Status: Comments and critique are much appreciated.

How Long?

Chapter 17

Louise along with her father and brothers entered the Guards’ Chapel in London where a special ceremony was taking place on Princess Diana’s ten year death anniversary. Louise had come down two days earlier to attend it. She and her family were off to Greece for their family vacation. They took their seats as the ceremony started.

There were more than 500 guests attending the service. Leading the ceremony Harry went to the podium for the speech. His words made her choke up. His speech was from the heart and simply lovely. She knew how much he loved his mother and how devastated he and William been at the time of her death ten years ago.

The rest of the ceremony included William reading from St Paul's letter to the Ephesians which asked for inner strength. Diana's sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, also gave a reading. The service included Diana's favorite classical music by composers Rachmaninov and Mozart and four hymns, concluding with Diana's favorite, I Vow To Thee, My Country. The hour long ceremony went beautifully. It was everything that everyone hoped it would be.

As people started exiting the chapel, Harry, William, Charles and Diana’s brother Charles Spencer stood outside thanking people.

Harry stood as the long line of people went by embracing him, telling him how touching his speech was. He saw his father embracing Simon followed by Mark and Luke behind the three men emerged the brunette he knew so well. He didn’t know she was going to be here though he had hoped. They had been in contact since the concert. Things were progressing slowly but at least in the right direction. It was awkward between them but that is to be expected.

Once he got a better look at her, he had to stop himself from snorting out loud. She was wearing a fascinator. As she approached him, his grin became wider.

Harry was the last one in the line but she could still feel his goofy grin as she hugged Charles and William. When she stood in front of him, his grin broadened.

“Don’t you dare say a word” She hissed pointing a finger at him.

He chuckled. “What’s that on your head?” He asked innocently. They, on numerous occasions had made fun of these very fascinators.

“Don’t make me punch you in public” She said as a ghost of smile appeared on her face.

Ignoring her threat he continued “I vaguely remember someone telling me they will never be caught dead wearing a fascinator”

“I shouldn’t have come” She said groaning.

He leaned in for a hug still smiling. Her body tensed, she hesitated but then gave in, embracing him awkwardly. It was not one of those hugs by her that he loved and missed. This one felt different, forced.

“Thanks for coming. I do really appreciate it” He whispered in her ear.

Breaking the hug immediately, she looked back at the line waiting for their turn to meet Harry.

“I should be…” She said.

He chuckled again at her awkwardness. “I will find you later” He said.

---

Later that night there was a dinner at Highgrove with closest friends and family. This was the first time since the fight almost two years ago that Louise had been here. It seemed kind of surreal because she knew the place so well. Most of her childhood weekends were spent here with Harry and William. But being here now only reminded her of that day and the things Harry said. She didn’t want to think about that. Every time she looked back at that day it only made her sad and angry.

She was in a good place emotionally at the moment. Things with Harry had been going fine. They were talking again. If she let her guard down, it sometimes almost felt like the old times. On the other hand, things with Max were going great. They had been dating now for almost two months. He was the kindest, sweetest guy. He had been really good for her. She knew it already that she was falling for him… hard. But being here tonight was making her a bit crazy. She couldn’t look at Harry without feeling angry which in turn made her sad because he still had that kind of power over her which in turn made her angry at herself. Totally fucking CRAZY. In an attempt to get her head straight Louise made her way to the beautiful gardens outside.

Not soon after Harry came out looking for her. He stood at a distance just admiring her. Her long brown hair was blowing lightly in the wind. She was wearing glasses which he had never seen her wear before in public. He could tell she was in deep thought because she had that lost look on her face. It would be the first time they will be alone together since their fallout.

“Hey, what are you doing out here? I was looking all over for you” Harry said giving her a glass of cider.

“Thanks” She said taking the glass.

“Luke was telling us inside about you all going to Greece for your annual family vacation. I didn’t know you guys were still doing that”

She made a sound acknowledging his statement.

He looked sideways. She was sipping her cinder with the same lost expression on her face.

“You’re going to love Greece. I went there last year with Tom and the lads, we had an awesome time”

“Aah huh” She made the sound again.

“Make sure to visit Myrtos Beach, it’s one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life” He continued.

“Great, Thanks” She said sarcastically drowning the remaining cider in one go.

Harry looked at her again. She had a distant look on her face.

“Are you going to be here for a while after coming back from your vacation?”

“No, I am taking a flight to America from Greece” She replied.

“You’re going to be here for Christmas though?”

“I suppose, I will” She said sounding detached.

“Are you okay?” Harry asked.

“I am wonderful” She said again with a bitter tone. “I am going to get another one of these” She said
shaking the empty glass in her hand. She turned on her heels but he caught her arm.

“Is something wrong?” He asked confused by her sudden behavior.

As soon as he grabbed her arm something snapped inside her. She knew this was neither the place nor
the time for this. It was his mother’s ten year death anniversary but she couldn’t stop herself.

“Don’t touch me” She said yanking her hand off his grasp.

Harry was taken aback by her words. He racked his brains trying to figure out what he might have done
today to upset her this much. It can’t be about the joke he made about her fascinator.

“Did I say something to upset you?” He asked.

She snorted “There is a lot you’ve said to upset me, Harry”

As soon as the words came out of her mouth he got what she meant by them.

“I thought I was okay. I thought I can do this. I thought I could forget but I can’t” Taking a breath she
continued. “I can’t just pretend that you didn’t say those awful things all those years ago and I can’t
pretend your words didn’t hurt me”

Things that had been tormenting her for the past two years had to come out. She had to do this if she wanted to start fresh with Max. She had to do it because otherwise she will always be that girl who was in love with her best friend who treated her like crap and she let him.

“I can’t do this with you right now. I can’t go on pretending nothing happened when I am so angry at you. You” She said pointing her finger at his chest. “You treated me so badly, Harry. Like I didn’t matter to you when all I ever did was to be a friend to you” She said poking his chest with her finger. “I just can’t” She said taking two steps back from him but still looking at him with so much hurt and anger in her eyes.

Harry stood there letting her unleash. He deserved it; every single word she said was true. He did treat her badly. He knew it couldn’t be as easy as it seemed for the past couple months. He knew this was to come out someday. It had to. She was a ticking time bomb, she had to explode.

“Lou…” He started to apologize.

“Don’t” She said raising her empty hand. “I don’t want your apology now. It’s been too long and you’re too late for that anyway. I just need some time. Okay?” She said.

He nodded. He would give her as much time and space she needed if it meant one day he will get her back. Not the ghost of a friend but Lou, his Lou back.

Without out saying another word she turned around and left him standing there all alone.

----

Louise entered the Novel café with Mandy and Amber in tow. They were all meeting here before heading out for a Coldplay concert which Louise was super excited about. She had seen them before live twice; both times at Wimberley with Harry and her other friends.

Entering the café she was greeted by a smile from her boyfriend. It still seemed odd to refer to Max as her boyfriend. Returning his smile she sat next to him on the couch. His arms snaked around her waist and he planted a sweet kiss on her lips.

“I missed you” He said.

“How can you miss her man? You left her apartment this morning” Zack said.

Louise buried her head in Max’s shoulder out of embarrassment. Things have been getting pretty serious between the two. They had been sleeping together for a few weeks now and he spent almost every night at her apartment. Sex with Max was fantastic; she didn’t know that sex could feel this good after her disastrous first time with Jake.

“You are such a twat” Mandy said smacking Zack on the arm.

“What? It’s nauseating to see these two together” Zack said in his defense.

“I think it’s sweet” Amber chimed in.

“I have to agree with Zack. I love you two to death but I can stomach the sight of two being this lovey
dovey cutesy couple” Josh said.

“Deal with it” Max said kissing the top of Louise’s head.

“Leave them alone” Mandy said. “It’s nice to see someone this happy”

“We are happy but we don’t make people want to puke” Zack said to his girlfriend.

“Can we leave this discussion for some other time? We will be late if we didn’t get going now” Max said checking his watch.

“Yes, let’s go” Mandy said clapping her hands.

As the group exited Max held Louise back his arms still around her waist. She turned around to face him raising her brow.

“As I was saying before we were interrupted by our rude friends. I missed you today” He said smiling down at her.

She wounded her arms around his waist, standing on her toes she pecked his lips “I missed you too” She said pecking him again.

He moved his hand at the back of her neck stopping her movement, deepening the kiss. She moaned lightly when his tongue entered her mouth.

“We really have to go” She mumbled against his mouth.

“Or we could just ditch them and go back to your place” He said resting his head on her forehead.

“Not gonna happen Maximilian Copper. Now let’s go” She said turning around tugging him, still holding his hand.

“Bossy bossy” He said as he followed her.

At the concert they had second row tickets. Max tucked Louise back to his chest; legs spread just
enough to accommodate her feet between his. His arms locked around her waist. She could feel his chest vibrate as he hummed songs in her ear along with the band. He kissed her cheek every now and then. Whispered complements in her ear all through the concert.

The concert was on the last leg. The band was playing encore songs. It was dark now and stars were out. It was one of the most romantic things ever or it was just her state of mind. The band started playing the last song of the night called Yellow. Max started humming the song in her ear. It was one of her favorite song and soon she started singing it. Realizing she was singing the song Max started singing it with her. She turned around facing him still singing the song. If anyone else saw them singing the song to each other at a sold out concert looking like they were the only ones there, didn’t matter to them. His hands moved and cupped her face. She couldn’t take her eyes off him. He leaned in and kissed her soft and tenderly. She could feel all his emotions pouring into that kiss. He stopped as the song ended. He rested his head on her forehead.

“Lulu” He whispered.

The same nick name that use to make her wince every time now felt special, she smiled every time he
called her that.

“Hmmm” She said closing her eyes with a smile on her face.

“I think I am crazy in love with you” Even though the place was buzzing with people, applause and music she could still hear him loud and clear.

“That’s a good thing, I suppose” She whispered back.

“How so?” He asked.

“Because I think I am crazy in love with you too” She said meaning every word she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Diana Memorial Service Outfit
Dinner at Highgrove Outfit
Concert Outfit

Harry's Speech

Soundtrack : John Mayer - All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye
Coldplay - Yellow

And the hate continues. Sorry if you are disappointed with the recent turn of events. Believe me I do have a plan. I still working out some logistics.
Do let me know what did you think about Louise outburst towards Harry? or Do you think Louise is really over Harry?

List Of Awesome:

Lucy579

paint.it.black.

musical87

mebg

Overflowing Ashtray