Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

Anything for you - Emily - Past

~Once upon a time something happened to me. It was the sweetest thing that ever could be…. a fantasy, a dream come true! It was the day I met you!!~
-Unknown-

I watch from the playground as Jake came racing out, as fast as his 7 year old legs could carry him.

“Hey… Em. Sorry… Miss. Lee held… us in for…. Being loud.” My friend explained in-between deep breaths.

I nod and smile.

Mrs. Lee was the strictest grade 2 teacher in the world.

“Alright the first one to touch the fence wins.” With the words said, I sprint towards the fence, leaving Jake in the dust.

“Hey!” He called after me, racing to catch up.

But I had a huge head start.

I leaned against the back of the gate waiting for him. A moment later he was right in front of me.

“Not fair Em. You had a head start.” Jake complains.

“Fine, lets rematch to the slide on 3. 1, 2, 3!” We both race as fast as our young legs would carry us.

We were side by side at the start, but Jake starts to slip behind, ending up in me winning.

“Jake! You let me win!” I yell at him as soon as my hand touches the hot metal slide.

“No I didn’t.” He is quick to say.

“Yes, you did!” I argue back.

“Alright Em, you caught me. I let you win. But I knew how much winning means to you. I would do anything for you.” He says.

I arch both my eyebrows. “Really?” I ask, disbelieving.

“Yep.” He answers, popping the ‘p’.

“Okay. Would you climb up the slides? Backwards?” I ask.

He nods, eager to do the task. He climbs the slide with difficulty, the hot metal burning his hands. He finally gets to the top and grins down at me with triumph.

“Okay Smarty Pants. Would you…. Would you hang upside down from the monkey bars for me?” I ask, sure we won’t do it.

But in a few seconds later he’s hanging, smirking at me.

“Anything else?” He asked grinning.

“Would you… Would you kiss me?” I asked.

Being my 5 year old self, boys kissing girls wasn’t a sin in my mind, just gross. I was 100% sure he wouldn’t.

I was quite close to him, just underneath his hanging figure when he reached out and kissed me lightly on the lips. I was in pure shock.

What had just happened?!

He swung himself down and plopped gently beside me. “I told you Em, I would do anything for you.” He replied simply.

Before I could respond a loud buzz echoed around the school, signalling for the end of recess.

Jake grabbed my hand and hand-in-hand we walked towards the building.

“I guess you would do anything for me.” I admit, sheepishly.

“I would Em. You know why? Because you’re my best friend.” He says, and he is proud to admit it.

“You’re my best friend too Jake. And I would do anything for you as well.” I respond.

“Really?”

“Really.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Young love, how cute;)