Status: Comments and critique are much appreciated.

How Long?

Chapter 3

Louise had no idea when she entered Highgrove that the night will end up like this. The club H that Harry and William started just to have fun with having some friends over had turned into a place that Harry uses to get drunk and high on a regular basis. She sat there looking at Harry totally wasted. He was rambling about some girl he met to Guy. She looked down at her hands which still had the same glass of beer that Harry handed her an hour ago. The smell was so repulsive that she stopped drinking after one sip.

If she had to be honest, she was scared. She knew there were cannabis and other drugs at the party and she knew very well how much trouble everyone can get into if they ever get caught. She dumped her glass on the trash can and looked around. There were a total number of 12 people there. She knew most of them. They were Harry friends from Ludgrove prep school and Eton, William was not there though.

Harry plopped next to Lou. He had a nice buzz going and he left like smiling a lot. He smiled at his friend but saw a total horror in her eyes.

“You alright?” He asked.

“I should be asking that question. Harry you look horrid” Louise said.

“I am bloody brilliant, Lou” He said with a grin.

“I think you going to be sick” Lou said getting up.

She extended her hand “Let’s go”

“Where to?” He asked taking her hand.

“We are getting you cleaned up” Lou said.

“Sure” Harry said attempting to get up but stumbled back onto the couch. He laughed at his own clumsiness.

“Can you walk?” She asked.

“I don’t think so, Lou” He said closing his eyes.

Louise panicked. She ran upstairs looking for some help. She didn’t wanted help from the maids or from the security aid. Harry had told her time and time again not to trust anyone.

William was studying for an important paper when his door banged. He figured it would be Harry but he found very freak out Lou on the other side.

“What’s wrong?” William asked.

“Harry, He is behaving… he had too much to drink… He can’t walk…I need your help” She said in between her panting.

William didn’t even say anything he just rushed towards the basement with Lou in tow, knowing very well what she was talking about. He had found Harry in the same state a few weeks ago and helped him sober up. Harry promised him that he won’t do it anymore.

After sending everybody home, with a lot of effort Louise, William and Guy dragged Harry upstairs. Harry was in a bad shape, worst than the last time William found him in. He was white as a ghost, throwing up constantly, sweating profusely and rambled like an idiot. As they entered the main room the lot came face to face with Charles standing there looking at his sons and their friends in complete horror.

The next thing they knew, William, Louise, Guy and a still buzzed but somewhat sober Harry sat in front of Charles, Simon and Guy’s father John. The adults were talking about the dangers of underage drinking and drug use. Guy being a good friend took complete responsibility of brining cannabis to the party.

Harry still didn’t know what exactly was going on but he knew that he was in deep shit. Guy had just left with his father with a terrified look on his eyes. The same look that Lou has on her face sitting next to William.

William got up to reason with his father and Simon. They went in the next room.

Louise sat there; her heart was still beating wildly against her chest. She was not able to concentrate on anything that her father or Uncle Charles had said. She felt Harry taking the place next to her that William had just vacated.

“Lou” Harry said.

She shot in an angry glare.

“What were you doing Harry?” She hissed.

“I was having fun. You should try it sometime” He said spat back.

“You have no remorse. They are talking about sending you to rehab” She hissed.

Harry snorted. “Dad will never do that. You know why? Because the press will have a field day with that”

Louise shook her head. “You are still drunk. I can still smell alcohol on you” She said in disgust.

He leaned closer and blew air on her cheek.

“Sod off” She said pushing him.

“Alright, this is what’s going to happen” Charles said entering back into the room.

“This club of yours” He said pointing at Harry. “Is closed for good, you are grounded for the next three months. That means no going out. No polo matches and no ski trip this year”

Harry had good sense to keep his mouth shut though he thought that his father was overreacting.

“You will be visiting Featherstone Lodge Rehabilitation Centre for an entire day this next Sunday” Charles said firmly.

Harry eyes went big in shock. Rehab, he never thought his father will ever do that.

Louise saw the shock on her friend face. He looked terrified.

“As for you young lady” Her father said. “You too are grounded for three months”

“Uncle Simon, Lou didn’t do anything…” Harry started but after getting another death glare from his father he shut his mouth.

“You will not be accompanying Luke and Mark to Argentina this summer” Her father said.

Harry looked at her as her face dropped. All she did for the past month was talk about her trip to Argentina with her brothers. He mentally kicked himself for involving her in his mess.

“Now grab your things and we are going home” Simon said.

“Dad, Can I go to the rehab centre with Harry?” Louise asked weakly still looking down at her hands.

Harry looked at her in total shock. She didn’t have to do that, not after he behaved like a total twat towards her. Now he felt even worse for getting her trouble.

Simon looked at Charles. Charles eyes warmed looking at the girl who he knew was not at fault but still wanted to accompany her friend for the punishment.

“Louise, you know we don’t want to unnecessary punish you for something you did not do. It’s Harry who needs to understand the repercussions for his actions. You don’t have to do this”

“I want to do this” She said looking up for the first time.

---

Next Sunday Harry with his security aid picked up Louise and together they made their way to Featherstone Lodge Rehabilitation Centre. They had hardly talked rest of the week after the whole debacle. Both of their mobile phones were confiscated. Louise entered the car without any greetings and sat next to him. The car ride was tense as both of them didn’t say a word. All week Harry was freaking out about going to rehab but right now all he thought about was Lou not talking to him. Harry had mentally written an apology but at the moment words failed him.

The warden of the rehabilitation centre received them outside the facility. They were given a tour of the whole place. The met and talked to some teenage recovering addicts, some who has just been admitted and witnessed there angry rants about being there, and then they even had to sit through one of the group therapy sessions. While they were sitting in silence having lunch in the cafeteria a guy in his mid twenties collapsed, having a very violent episode of spasms.

Harry looked at the man as his body thrashed violently against the floor. His hands and legs twitching like he had no control over it. He felt Lou grab his hand, he looked and saw how horrified she looked. He squeezed her hand gently while the warden explained to them that the guy was having severely withdrawal symptoms.

Harry and Louise still hadn’t really talked while they sat in the car going back home. He kept giving her glances but she didn’t notice them. She had a lost look on her face as she looked out of her window.
As Lou’s house came into the view, she ever so slightly turned towards Harry.

“Harry, I am worried about you” She said.

He kept quite not meeting her eye.

“I know you don’t want to listen to anything anyone has to say but you can’t do what you were doing last week and not end like one of the people we met today”

“Lou, I am not as stupid as everyone think I am” Harry spat back.

“I know you are not stupid but promise me you won’t ever over do it. Promise me you won’t end up like the bloke in the cafeteria”

“Lou…”

“Promise me” She said looking at him with so much genuine concern in her eyes. Something that he thought he will never see again after his mother’s death.

“I promise” He said.

As the car came to the stop in front of her house she took him in a warm embrace.

“I love you, you tosser” She said smiling her brilliant smile.

“Get out of here you nutter” He said nudging her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Club H Outfit
Rehab Visit Outfit

Soundtrack - Be Still - The Fray

Hello everyone. This is a short one but I just wanted to give you guys a sense of their friendship. I am really having fun writing this fiction. I am trying to incorporate real life events with my imagination.
Thank you for your continued support. You guys are really awesome!

A special thanks to Michelle81 and princessprose for their words of encouragement.