Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

This will NOT be fun – Emily – Present

~An enemy generally says and believes what he wishes.~
-Thomas Jefferson-

I was leaning against the back of the small box, giving up on escaping. Since there was obviously no way out, why waste my energy? Who knew plastic could be so strong?

A little while later the door opens and 2 figures come in and start wrapping the box in colorful paper. They are careful to leave the top (which has toonie sized holes in it) uncovered so I can breathe.

I beg them the whole time to let me out, but they ignore me and do their task. 2 minutes later they’re done and gone. Great now I can’t see what’s happening.

Well, you couldn’t see what was happening before, genius. An annoying voice says at the back of my head. I roll my eyes and wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Finally someone opens the door (I can tell from the sound) and picks up the box.

“Hey careful!” I yell at them through the plastic, but they take no notice.

I can see light through the wrapping paper and I can faintly see where we’re going. I think we’re in a ballroom and I’m being carried onto a stage. I can see 3 people already there, but I can’t make out their facial features. I’m placed on the stage and the 2 men leave.

A faint figure gets closer to me, but I can’t tell who it is.

“Open it! What are you waiting for!?” called the impatient voice in the crowd.

One of the figures gets a few inches from the box and starts ripping at the paper. As soon as I see the person who’s outside the box my face goes from shock to anger in a millisecond.

“Jacob Cameron!? What the heck! You let me out of this box right this moment!” I screams at the person who made my life a living hell, furiously pounding at the plastic box.

He laughs and turns to his parents who I also know very well.

“Is this my present?” He asks loud enough for me to hear.

Present?! Are you kidding me!

They nod, but their eyes are glued to me, as I try (and fail) to get out of this stupid Barbie-Box. I see his lips move, but don’t catch what he says.

Suddenly I feel so calm, but confusion is written all over my face. My hands fall to my sides and I feel so relaxed. I momentary look at the crowd and see their faces. Some look amused and others look… disgusted?

What, are they better than me!?

“Please escort Miss. Thomas to her room.” Mr. Cameron commands and I feel my box being picked up and carried. But I’m too busy look fiercely at Jake, who is being led away by his friend.

How could he?! And I’m his present?

Well I hope that his parents kept the receipt because I’m going to be the worst birthday present ever. [Insert evil chuckle here]

As soon as I’m let out of that horrid box, I breathe a breath of relief. Stupid fear of being in small places! I’m in the same room I woke up in and the door is locked.

I get out of the dress and neatly place in the corner. I take a nice, warm, relaxing bath and choose a pair of yoga pants and T-shirt to wear. I sit in the centre of my bed, waiting for Jacob to show up.

I wait 90 minutes and 20 seconds (but who’s counting?) when the door opens.

In walks a Jacob Cameron. I start the conversation first.

“Is your wrist broken?” I see confusion on his face, but keep my face neutral.

“Um… no?” He answers uncertainly.

“Good to know. So why didn’t you knock?” I ask, still neutral.

“Because this is my house, princess.” He smirks and makes his way over to me.

Do not call me that! I want to scream, but take a breath and calmly say, “Don’t call me that Jake.”
I make sure to keep eye contact with him the whole time.

“So you know who I am?” He taunt, stopping right in front of me.

“How could I not recognize you? You’re the man who single handily ruined my life.” My voice is cold, and I know my face isn’t exactly cheery.

“Guilty as charged.” He grins at his own joke, but I don’t find it funny.At all.

“I’m not scared of you.” I say, my voice doesn’t shake once which surprises me.

“Really? And you know that am a vampire right?” He is getting closer to me, which is making me more and more uncomfortable. He opens my mouth so I can see my pointy canines.

Lame.

I arch an eyebrow and scoots back on the bed. “Wow, you bought plastic vampire teeth at the dollar store. Now I’m really scared.” I wrap my arms around me and fake shudder.

His face darkens and I can tell I am angering him. Point me. “You really don’t think I’m a vampire? Well sweetie, you’re in for in now.” He goes to crawl on top of me, but I surprise him (and myself) by punching him in the jaw.

“Stay away from me Jacob Cameron!” I shout at him and hop off the bed. My hand slightly hurts, but that is the least of my worries. I’m locked in a room with someone who thinks he’s a vampire.

Can someone spell the word disaster?

“Look princess, I don’t want to hurt you.”

But we both knew that was a lie.

“Really? You don’t want to hurt me? That is the funniest thing I’ve heard all day! You sure wanted to hurt me in grade 7! And 8! And 9!” I shout back at him.

Honestly I have lost my mind at this point. He thinks for a bit and then smiles. “You were such a loser back then Emily. And you haven’t changed a bit.” He teases me and my face goes into a fury.

How DARE he! I stride over to him and go to punch him, but he catches my hand. I glance at my captured hand and then go to swing the other one.

“Is that all you got?” He smirks, but soon he’s on the floor, rolling in pain.

Self defense tip #1. When your enemy has both of your hands knee them where-the-sun-don’t-shine!

“Is that all you got?” I taunt, flipping the question on him.

“Darling, you are so going to pay.” He quickly gets up at an inhuman speed and grabs my wrist.

I arch both eyebrows and wait for his next move. He slowly starts twisting my wrist slowly and painfully. My face goes from smirking to pain very fast.

“Let go.” My voice is shaky and tears are starting to brim in my eyes.

And I hate it.

“What’s the magic word?” He asks in a childish voice.

“Please. Please let go Jake.” I beg, wishing it didn’t have to come to this.

I see a hint of... pity (?) in his eyes and he lets go. I clutch my swollen wrist to my sides.

Without warning he grabs me around the waist and throws me on the bed, crawling quickly on top of me.

“Jake? What are you doing?” Panic is taking control and I fight to get him off me.
What is he doing?!
He ignores the question and grabs my wrists roughly and pins them above my head.

“This might sting just a little.” He whispers into my ear.

Without even giving me a chance to speak he and bites down hard onto the main vein in my neck. I release bloodcurdling scream because this hurts SO much. I feel like he is ripping the skin off my neck and then starting it on fire.

I tried to get him off me by kicking, squirming and screaming but nothing worked. From the lack of blood, my efforts became weaker and weaker, and soon my screams came out as quite yells.

I felt a slipper tongue lick my skin and I feel like my wounds are being closed (what the heck!?)

And my wrists were released.

“Believe me now?” He asks just before I fade into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked the chapter! Don't forget to comment!
The next chapter is told through both Emily and Jake's POV.