Status: I might actually try and type this on my ipod maybe it wont take so long, and my punctuation marks all work, maybe I can type this out faster, did I mention I can't type either. Well if I didn't, hey guess what I can't type.

Raven's Song

Surprise Visit

Late Wednesday afternoon Raven had Spencer's car on the lift in her garage, she was on the process of removing the oil pan to change the gasket. She noticed a bit of leakage coming from the top of the pan. She swore as she tried to remove the rusted on bolts, she sprayed on WD-40 and lowered the car a bit to remove the tires to check the brakes. She found herself in full repair mode checking everything to make sure all was good. It wasn't too cold out so she had her garage door open to let in some air. She had the third tire down when her Monte Carlo pulled up her drive. A big smile spread across her face as Spencer and Morgan got out. Spencer had on a purple shirt, dark pants, and a black vest on, Raven found herself staring, then slightly embarrassed at the stained grey Crimson Tide shirt and ratty olive green cargo pants she usually used to work on her car in. Her hair was pulled up in a messy bun. She ran up to him and wrapped her arms around him and kissed him. ''You're back so soon, I was going to drop off your car tomorrow.''

''Hey don't I get a hug and a kiss too?'' Morgan interrupted.

Raven stuck her tongue out at Morgan. ''Where's your car?''

''Got a flat, and my spare is flat.''

''Oh Derek you should always make sure your spare has air in it.'' She turned her attention back to Spencer. ''I wasn't even expecting to see you until after I got back from Bristol.''

''Every so often we get lucky and only have to be away for a couple days. Um what are you doing to my car?''

''Checking it, I told you I was going to look it over to make sure everything is okay on it. You're oil pan was leaking by the way, I'm changing the gasket. She turned her attention back to the car, removing the fourth tire.

''Whoa girl that tire probably weighs more than you.'' Derek called out.

''Whatever.'' Raven said rolling her eyes. ''I worked with 5 burly guys in a rebuild shop I have heard it all.'' I may not be very big but I could whoop your butt so you better watch it Mister.'' Sometimes Raven hated her small frame, at 5'-5'' and barely over 100 lbs people under estimated her but she often competed in tire changing challenges at the tracks and could beat most of the guys she went up against. She looked over all four brakes with her flashlight in hand.

''I'm going to drop off Derek and then I'll come back.'' Spencer said leaning down to kiss Raven. She smelled like a mix of her usual cinnamon shampoo and motor oil. She had no make up on and a slight black smear on her right cheek. He took in her stained clothes and messy hair, to him she still looked beautiful.

''Alright then, I'll finish up here and cook you dinner if you would like.'' Raven watched as they got back into her car. She thought Spencer actually suited her car dressed the way he was, ''I would like to do more than cook him dinner.'' she thought to herself, biting her lip, then shook the thought from her mind and focused her attention on the car. Spencer had been gone maybe forty minutes, she already had the tires back on, and the oil pan gasket changed. She was lowering the car when he pulled back up.

''That was fast,'' Spencer said, handing Raven her keys.

''There wasn't that much to do, I changed some of the fluids, fixed your carb, checked a few things, no big deal.''

''Do I owe you anything, uh for parts?''

''Don't be silly, I had everything here.'' Raven opened a jug of motor oil and and filled up the oil pan. She got into the car and started the engine. ''you hear the difference? you should be good now, you got a nice car here, if you take car of it, it will last you a long time. I've always like older cars anyway, easier to fix, not so easy to find parts mind you.''

''Oh well thank you, it does sound better.''

Raven shut off the engine, then shut her garage door. ''I have to clean myself up a bit so you will have to entertain yourself for a bit.'' They went inside, Raven put on a pot of coffee before she went to take a shower. Spencer finally met the other two cats who looked like they just woke up. The black one rubbed himself against him leg and meowed loudly at him and jumped on his lap. The fluffy grey one put his paws on his knee like he wanted to be picked up too.

''Wow you guys sure are friendly.'' he picked up a toy off of Raven's kitchen table and played with the two cats. He wondered where the other one was, the one he met before. He would have liked to have a cat himself but with him being away so much he knew it wouldn't have been a good idea. After the date at the pet shelter it really made him think, he almost contemplated asking Raven if she would like to have another one. He was so absorbed with Raven's cats he didn't even notice her standing in across the table from him, wearing a tight black Hello Kitty shirt and black jeans. her hair was still wet from the shower, her eyes only framed by the her black glasses, no make up. ''They like you.'' she said smiling at him.

''They're pretty friendly.''

''They love attention.'' Raven told him, grabbing two coffee cups from the cupboard. ''I'll pour these coffees and show you around, I know the last time you were here uhh well you know.''

Spencer had remembered her living room, from when he drove Raven home. A mix of Gothic and Victorian with modern touches almost all in black and purple. The kitchen was very modern with black walls, with a white ceiling, and red cabinetry. he imagined the rest of the house to be similar in decor. He had not noticed the black baby grand piano in the L-shaped living room the first time he saw it. ''You play?''

''Yeah, I taught myself after my mom made take cello lessons when I was little, she thought it would keep me out of trouble. I seem to find myself in trouble a lot in school.''

''But weren't you skipped ahead a bunch of grades?''

''That's why I was always in trouble, not to mention correcting the teachers and blurting out answers too much. I used to get sent to the library to do my tests because they said I was too disruptive. Luckily most of the time I was on the road with my parents and did most of my schoolwork then. I was really only in school three days a week for the most part. Apparently my grandfather is super smart, so is my aunt, I guess that is where I got it from. Let me tell you I spent most of my life hating it. Everyone expected me to become some kind of scientist or something, my mom was pissed when I wanted to become a mechanic. I wanted to work for NASCAR, but then I worked for that rebuild shop and ended up loving it.''

''How was it working at the shop?''

''At first they were treating me like I couldn't do anything, saying things like 'oh sweetie let me get that for you' but I stood up to them and did not take their shit. I kinda got hired because I knew some one who knew someone who knew the owner. He didn't say too much, I told him I could stand my own and not to interfere in my squabbles.''

Spencer smiled, ''well I will give you that, you definitely don't take lip from anyone.'' He stopped and looked at a picture on one of her shelves. It was Raven who did not look much older that thirteen or fourteen dressed in hunting gear and her eyes lined with her trademark black eyeliner kneeling down next to a buck, smiling at the camera. ''you hunt too?''

''My dad taught me, that was my first, I was really proud of myself. I was never very girly, and my dad and I are very close, I guess being an only child and all. I can hunt, fish, build a shelter in the woods, all taught by him. I am an excellent shot too.''

''Maybe you would like to go to the shooting range sometime.'' Spencer said. ''I mean it is not your typical date.''

Raven turned and wrapped her arms around his neck and stood on her toes to kiss him. ''and I am not your typical girl, Spencer Reid. You are going to have your hands full with me. Come on I will show you the basement.'' He followed her down the stairs, he was not prepared for what he saw but yet not surprised. The wall were lined with shelves and shelves of model cars all labeled by year starting from 1977. There were signed pictures of NASCAR drivers everywhere. The floors were black and white tiles. A huge TV screen hung on one wall. The biggest thing that caught in eye was the track built over head with several cars in different positions. ''Welcome to my man cave,'' Raven laughed at the look on Spencer's face.'' You were not prepared for this were you?''

''Not really, that is some collection of cars you have there.''

''They're almost worth more than my house, my dad started collecting them for me before I was born, most of them are signed, one of the perks of being a NASCAR brat.'' She took his hand and led him past two floor to ceiling shelves. ''And behind this door is where Rob and I jam.'' There was a set of drums, a few guitars, a keyboard, and a couple microphones set up. ''The drums are his, but he lives in a apartment so he keeps them here.''

''Does that mean I will get to hear you sing?''

Raven suddenly got a strange look in her eyes. ''I don't know.'' She turned away from him.

Spencer noticed the sudden mood change. ''Did I say something wrong?'' He stood in front of her, and tipped her chin up forcing her to look at him.

''It's fine don't worry about it. I don't want to talk about it.''

''Alright, you will when your ready. '' He took her in his arms and gave her a hug. He wondered why when he brought up singing to her she got upset. He remembered the video of her and he thought she was amazing. Raven pressed her face into his shirt and could feel a lump growing in her throat, she wanted to tell him what happened in high school and why she didn't in front of people, but she couldn't and she didn't know why.

''How about I make us some dinner.'' She smiled up at him and leaned up to kiss him.

She dug threw her freezer, pulled out some shrimp, and put some water on to boil. Thirty minutes later she made shrimp linguine, a garden salad and garlic toast waiting to be served. They sat and talked over dinner. Spencer talked a bit about his last case without too much detail, and Raven talked out the upcoming race, trying to convince Spencer to join her and Rob.

''I don't know, I might get called out, or something and I don't really know anything about NASCAR.''

''Well one I day am gonna take you with me, you have to come, if you are not a NASCAR fan, you will be.''

They finished dinner and sat in the living room with two fresh coffees. Raven put some music on and sat next to him on the couch. Spencer looked at Raven ''So I know you can fix cars, have a mean shot, musical talent and now a great cook, is there something else I should know about.?''

Raven smiled at him, before her brain should shut her mouth up and leaned toward him until her lips were close to his, ''wouldn't you like to know.'' He put his hand on her lower back and pulled her toward him and he pushed his lips to hers. She ran her fingers through his hair and opened her mouth slightly, the tip of his tongue found it's way inside of her mouth. Her heart was racing, she was excited and a little scared, not sure it she was ready to take it further, although the though had crossed her mind several times. She pulled back, ''I'm sorry if I don't stop now I don't think I will be able too. I am not sure if I am ready to go there yet.''

He looked at her stroking her cheek, ''it's okay, I get it. This is uh I uh have never been with anyone''

''I have only been with one person, I thought I was in love, but I ended up getting hurt, so truthfully, this is kind of scary for me, I really like you Spencer, maybe more than I should. ''

Spencer remembered his conversation with J.J. He also had a fear of getting hurt but he knew he liked Raven a lot. He knew eventually things would go further, but he wanted them both to be ready. In way way was relieved Raven stopped him, but he couldn't but wonder what it would be like with her. He put his arm around her as she leaned her head on his shoulder. They sat and talked until they lost track of time it and was after eleven. Raven walked Spencer to the door and kissed him hard, like it might be the last kiss they might ever share. ''Goodnight Raven.'' She shut the door behind him and smiled. She could see herself falling in in love with him. She just hoped she didn't get hurt.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry I have been gone so long, I started a new job, so I am pretty tired during the week, I might try and write a little every night and see how that works. Things are starting to look up so I just might do that.