Instincts

Chapter 8

“The shop has another location”

I dawned on her.

She reached for her cordless phone.

Once she had it in her hand she looked at as if she were pondering her life on it.

“Is this what I want to do?”

She dialed her boss, the shop owner, Steven.

“Criss what do you need? Why are you home? You’re still supposed to be at work.”

“I had to leave, personal emergency, there are two girls there though.” she said back answering his questions and preparing to get to the point. “May I be transferred to our LA location?” She spit it out quick so she wouldn’t lose her nerve.

“The personal emergency, it’s that ex of yours, William, isn’t it?” Steven knew her well. He was her best friend. He encouraged her to get into cosmetology. She moved in with him when she left William.

“Yes.” She meekly responded.

“Well I’m out here interviewing people to fill an empty chair but I think you would fill the chair better than anyone I’ve seen.” He said and she knew by his voice that he was smiling kindly. “You can stay with me until you get a place out here too. It would be good for my house because it’s empty half the time and it gets lonely.”

She smiled. “Thanks so much. I’m going to come as soon as I can pack and get stuff in order.”

“Call me when you know. For now do you want me to have Jess take you off the schedule?”

“Yes please.”

“Consider it done kid.”

“You’re a life saver Steve.”

So she ran, across the country, because she was afraid. She fought the fight that was loving William Beckett and she feared that fight now.

Maybe she should have fought.
Maybe love requires fighting.
But she was tired of fighting.
Afraid of fighting.

Flight was the only defense she had left.

Flight won.

*THE END*
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the true end I was going to leave the last part as the end but I decided that I wrote this I might as well post it.

Since I posted this I could one day post the sequel if I like it after I write it.
I'm focusing on finishing Take This To Your Grave though