Instincts

Chapter 1

“So there you are.” She stood confronting the man she’d grown to love.

She had to hunt him down when none of his friends had a clue as to where he may have been.

She knew where to look. He’d started frequenting this bar to drink away his problems, to drink away his writer’s block.

He’s grown far to fond of drinking. It’s beginning to change the sweet man she’d once known.

“And here I stand.” He responded slurring but trying to make himself seem sober. “So far as I remembered you weren’t half bad. Your bedroom behavior was never more then checkmarks on bedpost. More I remember we never had.” He slurred that out. He just told her that she was nothing more to him then a good lay.

“William, it’s time to go. You’ve had too many.” She tried not to feel the pain that last statement.

“I got you out of the rain. I got you out of your clothes. You hoped that nobody knew.” His eyes were glazed over just demonstrating his demons more.

It was unfortunate for him that he loved Crissy, and he didn’t mean to say these things to her.

That was all old baggage, emotional luggage that he hadn’t been able drop. Things that he hadn’t been able to let go of from his old girlfriend.

He was just projecting these feelings onto this lovely girl.

“William, please lets just go.” She said only starting to take notice of the scene he was starting to cause.

“Why because you want more?” He smirked and attempted to get up.

He was too far gone and only ended up almost falling.

Lucky for him she was there to catch his tall slender frame.

She caught him round his waist and wrapped her arm tighter around him to try and help him leave.

“No, because you’re making an ass of yourself.” She tried to get him to move.

“I’m not being an ass!” He slurred and yanked away from her crashing back into the barstool he’d just been sitting on.

“William!” She went after him worried he may have hurt himself.

He just lay there, in a heap on the floor, barstool under his long tangle of limbs.

“Get away from me! Go suck your so called pity down because I don’t fuckin’ want it” He screamed back when she got close enough.

She didn’t even get what he meant by that, because these words weren’t for her.
As was previously mentioned, none of these words were for her.

She had enough, she didn’t need to deal with him. She had tried so hard for so long, she was tired of fighting. Fighting to get him out of bars after a tough day in the practice space. She was tired of holding his hair back and comforting him once the hang over struck only to get half drunken ‘I love you’s from Vomit breath.

She just wanted the real William back; the sweet soft spoken boy she loved back.

That was all she asked for.

She wouldn’t let his vices run her life.

“Fine William.” She got up with the appearance of calmness but that facade broke soon enough. “We’re over. I can’t live like this anymore! I’m going home to pack my things!”
She started towards the door.

“I bet you’re still a sucker for those famous faces.” He slurred out. “Date someone who’s not on my record label next time.” Another simple insult.

“Goodbye William.” She spoke as callously as she could.

After she walked out she called Carden to tell him he needed to get William and take him back to his place.

She didn’t want him to come home while she was leaving with as drunk as he was.

She didn’t want any of this furniture, he could keep everything.

She just packet her clothes and a few things he couldn’t have ever had the boldness to think were his.

She left, went to live with her best friend who lived in inner city Chicago.

She didn’t answer his calls, he eventually stopped calling. She stopped answering the guys’ calls because she realized they stopped calling to talk to her, then they were only calling to speak for Bill.

Two years past and Crissy was living alone now and cutting hair for cash. She was the best in town, and color was what she loved to do.

Since she and William split she dyed her hair more then 20 times.

One day, a slow day in the shop she worked at, she was sitting in her chair reading. She was the only one on that day. Another girl was scheduled but she called in.

Crissy had Blue Oyster Cult playing in the background, she was humming along to “Harvest Moon” as she read.

She heard the door but was in the middle of a sentence so she didn’t look up yet.

“Hello, What can I do you for today?” She said while she was reading.

“I’m here for a hair cut.” A soft smooth voice called back. It was distinctly male and distinctly familiar to Crissy.

“I heard this was the best place around here.” The voice only sounded more familiar.

She finally tore herself away from her book long enough to see the man who came in.

He was a tall rail thin man with long, beautiful, chestnut brown hair. He looked familiar but he was wearing big sunglasses and a white hood over his head, but she could still see the gorgeous locks pouring out of the hood down his shoulders. He was wearing tight jeans over his legs that went on for days and a forest green jacket over his white hoodie.

“Then you heard right sir.” She smiled a charming smile up at him. “But your hair is so amazing, please don’t make me cut it.” She said sweetly as she tucked some of her long fire red bangs that had fallen into her face behind her ear.

He simply smiled in response to that he didn’t say anything because he stopped to hear what was gently playing in the back round. He recognized it and his smile expanded.

“My ex used to say that all the time, that’s probably why I’ve gone so long without cutting it. By the way great music.” He loved these things that reminded him of her but hated them at the same time because he knew it was his fault she was an ex.

“My ex-boyfriend always loved this band, I got him their t-shirt for Christmas.” Her memories brought back pain too but not as sharp a stab as his.

The man’s head moved closer to her as she said that, as if he were recognizing her.

“Crissy?” Was all he said.

She was about to question him about his identity but was cut short.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not a very long story
I have it all written already
But because of the length the chapters will probably be a little shorter than my usual chapter
I hope you like it!