Status: In progress

Love Bites

Chapter 12

hello, everyone! please read the a/n at the bottom after you finish the chapter! thanks!

Chapter 12

Alex snapped out of his daydream and realized he was still in the chief of police’s office. The man was staring at him coldly, waiting for Alex’s reaction. The vampire bit his lip. They had seen the tapes. Surely someone had already been called, and this wasn’t just a few questions they had planned. He had nowhere to run, now, why not drop the innocent act and just make a run for it?
Alex leaned forward slowly, almost chuckling when he saw the officer tense up in fear. Alex didn’t stop edging forward until they were eye to eye, the hot breath of the man touching the vampire’s face.
“You can’t prove anything,” Alex hissed.
“You’re right, not many would believe it if we came to them with this tape. However, someone does believe. And you’ve got every right to be much more scared of them than you are of us.”
Alex froze for a brief moment before relaxing and leaning back in his chair, arms folded and giving the chief an amused smirk.
“Like I need to be scared of anybody.”
He suddenly became serious. “Your kind is something the public does not need to ever know about, Mr. Gaskarth. There’s a reason it’s rare you come across them. The government does not want any evidence that there could even be such creatures in the world. You do not belong in this society, you don’t even belong in this world. These people will take care of that and see to it that you never take an innocent life in all the rest of your existence. It would be a lot easier if you went willingly, Mr. Gaskarth. Nobody has to know, and you can even tell that human you’ve been living with that you have to go away for a very long time. Besides, how long before you harm him? Before you lose control and destroy a life that means something to you? Or were you just planning on making him one of you and forcing us to take away his life as well?”
Alex had heard enough. “You can’t take me away from Jack, and you sure as HELL can’t take Jack away from me. Good luck finding us.”
He shoved away from the table, broken handcuffs dangling loosely at his wrists before he got aggravated and crushed them against a wall outside, chipping off the paint and leaving two dents where his fists had landed. He got in the driver’s seat of the car without a word, turning on the engine and peeling out of the parking lot. He needed to think, and he needed to think fast. First, he would need to pack up Jack’s stuff, and throw in a few changes of clothes for himself. He needed to erase every bit of evidence that they were living in that apartment, and be sure that nobody hears of where they’re going. Covering his tracks was going to be the hardest part. Especially now that there were telephones and pagers and faxes and just about every police car in the county would be looking for him. Maybe even across the east coast. Where would they even go?
Alex burst through the door of their apartment, not even thinking to greet Jack, just moving quickly to pick up clothes laying around and thrust them into a small dufflebag.
“Lex, what the hell is going on?”
“We have to get out of here,” Alex said quietly, moving to the bathroom to get their toothbrushes and deodorant.
“What? Why? Tell me what happened.”
The vampire didn’t say anything, he just continued to flit around the house, grabbing only what was necessary.
“Alex?”
No response.
Jack suddenly grabbed Alex by the shirt. “Fucking tell me what happened, Alex!”
The elder looked at the human agonizingly. “Please, baby, just help me pack. We have to get out of here, they know everything. We have to leave.”
Jack didn’t say anything more, just assisted Alex until they had a small bag full of necessities. Alex had gotten onto their computer and erased everything, every bit of history and information that could give any clues as to where they would go. They took photos, notes, and even took some of Jack’s important information. After quickly descending to the front of the building, Alex compelled the landlord to forget that Alex and Jack ever lived in this building, and to forget they ever had this conversation. Everything was almost complete, now they just needed to find a place to go where nobody would suspect.
As they sat outside trying to think quickly, Alex smoked a cigarette and mulled it over. They couldn’t fly, they’d catch them at the airport. They couldn’t just drive to any city, it was too risky incase the police here in Baltimore had already sent out a warrant for Alex’s arrest and detainment. Maybe even Jack’s, too. Suddenly, police sirens were in the distant. Alex judged they were about two miles out. They were almost out of time. He groaned and flicked his cigarette, preparing to pick Jack up and just make a run for it. Or at least give himself up. If he couldn’t make it out of this, he at least wanted Jack to live a normal, happy life. That was all that truly mattered to him, that Jack was going to be okay. And if he had to give himself up for that, then it would be okay, just as long as Jack was.
As the sirens neared, Jack suddenly cried out.
“What is it, baby, are you hurt?” Alex asked frantically, scooping him up into his arms.
“No, Alex, I know where to go where they’ll never find us!”
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, look, i know i keep doing this. but maybe im just not cut out for once a week updates. maybe im more of a once a month kind of person. idk. im really sorry though. i had a boyfriend, and he was great, and then he dumped me the day before my birthday, and then i've been going through a lot of family stuff and other stuff on top of that. so, i was too depressed to write for a long time. im still depressed but im trying to bring myself to it, just for you all. this is a really shitty chapter, and im sorry but guess what? i have a surprise for you all in the next chapter or so that i think everyone is gonna love hehe.

again, im sorry, please don't hate me, im honestly trying my best. sadness gives you a lot of writers block. i love you all, please COMMENT! it helps me get motivated to write, and it would make me smile to hear from you all again. bear with me, please, we can all find happiness in the greatness that is jalex! ;3 MUCH LOVE xxxxxx <3