Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

Childhood Memories - Jake - Present (Part 1)

~Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.~
-Buddha-




I sat down on my bed my head in my hands wondering how on earth I was going to fix this. Emily believed I had raped her the other night and I had no idea how I was going to convince her otherwise. No body I knew had the power to transfer thoughts or even images, so I couldn’t convince her that way. I was just going to have to plead my case and pray that Emily believed me.

Image


I gently knocked on her door, afraid I would break it if I knocked any louder. The second she saw me, her face turned to pure hatred and she slammed the door so hard it started to vibrate.

“Emily, please I just want to talk?” I say, desperate. “About what? Last night?” She mocks. I sigh. “Please Emily. Just let me come in and explain.” I beg. “Whatever you have to say, you can say in out here.” She says.

Even though it’s a narrow window of opportunity, it’s a window.

“I know you believe that I was the one who raped you. And I know it looks that way. But I promise you, it wasn’t me.” I say which is followed by a length of silence. “Then who was it then?” She asks so quietly a human could have easily missed it. “Ben.” My voice grows hard and cold at the name. “He has the power to shape shift into person he likes for a long period of time. He was Derek as well.” I say. “That son of a-” Emily doesn’t finish her sentence since she doesn’t believe in cursing.

“Can I come in now?” I ask and the door is opened before I even finish my sentence. “I’ll let you in. But you need to explain everything you know about Derek and Ben.”

As soon as our butts hit her bed I explain everything from what Ben showed me mentally to how his powered worked. Emily nodded and asked the occasion question but other than that she didn’t say much. When I finally stopped talking she did something I think both surprised us.

She hugged me. And she didn’t let go for a good minute. Of course I hugged her back, happy to have her trust again. “I’m glad it wasn’t you Jake. I’m so glad it wasn’t you.” She mumbled into my shoulder. “Me too.” I mutter back.

Image


It had been a few days and I and Emily were back to normal. Well as normal as it can get. We started teasing each other again (although her comebacks were exceedingly better than mine) and just being friends.

But as much as she tried to hide it, I could sense a lingering sadness. One that wouldn’t just go away. We both knew what it was and neither of us wanted to discuss.

So after a little planning (and a little help from my mother) I composed a plan, something that was bound to make Emily smile like she just won the lottery.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Long time no update huh? Sorry for the short update, more is soon to come!

And I want to thank all the people who have done something for this story whether you have commented, subscribed or recommended, I want to thank you. It means a lot to me.