‹ Prequel: When I Met Ponyboy

I'll Be Your Runaway Girl

Chapter Four: Surprised Kisses

Kitt

Weeks passed by in a cold glaze. Fall had officially arrived in Oklahoma and I soon traded my t-shirts for thick cardigans and wool stockings.

Steve constantly complained that winter would soon be here and business at the DX would pick up due to frozen engines and parts would always rust up this time of year.

Rain was coming down against the roof and all the boys were set up in the living room. They languidly leaned against each other but all was still. Mickey Mouse was on the small television screen but no one even glanced at it. They all had beers in their hands and guilt in their eyes. I tried to give off a bit of conversation.

"How's Sandy, Soda?"

He grunted and I repeated the question.

"Oh, she's fine, fine."

Then it got eerily quiet again. I got up, "Anybody want another beer?"

Nothing.

"Jesus Christ! You've all been acting like you swallowed your chew! What's going on?"

Ponyboy got up, "I have some homework I have to do."

I grabbed him by the shirt, "Oh no, not you little man. Something's up and you're gonna tell me."

Darry growled. "Drop it, Kitt."

I let him go. Hurt by Darry's sudden harshness I went outside and locked myself inside Lucy.

"You'd tell me what's goin' on, wouldn't you old girl?" I patted the dashboard. I heard the screen door slam shut and out came Dallas. I still haven't talked to him about what had happened during his drunken escapade. I felt like now was as good a time as ever. I motioned for him to get into the passenger's side.

"We have to talk."

Dallas lit a cigarette and handed it to me. "Can we just forget about the tit diving?"

I coughed on the cigarette and started gagging.

"You're not supposed to inhale the entire cigarette, Kitt."

"I'm sorry, you just caught me off guard."

"I seem to have that effect on you."

I blushed and fingered the hem of my skirt. "So, are you and Two-Bit alright?"

"I don't think so, for a while at least."

"Can I ask what happened?"

Dallas took a drag and I gazed at the glowering embers.

"I told him about my feelings for you. I do have them, you know."

"I don't believe you. I just think you're lonely, Dally."

"Do you believe this, honey?"

Dallas cupped my face and pressed his lips against mine. Hard. I tried to break away, gasping.

"Dallas, stop!"

His lips connected to mine again and he made his way across the car and towards me.

"Kitt. Please."

I tried wiggling out the door but he gripped my waist and dove for my breast, squeezing and unbuttoning the top of my blouse.
Dallas had fully unbuttoned my shirt and made a trail of kisses against my neckline and the top of my breasts.

"Dallas! I said stop!" My knee connected to his groin and he moaned in pain or ecstasy. I couldn't tell. I slithered out of the car and onto the soft earth.

"I'll tell him everything! I can't believe you, Dallas!"

"Tell who what?"

Two-Bit was on the front porch steps, holding a beer.

"Two-Bit!"

His face searched mine. "What's going on, Kitt?"

My eyes darted to Lucy. And a few moans came out of the car.

"He didn't..."

I teared up and nodded.

Two-Bit got to Lucy and discovered Dallas with his lips tainted red from lipstick.

"I'll never speak to you again." Two-Bit handled Dallas by his boots and pulled him out of the car.

"Get in." Two-Bit said to me. I stepped over Dallas and took the passenger's side.

"Were are we going?" I asked, gasping through my sobs.

"Away."
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me about what you guys are thinking about. Good or bad. Criticism is always healthy.