ran to the door as I attempted to calm Zacky.

“Babe, what’s wrong?” I rubbed his back as he sobbed heavily.

“She fucking kissed him!” He screamed. “She went and kissed Brian!”

“Oh, Zacky,” I kissed his forehead and wiped away some tears.

“I fucking love her!” He cried.

“Zacky!” Cory screamed from behind the outside door. “I’m so sorry! I love you!”

"Zacky," I whispered pulling him into a tighter hug. "I know this hurts but you don't need someone who will always turn their back on you and go for you're friend when you have a fight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment

Image