Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

The Beach - Emily and Jake - Present

~I typically enjoy a beautiful beach destination, as I find the water and sand to be the most replenishing.~
-Elizabeth Berkley-

Emily
*A week has passed since I last saw Jake. (Not that I’m complaining, I’m still super ticked at what he did)

*A week has gone by since I was locked in that cell. I never, ever want to go back. Now every time I go the bathroom, the door stays slightly open.

*A week has gone by, and I have been cooped up in this room, the door locked. It is only ever opened by Eva, and she only brings me food or a new book to read.
And I’m bored.

Image


I’m reading in my room, my back resting against the back board of the bed when Jake walks in, without knocking.

“Hey princess.” He says casually, hands in his jeans.

I glace up, and return to my book.

“Look, my Mother is making me take you to the beach, since she thinks I overdid the punishment.”

“Overdid it is a HUGE understatement. What you did is unforgettable, uncalled-for and UNFORGIVABLE! So you can go ask that pathetic excuse of a Barbie doll to go with you. Because I’m NOT.” I shout in my head, barely able to focus on the words in front of me.

“Thanks to you, Ashley doesn’t want to go out with me. She and her family moved back to British Columbia for a ‘new start’, and again, thanks to you. So it looks like you’re the only person available.” Jake concludes.

“Not my fault the airhead dumped you. It was only a matter of time.” I snap back mentally.

Jake glares and I mentally smile.

Point me.

“I actually liked her you know.” Jake says hurt, and I almost feel bad.

“Well, now I feel kinda bad for you. Because she is the only girl you are going to get. Ever. So why don’t you go find some pretty, dimwit girl to hit on who doesn’t want much in a guy and take her to the beach. Because I’m not going. End. Of. Conversation.” I retort back in my head.

Jake sighs. “Why do you have to make everything so hard Em? I’m trying to make up for what I did.” Jake pleads.

I had it. I put my book down and walk over to him, standing on my bed. Angry.

“Nothing you can do will make me feel better. Nothing. You know why? Because you lied to me. You said you would never use my fear against me and you did. You left me in there for 2 days Jacob! 2 freaking days! And instead of apologizing and begging for the forgiveness, which I will not give you, you just dump me somewhere, like I’m someone’s else problem. Stop treating me like a slave Jake! I may not be a vampire, but I’m sure a heck lot smarter than you! So just save your apology for someone who will believe it!” I scream in my head.

Jake exhales slowly. “Emily, just because I’m taking you to the beach doesn’t mean you can talk to me like that. I’m still you Master and should be treated as such. I’ll let your sip-ups go for today, but I may not be so merciful tomorrow.”

I roll my eyes and cross my arms. My anger is slowly dying, but I still refuse to speak. He isn’t worthy of hearing my voice.

“I’m still not going.” I say in my head.

Jake doesn’t reply, just throw me over his shoulder and walk out the door.

I give up, I’m screaming. “Jacob James Cameron, you put me down this moment!” I pound on his back, kicking furiously.

He doesn’t even flinch as we walk down the stairs and to the front door. He picks up 2 shoulder bags and the butler opens the door.

Still kicking, we head toward the limo.

“Now Emily, I’m I going to have to tranquilize you, or are you going to cooperate?” Jake asks me like I’m a 3 year old.

I’m tired anyway, so I just lay limply and Jake sets me down. All the blood rushes back to my head, and I’m dizzy for a few seconds.

Jake motions to the car and I get in. He hops in beside me and hands me a bag. The car begins to move.

I look inside and see my bathing suit that looks like my size.

“How… how’d you know this was my size?” I question.

“I measured you when you were asleep and to do that, I stripped you naked. Don’t worry, nothing happened.” Jake shrugged.

My eyes widen to the size of soccer balls. Just the thought of him touching me is… horrific.

Without thinking I punch Jake square in the arm.

“What the heck Jake! You don’t just strip someone naked to measure them in the middle of the night!” I scream at him.

He looks at me, studies my face for a few seconds and then bursts out laughing. “Your face! The look on your face was priceless!” He manages to choke out through waves of chuckles.

“I hate you, you know that?” I say, trying not to laugh myself.

That was good one.

Point him.

Jake wipes some tears from his eyes and sits up properly.

“My Mom has a slave around your size, so we just got you a bikini that size.” He told me and I nod.

------------------------------At the Beach------------------------------------------


After changing in the crappy beach bathrooms we head out ready to have fun. Jake sets up our towels and umbrella and quickly cover myself in lotion, ready to get a nice, summer tan. I glance down at my swimsuit and smile. It was super cute and I loved it.

Jake is sitting in the lawn chair beside me, and I think he’s asleep. Just when I was about to get up and take a walk, Jake got up and stood beside me.

“Sand building contest?” Jake challenges me.

“You’re on.” I say and each of us crawls over to a huge patch of sand to start building.

10 minutes later, I have a little town of sandcastles. In the middle there is a stick, as my flag.

I glace over at Jake and gasp.

It was like looking at a tiny sized sculpture of art. It was amazing.

And it made mine look like a piece of junk.

“Ha-ha! I win again Emily Thomas!” Jake brags, looking at my sandcastle.

“How… How did you do that? You always sucked at making sandcastles. When did you get good?” I ask with amazement.

We both stand up and step back.

“Ouch. I have improved thank you very much. But I see you still haven’t.” He frowns and looks at my sandcastle.

I go to kick him in the shin, but miss and end up kicking the middle of his castle.

“My master piece! Emily, you murderer!” He screams at me, and I laugh. The look on his face is priceless, and he is spazzing over a stupid piece of formed sand.

“Don’t call my baby that! You help me fix this right now!” He yells.

The beach isn’t busy, but the people who are here are looking at us strangely. I glare at them and they quickly go back to minding their own business.

Jake pulls me beside him on the ground, and he looks like he is about to cry.

Man, do I ever wish I had a camera right now.

“Here let me fix it.” I say. I put both hands on the sculpture and begin to crush it until every last building is just a pile of sand.

“Done!” I say and stand up, brushing myself off. Jake eyes are the size of CD’s and his mouth is just as wide.

“Emily! Is that what you call fixing?!” He shouts.

I brush the sand off my legs. “Yup” I say, popping the ‘p’

“That’s it, you’re in for it now.” Before I have a chance to ask, he stands up, hoists me over his shoulder.

“Jake!” I squeal. “Jake, put me down!”

“Not a chance Princess.” He said as he sprinted at a human speed to the ocean.

I was laughed as we plunged into the water, splashes of the water tickling my leg.

“Jake, you wouldn’t.” I say, once we reached the center of the “shallow” part of the ocean.

Splash!

I come on coughing, teeth chattering. I can’t believe he actually did that!

“T-t-he water i-is s-s-so cold.” I shutter, my teeth chattering a mile a second.

“I-i-is i-it no-no-now?” Jake mocks, coping my motions.

I glare at him, and soak in water in a single splash.

“You really want to go there princess?” He asks, a certain gleam of mischief in his eyes.

“I’m ready when you are Jacob Cameron.” I respond.

“When you play with fire…” Jake sends a huge wave of water towards me, almost knocking me over. “…You’re only going to get burned.” He says, moving backwards.

“Not if I have a fire extinguisher.” I snap, splashing him. Jake spits out some water, and I giggle.

Point me.

For 10 minutes we happily play, just like we used to when we were kids. Except the whole time we were insulting each other and throwing comebacks back and forth.

Summer, sunshine and sassy remarks.

Mix it all together and you’ve got a perfect summer day.

Image


“Don’t swim out to far!” Jake warned as a swam backwards.

“I can swim Jake! Have a little faith!” I yell back at him, still kicking backwards.

“Seriously Emily, can you even stand there?!” Prince Talks-A-Lot called.

I sat up, floating above the water.

“Nope, but look, I’m doing such a fine job of floating. Jealous?” I ask.

Even from here I can hear Jake snort. “Hardly. My Mom would kill me if you drowned. And I would prefer to stay alive.” He responds.

I roll my eyes and float backwards, purposely putting me ears underwater so I can’t hear him go on and on about me dyeing, me drowning, me being a terrible swimmer.

I go to stand up, but the ground in far from under my feet. I submerge underwater, kicking fiercely.

“Jake! Jake I can’t stand here!” I manage to scream out before the water claims me again.

The ocean tide has picked up, and the merciless waves crash down on me, sending me farther under.

Jake

I watch Emily go under with the waves, waiting for her to pop back up. But she never does.

10 seconds go by.

Then 20.

By now I’m swimming, easily fighting the waves towards Emily. The water is rougher here, and am surprised she was able to swim.

I stop for a moment, looking for any signs of her, but I see nothing but the dark blue water.

“Crap.” I mutter and plunge under the water, opening my eyes.

Was I ever thankful for being a vampire. Salt water didn’t affect vampires and I scanned the ocean for her.

I finally got a glimpse of her chocolate brown curls and (underwater) swam to get her, pulling her by hair.

With one arm, I hold her weak body above the water and with the other swim back towards shore. Since this is a human beach, I can’t risk anyone figuring out my kind, so I come back at a human pace.

As soon as I am on the sandy shore I place her body gently and read her mind.

It’s blank.

I peer into her closes eyes, my face hovering above hers.

I gently press on her stomach and a mouthful of water squirts directly at my face, followed by laughter.

Emily


I can’t stop laughing, this whole situation is so darn funny! Jake looks confused, and that only makes me laugh harder. He fell for it and good!

“Emily, I’m giving you about 2 seconds to explain what the heck just happened.” Jake is deadly calm but his eyes twinkle with praise.

He never thought I could pull off a prank like that, and I just proved him wrong.

“I have been to this beach once on a Track and Field trip in grade 8. It was out last full day and our coach let us hang at the beach. The waves near those rocks...” I point and Jake’s eyes follow my fingers. “…Are always moving. I knew if I swam around there, you would believe I slipped under. I did. Just not accidently.” I pause, letting all that information soak in and then continue. “Are there any questions?”

Jake opened and closes his moth 3 times then finally said. “How did you hold your breath for so long? You were under for a good 30 seconds if not more. Most humans would have been almost dead.”

“Oh that? I can hold my breath for a minute and a half. Not sure how though. I have never really practised. It just comes naturally.” I respond honestly.

“What about keeping your mind blank? You could never do that?!” Jake cried. My eyes narrowed and I threw a fist full of sand at him.

“1st, stay out of my head! 2nd, I just thought of the color white and nothing else. The prank wouldn’t work out if I didn’t do it properly.” I burst out in giggles, and Jake rolls his eyes with a small smile on his face.

Jake


Who knew Emily could pull a prank like that? The kid had sure grown since I had last seen her in grade 9.

“Alright, I’ve had enough of the beach. You? Good. Let’s head out. I’ll tell Charles to make salmon.” I help Emily up and we pack up our gear.

“I hate salmon though.” She says, wrinkling her nose.

“I know. That’s why I’m getting it.”

Emily


The car ride was quiet, but just as we were pulling in Jake turns to me, looking uneasy.

“Emily, I just want to tell you that I’m sorry about the whole cellar thing. I may be an unfair master and a hater of humans, but it was unfair of me to use your fear against you. I promised years ago and from now on, I promise to keep that oath. I know it will be hard, but somehow, could you please come to forgive me?”

I’m shocked.

I didn’t even know Jake was capable of apologizing.

“Jake, I don’t even know what to say. Thank you for saying that. And…” I took a deep breath, an exhaled slowly. “I accept your apology. It will be hard to forget, but I forgive you.”

I feel like a huge weight had been lifted off of me after I said those few words. I was super mad at Jake, but now? Now I just want to move past this.

“Besides, holding grudges is a waste of time and energy.” I say, and Jake smiles.

“So, what are you having for supper?” Jake asks as he helps me out of the car.

“Spaghetti à la sauce à la crème de crevettes.” I reply in French.

“Oooooooo, sounds exotic.” Jake comment as we walk to the front door.

“It’s French dimwit.” I reply, rolling my eyes.

“Oh, and what is that French for?” He asks.

I mutter “idiot” under my breath and answer. “It means Spaghetti with shrimp and a cream sauce. Didn’t you pay any attention in French?” I ask, as he opens the door and we both step inside.

“Nope. Didn’t see a point since I wasn’t moving to Paris anytime soon.” Jake replies.

I roll my eyes. For someone who is going to live forever, you’d think they would know more than 1 language.

Jake puts his arms around my shoulders as we walk towards the kitchen.

“I had fun today Princess.”

“Me too. Next time, I’ll win the sand building contest.”

Jake chuckles, and I smile.

“Good luck, because you’re going to need it.” He says.

“You think I’m going to lose?” I glare at him playfully.

“I know you’re going to lose.”

“Wanna bet?”

“You’re on.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all the people who have subscribed! I didn't thank you earlier and I just wanted to now! :)