Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

Betrayal - Emily, Jake and Ben - Present. (Not New Chapter. Read Author's Notes)

~“The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.”~
-Heather Brewer-

~Emily~


It was dark, pitch black. I thought I was dead and I wished I was. My best friend had just done the unspeakable, something I thought he would never do. I felt betrayed, hurt and most of all angry.

Angry at him for doing this to me.

Angry at life for being so unfair.

But mostly angry at myself for letting him into my life again. I let him become my friend. I let him take me to the beach, to the carnival, to the pool. I let myself fall for that charming smirk and annoyingly cute personality.

How could I fall for it again?

Just like in Katy Perry’s song Wide Awake, he was my cradle, holding me so that I wouldn’t fall. Then, just like that he dumped me out, leaving me to fall hard on the concrete.

I feel droplets of water run down my cheeks, painfully slow. He wasn’t worth my tears but yet I was crying.

I slowly open my tear soaked eyes and the bright sunshine glowed into them. As my eyes slowly adjusted to the light, I glanced down and saw Jake’s arm tightly wrapped around my waist.
I glared at it and if I had lasers in my eyes, it would be on fire.

“Really Em? That is no way to treat you master now is it?” Jake whispered into my ear, and I knew his infamous smile was upon his lips.

“It is the way to treat a back stabbing liar who raped his former best friend.” I snap, pushing his arm away. I wanted to be as far away as possible from that monster.
“Leave me alone Jake. I want nothing to do with you ever again.” I push off the bed and stand up on wobbly legs. I take a painful step forward only to face plant on the ground. The inside of my legs hurt so much, it was almost unbearable.

~Ben~


Seeing Emily trying to crawl her way to the bathroom like a worm was hilarious. The stupid human was hurting so much, she couldn’t even stand. I had done my job.

I glanced at the window and faintly saw Jake’s reflection. I was still in “his” body, but not for long. My power’s had limits, and if I didn’t shape shift back soon, I could be stuck in this hideous body forever.

“Emily, dear, would you like some help?” I ask, fake sweetness etched in my voice.

“No thanks. You’ve done enough.” She snapped bitterly, her face full of unquestionable rage.

“O-kay. But don’t say I didn’t offer.” I throw the bedcovers back and stride across the room to get my robe.

“Ben, Jake will be waking up soon.” Jonny mentally said in my mind. I physically nodded.
I just loved his power. He had also alerted me when Emily had woken up so I could “read her mind” like Jake would.

I glance over at the girl and saw that she was almost no closer to the bathroom then before. I roll my eyes and walk into the bathroom to return with 2 red pills and a small glass of water. “Swallow these.” I say, offering no further explanation.

She glares at me and gradually pulls herself up into a sitting position, not bothering to cover her naked body. I had seen it all anyway.
She snatched the pills out of my hand, but only looked at them carefully.

“I didn’t do anything to them Em. Just swallow them before I decide to take my offer back.” I slowly move my hand towards the pills but Emily pops them into her mouth and swallows without the water.

Her strength returns quickly because in a few short paces she is in the bathroom with the door locked tight.

I chuckle. Human girls were so predictable.

~Emily~


I turned the water up higher and higher until I could no longer stand the heat. I scrubbed my entire body, (especially my private parts) in the extremely hot water, not wanting any trace of him on me.
I used a generous amount of shampoo and conditioner for my hair since it had never felt so dirty.
After I was sure every inch of my skin had been scrubbed, I stepped out of the bathroom, a fluffy white tower wrapped tightly around my body.

I found a new outfit laid neatly on the bed with a note.

Put this on and then meet me downstairs in the kitchen. Love you Master, Jake.

Throwing the note aside, I slipped into the outfit and exited the room.

~Jake~


I woke up groaning, my vision filled with blinking black dots. “What the heck did I do last night?” I mutter to myself as my vision finally came into focus.
I blink away the last of the blurriness and I find myself in a guest bedroom. And judging by the amount of dust on the furniture, it’s safe to say that this room hasn’t been used in years.

I glance down and find myself still wearing the same clothes from last night. As I stare at my wrinkly dress pants the memories from last night fill into my mind and powerful emotions take over.

Anger.

Betrayal.

Fear.

I had to find Emily and make sure she was alright. Then I needed to locate my cousin and rip his head off.
I leaped from the old bed and rushed to the door. I needed to find Emily because nothing else mattered more at the moment.

~Ben~


“Jake is up and heading your way.” Jonny warned mentally. I nodded as I handed Emily her bowl of cereal.

“Stay here girl. I’ll be back soon.” I say to her. I pretend not to see her roll her eyes as she takes a bite of her breakfast.

I almost jogged out of the room and back to my own guest bedroom to shape shift into myself. I sigh in contentment, since I just loved my body.

I shrug out of my robe and jump into the shower knowing that I had a limited amount of time to get clean.

~Jake~


I burst into the kitchen, Emily’s scent leading me there. I spot her at the dining room table and use my vampire speed to zip over to her. “Emily! Are you alright?” I ask, taking a seat beside her.

She jumps, startled. “What?” She asks, clearly confused.

“Are you okay? Last night you sent me a message mentally saying that Derek was about to rape you. I couldn’t get there fast enough, I’m so sor-” I start to apologize, but Emily cuts me off.

“Don’t even try to apologize. You were there and it was you who raped me in the end. I hate you Jacob Cameron and what you did was unforgivable.” She snaps at me, picking up her bowl of Cherrios. She dumps it onto my head, leaving me covered in milk and oats.

“How could you do that to me Jake? You, my best friend? I trusted you. But don’t worry, I’m never going to make that mistake ever again.” She runs out of the room and I know she is crying.

A maid comes towards me, her hands full with paper towel. “Here sir.” She hands me it and leaves.
I take it slowly and dab at the milk, my thoughts revolving around Emily.
I had raped her? No way, I would never do that. Sure, I had taken a lot of other women’s virginity, but it had never even crossed my mind to take hers.

We were finally getting along and then that stupid party just had to happen.

Speaking of which, I needed to find that no good rat of a cousin.

~Ben~


I had just closed the bedroom door when I was thrown into the far wall, which was at least 30 feet away.

“I’m only going to ask you this once. What did you do to Emily?” My cousin demands, picking me up by my shirt’s collar.

“Who?” I ask dumbly.

This only infuriates him more.

“Do not play dumb with me Ben. I know that you poisoned my drink last night and I know that you and Derek did something to Emily too. Now I’m giving you one chance to tell me what happened.” He spits in to my face, eyes black with hatred.

“Cousin, I have done you a huge favor. So you should be thanking me, not throwing me into walls.” I say, a smirk starting to form on my face.

“What did you do? Stop dodging the freaken question and just answer it!” Jake gives me a god shake, and I fight the urge to punch him.

“Why tell when you can show?” As soon as the words leave my lips, I replay everything that has happened since I had entered the ballroom last night.

~Jake~


I drop Ben to his feet as he replays what happened last night. I see Ben shape-shifting into someone named Derek, someone who doesn’t even exist. I see him tricking Emily, tricking me.

I stare into my cousin’s cold brown eyes as he shows me more of what happened. I see him putting poison into my drink, I saw him dragging Emily away and then putting his hands all over her. I saw “myself” coming in and then the scene I never wanted to see.

Myself raping the girl I cared about.

Her screams were so real, her pain almost touchable and her anger towards me felt like an ocean wave pushing me towards the black sand underneath.

The memories stopped, and Ben was right in front of me, smirking. “I broke her last night. Made it look like you had just raped her. She doesn’t trust you and probably never will. So good luck trying to make her fall in love with you.” He says.

“What? H-h-how did you know I had feeling for her?” I ask.

“You make it too obvious. The way you treat her differently than all the other slaves you had, the way you look at her, touch her. Even when you talk about her, your eyes light up like the 1st of July. Humans and vampires can never be together. It’s the law. I just helped you remember that.” He replies simply.

“No, what you did is a rape a defenseless human girl and made me look like the bad guy. What you did is anger me to the point I want to rip your head off. What you did was make it so that Emily will never trust me again. And that my friend, is unforgivable.” I lunge at my cousin, fist colliding with his nose.

He ducks my next attempt and spins out of the way before I can hit him again.

Suddenly a green oval portal appears out of nowhere and my cousin steps through it. Just before he completely disappears he says, “This has been fun cousin. But I have to go. And oh, good luck trying to get Emily to believe you.” With that he disappears, the portal with him.

~Emily~


I run blindly though the halls, my eyes too watery with tears to see properly.

I crash into someone but I am sobbing too hard to apologize. “Emily dear? Is that you?” A gentle voice asks.

I look up and see Michelle bending over me with deep concern. “Come on dear, let’s go talk in my office.” She helps me up and we walk to her office and she closes the door while I take a seat.

“Now before you say anything, I think I know what this is about.” Michelle says handing me a cup of hot chocolate. Where it came from, no clue. But I didn’t have time to ask before Michelle launched into her next sentence.

“Jake and I had agreed to tell you about it together, but I guess I’ll have to do it alone since my son is unavailable at the moment.” She says.

“Wh-what do you mean?” I ask, wiping the tears away with the sleeve of my sweater.

“It’s time I told you a secret that my son, your family and I have been keeping for years."
♠ ♠ ♠
Some how I managed to delete chapter 9 and when you look at the story from the beginning, there is a chunk of it missing. And it doesn't make sense, nor does it flow properly. So I'll be fixing that by moving each chapter down. (Fun huh?)

But while I have your attention, what do you think of the new story layout? The old one wasn't working for me and this one is much better.

I will be posting the next chapter either later today or tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and for understanding guys, I really appreciate it.