Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

An Idea – Michelle - Past

~That strong mother doesn't tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in.~
-Lauryn Hill-

I watched disappointed as my son walked out of the room. That was his 3rd slave in the past month he has killed. I feel like he is slipping into his own dark, little world, and I miss the son who use to think that humans were equal and that everyone should respect them. I miss the son that I loved talking to about life and the future and now all our conversations are about his past behavior or some stupid video game.

I sign and pick up my phone calling a number.

“Yes?” One of my maids answers.

“Could you please bring me up a cup of tea? Surprise me with the flavor.” I say into the phone and hang up.

I run my hand through my hair, thinking of my son again. I loved him so much, but he was making such poor choices, I didn’t know what to do. I was so lost in my thoughts I almost didn’t realize the soft knock on my door.

“Come in.” I call.

Eva stepped in, curtsies, and handed me my tea. I smiled at the young girl, and sensed that she was happy. I was glad. Humans have feelings and they deserve respect and kindness.

“Is that all ma’am?” She asks politely.

“Yes, thanks for the tea. Earl Grey right?”

She nods, curtsies and silently leaves.

I sip the liquid, loving the feeling of the hot liquid between my taste buds.
Even though a vampire’s diet mainly consist of blood (human or animal – I preferred animal), we could still consume human foods and actually taste them. I just loved chocolate cake, with extra icing.
I was thinking about food when someone knocked on my door.

“Excuse me ma’am.” Eva said as she entered and curtsied.

“Yes, what is it Eva?” I ask.

“Sorry to bother you ma’am, but your husband wanted me to remind you that the Prince has a dinner party coming up and he needs a dinner date.” She said looking at the floor.

I nodded and dismissed her.

The news had just worsted my mood. I’m usually a happy person, but this news clouded my mood/ Now I had to find my son a new servant in just a few days!

I grabbed my laptop and started going through photos when I saw one of Emily and Jake when they were kids. They were having a water gun fight, both of them laughing in the summer sun.

Jake was still a very young vampire, so he had barely any vampire powers. In fact I think Emily was faster than him. I chuckle at the memory, my eyes studying Emily.

What had been going on in her life? After we moved away, we never heard from her again. I wondered how life was treating her.

The more I thought about Emily, the more I knew she would be perfect for my son. They use to be friends and Emily was stubborn, kind and caring.

Who was better for my son than her?!

I grabbed my phone and practically punched in the numbers.

“Hello? Kyle? It’s me Michelle. I’m fine, but I need you to do me a favor. It’s about a certain young girl named Emily Thomas….”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? In this chapter you really get to know a little bit more of Jake and Emily's background together. Also, Michelle is quite nice, except for the fact the she is the person responsible for Emily's kidnapping!
The next chapter is about Emily in the present. I'll probably upload it later tonight or tomorrow.
Please comment! :)