‹ Prequel: When I Met Ponyboy

I'll Be Your Runaway Girl

Chapter 2: A Great Pair of Honkers

Two-Bit

I was in bed with Kitt. Jesus, get your head outta the gutter. But it's not like I didn't want to. No, after we went to the Lot I came back and crawled into bed beside Kitt. I pretty much was living in her bedroom. Going back to my house and being yelled at lost its appeal a long time ago.

Kitt was lightly snoring and she did that cute little thing where her eyelashes fluttered ever so slightly.

I tried my best not to think about him, I knew I behaved like a monster, I wouldn't be surprised if the boys thought I was just a common hoodlum now. Well, they could think what they wanted, my girl was safe now. This whole thing wood soon blow off. I hoped.

"Where have you been?"

Oh shit, she was awake.

"Nowhere. Go back to sleep."

"That's a lie. I looked around for you everywhere."

I was a terrible liar and she knew it. " I just went out for a few beers with the...um boys."

"You weren't with Kathy were you?" She was sitting up now.

"Course not, baby. Why would I do that to you?"

"Well, for one thing, she's all..." She did a pin-up pose. "You know, she's all curves."

I gently tackled her and pinned her down. "Your curves are the ones for me. You must've been having another nightmare cause you're talking crazy."

She bore into my blue eyes with her green. "Promise, you didn't go see her?"

"I promise."

"Good. I love you."

I smirked. "I love you too."

"Do you think we'll get married like Sandy and Soda?"

I winced. Marriage? Kitt noticed my hesitation and a frown spread across her face.

"Baby, it's not what you're thinking. I do, it's just looking at my parents...I never want that to happen to us."

"I shouldn't have brought it up. Sorry love."

"Hey." I wiped a small tear. " Don't worry about that right now. Okay? You shouldn't have to worry about a single thing." Especially The Bastard, I thought inside my head.

Kitt was about to respond when the bedroom door burst open.

"Kiss me, darlin'." It was Dallas. And drunker than I've ever seen him. He was slurring his words and kept tripping until he landed onto our bed. He wiggled his way in between us. Kitt and I weren't wearing much, just our underwear. Realizing this I did my best to cover up Kitt's chest with our quilt only to have Dallas pull it down and plunge face first into her tits.

Kitt's scream was shocking for such a small person and Dallas didn't stand a chance around me. I pulled him off of her as fast as I could by the collar of his shirt and slammed him into the wall.

"What in fuck's name do you think you're doing!" I hollered this so loud that I could hear pit bull next door bark.

Dallas just kept smiling. "She's just got such a wonderful pair of honkers, if you know what I mean." He laughed at this, making my face turn red. "I noticed them when she started wearing that DX shirt." More drunk giggling. "And when she was mad at you and danced with me when she first found out about Kathy. It's a shame she chose you and not me."

"That's it!" I dragged him by the collar and kicked him out the front door, landing in a heap when he tripped down the front steps. He was out cold and soon snoring right on the doorstep, he was so drunk.

I walked back into Kitt's room. She was just sitting up in bed, you could almost hear the cogs in her head churning.

"You don't think..." She started.

"He likes you. Well, mostly your honkers, shit I mean um tits, no, I mean chest."

One of her eyebrows curved upwards. I tried again. "Boobs?"

"What are we gonna do?"

"Well I know what he's not gonna do. He's not going tit-diving anymore. Especially since I haven't even done that to you yet."

Both eyebrows rose now. "Yet?"

"It's not fair that he got to do that to you before I did!"

She gave a deep sigh. "C'mon, let's go to bed."

"No! Not before I get to do it."

And with that she turned out the light.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Kitt

Who came up with the term tit-diving anyway? It was just so demeaning. Jesus.

It was the next morning and the Curtis house was beginning to wake up, the boys would start to be coming over in about an hour.

Two-Bit was up and peeling potatoes in the living room while I prepared a soup for lunch that would take all day to make. Two-Bit looked like he was going to slaughter one of the potatoes if it had Dallas Winston's face on it.

The front door opened. Just our luck. Dallas came in groaning and claiming he had a terrible headache.

Two-Bit peeled faster and with such aggression the potatoes peels went flying.

"Darling?"

"Yes?" Two-Bit as well as Dallas answered me. Well, this was awkward.

I looked Two-Bit in the eye. "Watch your fingers while peeling."

Two-Bit gave an aggravated sigh. "Well, what do you have to say for yourself, Winston?"

Dallas looked up from his playboy magazine. "What was that?"

"What do you have to say for going to second base with my girl?"

He looked at me then back to his magazine. "Well, I think with what I saw she needs to model for playboy."

That was the last straw for Two-Bit and flung himself at Dallas who still was too hungover to react in time. Getting a nice sock in the jaw.

I turned back to my soup.

This was going to be an interesting day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt like being extremely inappropriate. Sorry not sorry.