Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

Super Stubborn – Jake and Emily – Present

~Stubborn people get themselves in a lot of trouble, but they also get things done.~
-Anna Paquin-

Jake

I woke up and stretched. Sunlight streamed through my big, oval shaped windows, but I ignored it. Unlike those stupid vampire movies, we don’t glow or sparkle or burn. Heck, sunlight doesn’t even affect us!

I checked my phone and saw that I had a message from the girl I had met last night. I glanced at it and smiled. She said she wanted to go on an actual date this afternoon. I quickly text back and hop into the shower.

Image


I headed over to Emily’s room and found the girl still in the exact same spot I had left her in. I chuckled and crawled over to her. She is so pretty… what?! did I really just think that!?
I’m seriously losing it.

I scribbled a note and left it beside her. Without a second glance, I left the room and praying that my date would actually show.

Emily


I woke up groggily, my head pounding with a horrid headache and my neck throbbing like someone had hit me with a baseball bat. Using my hands to steady myself I sat up and saw 2 little pills and a glass of water on my nightstand.

Believing that they were for me, I shakily reached for them and popped the pills in my mouth and drowned them with water. Within 5 minutes my head was fine and my neck didn’t feel on fire. Now that the blurriness was gone, I could see a small scrap of paper on my bed. I grabbed it and read it.

Emily,
Swallow the pills I left. They will make you feel better. Also, you are to stay IN your room until I return. You can eat breakfast after I return.
-Jake-

I snorted, did his Royal Cockiness really think that I was going to listen to him?! Even if he was a creepy vampire who drank my blood... I shuddered at the memory.

I tossed the paper aside and rolled my eyes. Even though I didn’t know what the heck was going on I did know one thing. I was done listening to Jake.

Image


After my shower and changing into casual jeans, a red T-shirt and a purple (yes, I know) hoodie, I exited the room, searching for the kitchen.

I was admiring the art on the wall when I bumped into someone.

“My apologies Miss.” A quiet voice said.

I look down and see a small 13 (ish) year old girl on the ground looking up at me terrified.

“No, I’m sorry. I wasn’t looking where I was going.” I help her up and brush her off.

“Um… would you happen to know where the kitchen is?” I ask. She nods.

“Follow me.” She turns and I jog to keep up with her.

“So, who are you?” She asks then quickly adds, “If you don’t mind.”

I shrug. “I’m Emily, Jake’s new ‘present’” I put quotations on the word present.

“Oh. So you’re his new slave.” She says slowly. I nod.

“I’m Eva. Nice to meet you.” She turns and sticks out her hand. I shake it.
A moment later we are in a stainless steel kitchen that could make a professional chef cry. It was HUGE and everything was the newest update. A man with a chef hat and white beard came up to us and patted Eva’s head.

“Who is this?” He asks curiously in a French accent.

“Emily, Master Jake’s new slave.” Eva replied.

He nodded and then grinned widely. “So what can I get for you Mademoiselle Emily?” He asked.

“Anything. I’m not picky.” I shrug, already liking the chef.

“Alright, banana pancakes it is.”

I’m just finishing my delicious meal when the kitchen door bangs open and in walks an angry Jake marches in. Charles (the French chef) and Eva are quick to bow.

“Master Jake, what a pleasant surprise. Is there any-.” Jake cuts him by holding up his hand.

“What did I say?” He glares furiously at me.

“Nothing. You wrote me a note.” I say casually, being frustrating on purpose.

If he was a cartoon character, steam would be coming out of his ears.

“Emily, do not push my patience.” He says deadly calm. I roll my eyes and get up.

“Thanks for the breakfast.” I say at Charles and he nods.

I push past Jake and head for my room.

“And where do you think you’re going?!” Jake demands, storming behind me in rage.

I look behind me and laugh. He honestly looks like an upset little 2 year old!

“I do not!” He shouts at me.

What?? I didn’t say that out loud. I shake my head and jog to my room, Jake close on my heels.

As soon as the door is closed I unleash my anger.
“What the heck! You act like an overprotective parent and I’m a child who can’t go anywhere without ‘daddy’ holding onto my hand. Well newsflash, I’m NOT a kid anymore! So stop trying to act like the boss of me, because you aren’t and will never be again!” I scream at him.

He stays calm throughout the whole thing then rolls his eyes. “Look sweetie-”

I cut him off. “Do NOT call me sweetie!” I shout. I don’t know what is happening. I’m losing control of my anger.

He rolls his eyes again which makes my fists clench.

“Whatever. My parents bought you for me to be my slave. A slave. Which means I’m your Master and you do what I say, when I say it without question.” He has a smug little smile, but I’m going to erase that off his face fast.

“Ha-ha! That’s where you are wrong. Buying humans is illegal. And when I call the cops, you and your family are going to be locked up for the rest of your sorry existence.”

He rolls his eyes again and leans against the door casually.

I swear if he rolls his eyes one more time I’ll- I never get to finish that thought because Prince Cockiness interrupts.

“You’ll do what? Hit me? You can’t hurt me Princess. I’m a vampire and you measly humans couldn’t hurt us with a crowbar.”

I arch an eyebrow, but then back away slowly, my anger disappearing. “I never said that out loud. What are you? A mind reader?” I double over laughing, but then really think about it.

But all signs point to that.

Oh my gosh… he can read my mind. I clamp my hands over my ears, trying to keep him out.

“Stay out of my mind! My thoughts are private!” I scream at him. I drop to my knees, suddenly so scared.

So much for escaping. He would catch me before I was even out the front door.

He smirked and kneeled down to my level in front of me and gently removed my hands.

“Sweetie, nothing you can do will block me out. I can read your thoughts whenever I want, and you know why?” He asked, never breaking eye contact with me once. “Because I’m your Master, and you’re my slave. a S-L-A-V-E.”

I hated the way he said that.

I hated it.
He made me feel like a-

“Nothing? That’s because you are one. You and the whole human race. They are nothing but dirt under my feet.” Jake squeaked his shoe under the floor to prove his point.

“Now that we got that settled, let’s go over some rules.” Jake guides me to the bed (holding onto my wrist the whole time) and sits me on the bed and sits beside me.

“1- You are to always call me Master. No buts.”

“2- You are to do what I say, when I say it without hesitation or complaint.”

“3- You are never to talk back to me. Also you can only speak when spoken to.”

“4- You are never to attempt to physically hurt me. This in including but not limited to punching, kicking and scratching.”

“5- You must NEVER try to escape.”

“Rule breaking will result in a punishment. Depending on the crime, punishments will vary. But break rule #5 and it results in death.”

I wanted to shoot myself right there and then.

Those rules sucked! So pretty much I had to be an empty headed, obedient slave who listened in hopes of not getting hurt.

“Yep. Pretty much.” Jake said popping the “p”.

“Do you really think I’m going to listen to you?” I twist my wrists free of his grasp.

“I am so done listening to you. You have no right to tell me what to do, so save it. Okay?” I snap.

Without warning he slaps me. The blow was hard, making me fall to the ground.

“What was rule #3?” He says, standing above me. When I don’t answer, he gives me a good kick to the stomach.

I squeeze my eyes shut, I will not let him get the pleasure of seeing me cry.

“It was… not to talk back to you.” I wheeze out.

He nods. “And what did you just do?” He questions, glaring at me.

“You were there... you tell me.” I mange to croak out, trying to block the out the pain radiating from my stomach.

I turn slightly and see him roll his eyes. “Even on your death bed, you still have time to make sassy remarks.” He comments.

I’m not dying genius. I think loudly inside my head.
Jake arches an eyebrow. “You look pretty dead to me.” He says.

I shakily get up, one hand clutched to my stomach.

“One more smart remark like that and you’ll wish you were dead.” I snap fire blazing in my eyes.

Jake smirks and lets out a small chuckle. “I’ll give to you, you’re tough. I have never had a slave that stood up to me. But I do like the challenge.”

He picks me up and throws me on my freshly made bed.

He plops down next to me. “And I’m going to enjoy breaking you.” He whispers the last part and in a flash he’s gone. I roll my eyes.

I’m glad he’s immortal because I don’t plan on “breaking” any time soon.
Image


With directions from a maid in the hallway, I found my way to Michelle’s study room.

I didn’t bother knocking, just stormed right in and sat down in front of her. She gently placed her book down and smiled at me.

"It’s good to see you again Emily.” She says. I cross my arms and glare at her.

“I wish I could say the same.” I smile sarcastically at the end.

Her perfect smile falters a little bit, but doesn’t go down completely. “I realize you must have questions for me, and I assure you I will answer them.” She sees my happy face and adds. “When the time is right.”
Seriously?!
“First I want to know why you kidnapped me.” I lean back in my chair, getting comfortable. I wasn’t going anywhere until I had the answers I wanted.

“I can’t tell you everything, but let’s just say you are a….. Special project for my son.” She says simply.

My eyes widen.

She can’t be serious.

“I don’t want to sound selfish or anything, but seriously?! You couldn’t have hired someone else to play the part of the poor, defenceless human girl? I was kidnapped for Pete’s sake! My parents are probably freaking out because I’m missing!” I practically yell, my anger boiling over.

I thought I knew Michelle, someone who would never hurt another human being, but I guess I thought wrong.

She signs and suddenly I feel calm. I sit back in my chair, and try to fight the emotion
.
“I’m angry, I’m angry, I’m angry.” I mutter over and over, but the calmness is winning.

Michelle face is strained, like she is using her power to the max. I give up fighting and Michelle’s face goes from strain to curious.
“How did… how did you do that?” She asks with bewilderment.

“Do what?” I enquire.

“I had to use 60% of my power – which is to control and sense emotions – to keep you calm. That is the most I have ever used on humans. The most I have ever had to use on humans in my 100 years of living was 25%.” She explains and I nod.

“It’s probably because of my anger issues.” I say. She motions for me to continue and I do.

“I have always had a problem controlling my anger since I was a kid. It takes quite a bit, but once someone has pushed me over the edge, I can’t seem to stop. It’s like I have no control over my own anger. I have been in therapy since I was 10 and I still am, or was. I got suspended 5 times in Jr. High because of Jake. I released all that held up anger on him and he made it seem like he was the victim. I almost got expelled in grade 7 because I gave Jake a bloody nose and a black eye.”

Michelle laughs and I join her.

That was seriously the best day of my life.

“I see. I’m going to do some research, and I’ll let you know what I find.” She smiles and I return it. Even though I’m super ticked at Michelle for kidnapping me, I sorta understand.

I’m just about to turn the doorknob when I turn around and ask her a question.

“In most typical vampire slave stories, the girl is usually kidnapped and sold at an auction. Why was it that I was brought directly here?”

She nods and smiles. “It's possible to be sold at an action but it is also possible just to be taken to the buyers home. There is something called 'Secret Services' and they operate on kidnapping certain people for certain vampires. You have to pay a lot of money, so most vampires just go to auctions. As the Queen, I don’t have to pay as much, but it is still pricey.” She replies.

I nod, curious about how much she paid for me.

“I’ll tell you, but you have to promise not to faint.” She says, as if she read my mind.

“Are you a mind reader too?” I groan.

One was more than enough. She laughed. “No, but I can sense your emotions.”

I nod, understanding.

“I’ll tell you later. Jake is coming to find you.” She says and sure enough Prince Pain-in-the-Ace comes marching in.

“Don’t call me that slave.” He exaggerates on the word slave.

I glare at him and walk right past him, not caring where I am headed.

As long as it is away from him.

Jake


“Be nice.” My Mother mouths and I nod. “I’ll be nice... I won’t kill her here and now.” I think cockily and catch up with Emily.

For a human, she sure can cover a lot of ground.

I grab her arm and turn her to face me. She jerks free of my grab and crosses her arms. “What do you want?” She demands.

I slap her. “Loose the attitude Miss. I need to tell you that my parents are throwing a dinner party and you are to come and be my… date.” I search for the word, although neither of us want to call it that.

“Can’t you get some stupid airhead to do it?” She snaps at me.

“Why do you think I asked you?” I shot back.

She doesn’t reply, just knees me in the-you-know-where.

“That’s my answer.” She smirks at my crumpled figure and walks away.

Halfway she gives one of those dramatic hair flips and I can tell she is laughing.

Why is it she has to make everything hard?

Emily

I wait in my bedroom (a place I seem to retreat to often) and wait for Mr. Spaz to show up.

A few seconds later he does.

“You’re going to be my date whether you like it or not. So suck it up princess.” He leers in my face and walks out of the room.

He locks it, so I’m guessing I won’t be having super tonight.

“But jokes on you Jake because I’ve stored up for the winter.” I whisper when I can no longer hear his footsteps.

I look down at my pockets.

25 different flavor suckers wink back at me. ;)
♠ ♠ ♠
Interesting huh?
Jake and Emily seriously don't along and they won't for sure in the next chapter...
Please comment! I like constructive criticism!