Status: In progress

Love Bites

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

They had been stowed away for two days now, Alex sneaking out and making mad dashes for cheap fast food for Jack so that he wouldn’t go hungry. But time was running out. Alex knew that it was now or never, that the only way they’d be able to successfully escape is if they were both quick and elusive and powerful. And there was only one way that this could happen for Jack. Alex knew that this is what he wanted, he knew how much it meant to Jack. Something within him just wouldn’t let him accept that he would be taking away his lover’s vitality, his humanity. Despite how badly Jack wanted it, Alex was still having a difficult time giving in. But sneaking in and out was getting more difficult, and Jack was getting weaker and beginning to get antsy being holed away.
They had been staying in their place – the cave that Alex had shown to Jack.
And all of Jack’s pleading for the change the past few days had begun to pay off.
“Alex…I’m hungry again.”
The vampire sighed, reaching over to stroke the younger boy’s hair and pull his head into his lap.
“I know, baby, I know.”
“We can’t keep doing this forever, Lex. I feel weak and I need sunlight. A person can’t live like this. You and I both know that it needs to happen, please, I just want to be strong like you. I want to be with you forever, I want to travel the world with you and run from the law and be free and happy and invincible. Don’t you want the same for us?”
“I do, Jacky, more than anything. It’s just…hard for me. I need to know that you’re completely willing to give up everything and be with me. It’s trading your life, Jack, trading your soul to be a monster. Are you sure that you want this?” The vampire pursed his lips. “I didn’t ask for this life, Jack, and you are. There’s a difference.”
“I know, Alex, I know all of this already and all you’re doing is being redundant. Please. I can’t take any more of this life. I just want you. I want to get away. Please, Alex.”
And this was it. This was decision time. As Alex gazed into the human’s eyes, he saw it. He saw sincerity. He saw a life of everlasting companionship and devotion. He saw love, in all aspects of forever. He saw the true form of himself, the other half of his soul, the other side of himself. He loved him, he truly did. He needed the boy. And the boy needed him, for all of forever. This was it.
He took Jack’s face in his hands gingerly, kissed his lips and his palms. He murmured quietly into his ear.
“Jack, do you remember when I explained to you how this all happens?”
He nodded in reply, already prepared to partake in the first step. The first step to becoming a vampire was not merely being bitten – otherwise, Jack would’ve already become one. No, the first step was one of three. He needed to consume some of Alex’s blood.
Alex slowly bent to make a small incision in his skin to where a trickle of blood had already begun to seep out. Jack hesitantly took the vampire’s wrist and glanced up for reassurance. Alex nodded, prodding him to continue. Jack began to lap at the wound with his tongue, wrinkling his nose slightly at the taste but continuing until he was sure that he had a fair amount of the blood in his body.
He didn’t need to ask to know what the second step was. He already knew. And he also knew that this was going to be Alex’s least favorite part.
“It’s okay, Alex,” he whispered, smiling at his lover. “It has to be done.”
The vampire sucked in a breath, hands shaking slightly. He did not want to do this. He had to trust that he would come back.
“Okay, baby. I love you. I’ll see you soon.”
Make it painless and quick, Alex. Just get it over with. He won’t feel a thing. This is necessary for him to be like you.
“I trust you, Lex.”
Alex took a deep breath, taking Jack’s face in his hands once more. He smiled faintly. And with a quick turn of his wrists, Jack’s limp, lifeless body was sinking to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
WEEEE I UPDATED! I'm so sorry! But, ALAS, as I have said before, I tend to take my time with updates. I know it's short, but there's much to come. Thank you all so much for your support, it truly means the world to me. COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE UGH PLS. I think more people need to know about the beauty that is vampire Jalex. Are you pumped to find out what happens next? And yes Jack is currently dead, btw. If you watch the vampire diaries you'll understand this. Again, thanks so much you guis. I love you all, and a happy belated halloween from me and vampire alex c;;;