Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

The Party was the Worst Night of my Life - Emily - Present

~I can't let one bad experience effect the way I live the rest of my life.~
-Unknown-

I watched as Jake sat up, water dripping out of his mouth. His eyes were dark black, furious, but as soon as he saw me, he arched any eyebrow and his eyes returned to their normal color.

I was rolling on the floor with laughter. I had finally got Jake back! Pouring freezing cold water on him was so fun!

“Really Emily? How old are you?” Jake ask, as he climbs out of bed.

“Older… than.. you.” I gasp out between laughs.

Jake is only wearing a pair of shorts, so his 6 pack is clear as day. I stop giggling, staring at Jake’s chest. He was super fit, and kind-of hot.

“You really think I’m hot princess?” He asks as he walks towards his closet.

“I.. um… it’s…um.” I stutter, my cheeks heating up with embarrassment. I hate mind readers!

I get up and snatch the shirt Jake was about to wear.

“Hey! Give that back!” Jake called after me. But I was already running down the halls.

I narrowly avoided people in the hallway as I sprint towards the kitchen, Jake closely behind me.

“Run, run as fast as you can! You can’t catch me, I’m the Ginger Bread Man!” I scream, looking behind me.

Jake laughs and picks up the space. I scream and turn the corner fast, only to smash into someone, resulting in me falling on my butt.

“Sorry.” I mutter, looking into the strangers face.

He had raven black hair perfectly combed to the left and snow white teeth. His eyes were brownish-grey and his face held a look of annoyance.

“Watch where you’re going you stupid creature! You could have killed me!” The man snaps, straightening his perfectly white shirt.

“Sorry.” I apologize, standing up.

“Sorry doesn’t cover it you stupid, rude bit-” He starts to say.

“You really want to finish that sentence?” Jake asks, stepping behind me. He puts one arm around my waist pulling me towards him. For once, I don’t refuse. The stranger makes me feel unsafe.

“Good morning cousin. I see you got a new slave. What is she doing running through the halls like a wild boar?” Jake’s cousin demands.

I watch Jake’s eyes narrow and his hold around me tightens. “None of your concern Ben. Now if you don’t mind, I have better things to do than talk to you.” Jake retorts and drags me out of the hallway and away from Ben.

“Man, do I ever hate the guy.” Jake curses.

“He seems like a jerk. What’s his problem?” I ask, as we enter the kitchen.

“He things he can do whatever he wants since he is next in line for the crown, after me of course. His ego is the size of North America.”

I nod as we take seats at the small dining table in the kitchen. French Toast platters are placed in front of us. I smile and thank the maid and begin to eat.

“I hate to admit it, but I agree. I thought no one was worse than you, but I was wrong.”

Jake nudges me lightly, and I smile. For the past week we have gotten along.

We went to the movies,(I made Jake watch a chick flick, and it was so funny watching him barely able to sit still threw it!) roller-skating (where I somehow managed to trip over myself and Jake, leading to everyone on skates ending up on the floor), golfing (one word, BORING. I got so bored I started aiming at Jake, and soon we were fencing with the clubs. We got banned for a year, since we broke both clubs), swimming (Jake made me wear a life jacket the whole time. And we were at a public pool!) and to top it off, he took me to the carnival (we stayed for the whole day. I won so many stuffed animals and prizes and all Jake won was a kid sized lollypop!)

“Morning you 2. Glad to see you both up and happy.” Michelle says, walking in with a cup of coffee.

“Morning Michelle.” I answer, taking a sip of juice.

“Mom, what the heck is Ben doing here!?” Jake demands, getting right to the point.

“Morning to you to son. And Ben and his whole family are here for the annual Crystal Light Ball.” Michelle explains calmly, stirring her coffee in her mug.

“Mom you can’t be serious?! Ben was about to take Emily’s head off the morning, and she didn’t even do anything. Imagine what he would so if she gave him one sassy remark!” Jake shouted.

I nodded. “It’s true. Ben did look like he wanted to punish me.” I add.

“Hmm. I talk to Ben and his parents, informing them of how we treat our slaves. I especially talk to Ben to make sure he doesn’t do anything to hurt Emily.” Michelle promises and leaves the kitchen. She pauses at the door, “And Jake? Put a shirt on.”

I laugh and Jake snatches his no wrinkled shirt on. “Thanks a lot Em.” Jake mutters, looking down at his messy shirt.

“No problem Jake. I’m always here to give you a helping hand.” I reply, then burst into giggles.

Image


“So, what’s on the agenda today?” I ask Jake as we walk back to my room.

“It mainly consist of avoiding my obnoxiously annoying cousin and my stressed out parents.” Jake replied as we weaved our way through the hallway which was crowded by people.

It seemed like every single family member of royal family was here and in the hallway making their way to the massive dining room. I was so glad that Jake and I ate earlier.

“So what is the Crystal Light Ball?” I ask, as he opens his bedroom door.

“It’s an annual dance where all the vampires of Canada come for the evening. It starts around 6, after supper, and ends at 12. Every vampire who’s anyone goes, any plans you have, cancel them. It is one of the few get-togethers that include the whole race.” Jake answers.

We are now lying on his gigantic bed staring at the cream colored ceiling.

“Oh. So I’m guessing I have to go?” I ask.

“Yep. You’ll be my date, since I don’t have on.” Jake replies.

“Remember what happened last time I was your date?” I inquire, sitting up.

“Yes. And Ashley won’t be attending.” Jake notices my arched eyebrow and continues, “She and her family our on a mission trip in Haiti. After what you said to her, she decided to change. She now helps out in an orphanage in Haiti, she runs the volunteer part of a pet shelter and ditched her old snotty friends and made new ones.”

I jump off the bed extremely happy. “Ha-ha Jacob Cameron! I knew I was right about her. All she needed was a push in the right direction.” I shout, doing a victory dance.

Point me.

“Whatever princess. You were right. I will come to you first so that you can approve of my future girlfriends.” He says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes.

“Hey, before the Ball starts, can we head to the game room? I’m dying to play some air hockey.” I beg.

Jake gets up and is already at the door.

“Loser has to admit that the other person is the best air hockey player in the world in front of everyone at the ball.” Jake says.

I nod.

I was ready for the vampire world know not to mess with Emily Thomas at air-hockey.

Image


We played.

We laughed.

We had fun.

But I won.

And now the whole world is going to know it.

“You know, I still think you cheated.” Jake says as we walk towards the dressing room.

“Aw, is someone a poor loser? Or just a loser in general?” I tease him using a high, baby voice.

He pushes me lightly into the wall.

“Whatever Em. I want a rematch tomorrow, and this time try not to cheat.” Jake snaps back.

He pushes me into the dressing room before I have a chance to say anything back.

Image

I’m extremely nervous. I pat down my beautiful dress and fix my sliver mask with my long silver gloves.

I’m waiting in line with the other couples, who are wearing the most gorgeous dresses I have ever seen.

“Would you quit fighting? You’re going to get sweat all over that new dress.” Jakes hisses in my ear.

Of course, I get stuck waiting with Jake at the back of the line.

The King and Queen are announced first and the Prince and his date go last.

“Well sore-ry if I’m a little nervous your Royal Majesty. I have never been to a dance and I’m afraid to mess up. What if I trip on the stairs? Or step on your toe while were dancing? I don’t want to look like a fool!” I whisper harshly to Jake.

“And what about me?” He comments back.

“Well that’s your problem.” I shrug, and the line moves forward a few people.

I can just see the outline of the ballroom and so far it looks great. The old butler announces another name and more people clap politely

Too soon we get to the front of the line.

“Introducing Prince Jacob and his date, Miss. Emily.” The butler called.

People clapped louder for Jake and I. I felt my cheeks going red as Jake took my hand and led me down the stairs.

Somehow I managed not to slip once, but it did help that Jake had a steady hold on my hand. We walked until we reached the middle of the ballroom.

Music started to immediately play and Jake placed one hand just under my left shoulder blade. I hesitantly put my free hand on his shoulder and we began to slowly dance around the room.

I looked down at my feet, stumbling a little. Jake gently squeezed my hand and I look up at him.

“Just keep your eyes glued to mine princess. And everything will be fine, ok?” He whispers, just loud enough for me to hear.

I slightly nod, and for the rest of the song, I just watch him. The rest of the dance comes easily, naturally.

More dancers join us over time, but I pay no attention to them. My eyes are lost in Jake’s and we waltz without a care. It just felt so right.

It was a magical moment. It was like timed stopped and all there was in the world, was me and Jake.

I was the first to pull away from him, since a new song and it was more upbeat.

“I’m going to get a drink.” I say, as gently remove Jake’s hands from my body. He nods, and I turn around and walk. I hear his friend Ethan drag him away to another place.

I reach the food table, but to my dismay, the only drinks there are blood. “Seriously?” I mutter. But just seeing the blood took away my appetite pretty fast.

“Hello. Have we met?” A stranger asks behind me.

I turn and see and am shocked. Someone other than Jake , Michelle and maybe Chris were going to talk to me at this ball?!

“Um… I don’t think so. This is my first ball.” I reply.

He is quite handsome, despite half of his face being covered by a mask. His is golden yellow and his eyes look stormy blue. He is around the same height Jake is.

“Well Miss, I saw your beauty from afar and I was wondering if you would do me the honour of waltzing with me?” He asked, bowing slightly.

I blushed like mad. I was a sucker for the romantic guys at balls. So I agreed.

He led me to the dance floor and we waltzed very close together. A little too close, but his grip was tight, so I couldn’t separate myself from his grasp.

“So, might I know your name Mademoiselle?” He whispers into my ear.

“He has a really luring voice.” I thought dreamily.

“My name is Emily. And might I know yours?” I ask.

“Derek. Derek von Tassel.” He replied. I nodded.

As we danced, we made small talk. He made me laugh. And he didn’t comment on the whole “I’m a human” thing.

We stayed in the same position for the next 3 songs, until I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned and saw a slightly angry Jake waiting there behind me.

“Mind if I borrow her for a second?” Jake asks through clenched teeth.

I mumble an apology to Derek and walk away with Jake.

“What the heck do you think you are doing?! I was having a nice time until you decided to pull me away. I am allowed to have fun you know!” I hissed at the Prince when we were on the outskirts of the crowd.

“I just want you to be careful, that’s all. There are some creepy vampires in this kingdom, and I don’t want you to get hurt, okay?” Jake replied with concern in his voice.

My annoyance disappeared, and my hand pats Jake’s shoulder lightly. “Thanks, but I can look out for myself. Besides, it’s not like I’m talking to Ben. Speaking of him, have you seen him?” I asked.

Jake shook his head.

“Nope. But I’m going to go look for him right now.” Jake walked off, and I headed in the direction of where Derek was. Except he was not there.

I walked around the massive ballroom, looking for Derek, but he is nowhere to be found.

I sign, why is it that the first person I have talked to in weeks that I didn’t hate at first (excluding Eva and Charles) disappear into thin air?

I turn to find Jake but I bump into Mr. Vanishing Show.

“Oh, excusez-moi Mademoiselle.” His voice says.

I arch an eyebrow and see Derek smiling back at me.

“Where did you go? I was looking you for everywhere and thought you had ditched me.” I ask, hands on my hips, leaning slightly to the right.

“You missed me? I’m touched. Now come with me, there is something I want to show you.” Derek held his hand out and I took it uncertainly. I knew I shouldn’t trust someone so easily…

“Just wait a moment okay? I just need to tell Jake and then we can go.” I reply, taking my hand out of his.
Jake would have a massive spaz attack if he find out I was leaving and he didn’t know where I was.

“We’ll only be gone for a few minutes and we’ll be really close to the ballroom. Besides, I’ve heard that your almost a black belt in karate, so you could take me down easily if I tried anything.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd before I had a chance to say anything more.

He quickly pulled me out of the ballroom and into a hallway. “Where are we going?” I ask, getting a little uneasy.

Dark halls and strangers never met anything good.

“Oh, you’ll see little Emily.” Derek responds mysteriously as he pulls me into a room.

I trip and fall flat on my face. I turn just in time to see Derek close and lock the door.

“Derek! What the heck?!” I push myself off the floor and glare at him.

“You’re a human and I’m a vampire. Your kind is meant to be ruled and taken advantage of. And that is exactly what I’m about to do.” His lips crashed into mine, stunning me for a second. But only a second.

I swing my right fist into his temple, making him fall back. “Stay away from me you creep!” I scream at him.

I push past him and my hand just touches the doorknob when Derek grabs me around the waist and holds me back.

“We aren’t done yet sugar.” He whispers into my ear.

My eyes widen and I struggle more to get away from him. In my times of panic, myself defense skills seem to fail me. Helpful huh?

He flips me so that I’m facing him and pushes me up against the wall. He attacks my lips furiously, trying to get his tongue inside my mouth. I don’t grant him access and I can tell that he is getting angry.

His hands pinch my side and I gasp, and he shoves his tongue into my mouth. I struggle to free myself, but he has a tight hold upon me.

“Jake! Jake, please I need your help! Derek is trying to rape me. I don’t know exactly where we are but we are around 3 hallways from the ballroom! Come quickly, please!” I scream inside my head, for once grateful that Jake was a mind reader.

Derek’s hands move to the back of the my dress and in one quick movement, my dress is ripped and on the floor. I’m left standing there in my bra and panties.

I repeat the message over and over to Jake, praying that he isn’t thinking I’m playing a practical joke and comes to help me. I wrestle with Derek, and with a punch to the jaw, I finally get him away from me.

“Please, someone help me!” I scream as loud as I can, but a second later I’m doubling over in pain.

Derek puts his fist down, standing over me in triumph. “Now, you are going to act like a good like a good little slave girl, or am I going to have to punch you again?” Derek taunts.

I close my eyes shut, just wanting to block him out. I feel tears start to brim in my eyes, but I won’t give him the pleasure of seeing me cry.

I clutch my stomach tighter, wrapping my arms around it protectively.

A moment later the door is slammed open, despite it being locked.

“That is not how you treat a lady Derek. And to think I thought you had manners.” I hear a familiar voice say.

I look up and see Jake looking murderously at my former date.

“Um, hey dude. I was just… um… you see-” Derek mumbles, his eyes wide in fear.

“You know what I see? I see you trying to rape an innocent 17 year old girl. I see you taking advantage of someone. And I see your ace getting kicked to New Jersey if you don’t get out of here right now.” Jake says, dangerously calm.

Derek doesn’t need to be told twice and he scurries out of here fast.

I get off the floor and run into Jake’s arms. “I-I thought you weren’t going to come. I thought I was g-going to b-be r-r-raped.” I say though sobs.

Jake makes no move to comfort me, instead he moves my face so that I’m looking him in the eye. “My dear Emily, what gives you the impression that I’m here to save you? After all, your just a weak little human.” Jake pointed out.

I’m shocked. Where did this all come from?

I slowly pull my arms away from him, backing up slowly.

“And you thought I actually cared about you?! You thought that I could ever come to love a weak, ugly human that is below me? You were wrong. I only did what I had to do to get you to trust me. And you fell into my trap. Hard.”

Jake evilly smirks, and turns to lock the door.

“Jake, you’re lying. You’re pulling a prank. Please anything. Please tell me you’re lying. Please.” I beg, still backing up.

“No princess. I’m about to take away your innocence you slowly and painfully. And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.” Jake sneers.

My back hits the wall and I turn slightly. Crap.

Jake gets closer slowly and I scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Emily. :(