Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

Novia Scotia? – Emily – Present

~I hope it will come as no surprise that I have something to say.~
-Teresa Heinz-

I woke up in a bed way to soft to be mine. I felt around it, keeping my eyes closed, and I realized it was bigger than a single sized mattress. I shot up and looked around at the unfamiliar walls.

They were painted purple and white. There was a desk and 3 doors. 2 of them I guessed lead to a bathroom and closet. I got out of the bed (what a surprise, it was purple) and stretched.

I went to the door and tried to the door handle. It was locked. As I stare at it the memories of last night float into my min, angering me. I kick the door in frustration only to have a throbbing foot.

I limp over to the washroom and do my business.

I exit and find a man who looks like he is in his mid thirties sitting on my bed, looking at me expectedly. I almost die from shock because I didn’t even hear him come in.

“Who are you! What the heck is going on?!” I shout at him.

His expression stays calm and neutral, which angers me even more.

“What is going on?! I demand answers right now!” I yell, keeping myself a safe distance away from the stranger.

“Look sweetie, I know you are probably very confused and stressed, but please you have to listen to me.” He says softly. I glare at him.

“Don’t call me sweetie ‘cause I’m not a kid. And why should I listen to you?! I just met you!” I shout at him.

He takes a deep breath and continues. “You have been kidnapped for a special… assignment. You will be a servant to the Prince-”

This is where I cut him off. “What do you mean prince?!" "There is no prince in Canada! Or in North America for that matter!” I yell, my temper starting to get out of control.
I’ve had that problem for a while, anger management. And this guy was seriously ticking me off.

He signs, and runs his hand through his thick black hair. “Right now, we are just outside of Nova Scotia on a private island. You’re in a palace, owned by the King and Queen of vampires.” He says, looking straight at me.

I laugh at that. Vampires? Plu-eeze. What’s next? He’s the Easter Bunny?

“Look bud, I don’t know how many times you were dropped on your head as a baby, but vampires DON’T exist. They are mystical creatures that people made up with their vivid imaginations. Now, if you’ll point me in the direction of the nearest airport, I’ll be going home.” I looked around for my bag, but to my dismay, it wasn’t in the room.

I felt my pant pockets and discovered that my phone was missing. “Crap.” I muttered under my breath.

“Look hun, you are to be a birthday present for the Prince. So if you’ll please follow me, we need to get you ready.” He motions for me to follow him, and I step behind my hesitantly.

What if he tried something? He could be a murder for all I know!

As if he read my mind, he said, “I’m not going to hurt you. But please, make this easier on yourself and just listen to me.”

I nodded and as soon as I was near, his hand latched onto my arm. I pulled, but his iron grip never budged.

“Just so that you don’t try and escape.” He winks and I roll my eyes.

We exit the room and guides me towards a room filled with dresses, make up and in the centre in a pretty brunette who is smiling like she just won the lottery.

“Can you please get our guest ready?” He asks and she nods.

The 20 year old grabs my hand and leads me towards a bathroom.

“Shower, but don’t forget to wash your hair.” She instructs in a heavy Italian accent.

An hour later I feel totally papered and pretty.
The Italian woman, whose name was Christina, did my hair in soft curly locks, my make-up (a touch of eye-shadow, a dap of lip gloss and a sprinkle of blush) my dress was
purple
(I really need to have a discussion with the person who picked this) but beautiful.

And I loved it.

The strange man came back and guided me towards another room, and we passed a lot of hallways, rooms and other people. They smiled at me and I returned the grin.
Soon we entered a dark room, and I started to get queasy.

“You are to wait in here.” The man pushed me inside a small, plastic container, with holes at the top. I felt like I was in a life sized Barbie box.

“Please don’t leave me in here. I’m quite claustrophobic.” I beg, pounding on the box.

He shots me an apologetic glance, but leaves me alone, it the cold dark room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So how do you like it so far? You get to learn a little bit more about Emily in this chapter and remember this information for chapters to come! :)
The next chapter is done in Jake's P.O.V. in the present. I'll upload it soon! :)
Thanks for reading! :)