Status: I might actually try and type this on my ipod maybe it wont take so long, and my punctuation marks all work, maybe I can type this out faster, did I mention I can't type either. Well if I didn't, hey guess what I can't type.

Raven's Song

Friday

Raven was hanging up clothes from a new shipment late Friday afternoon after hanging up the phone with her dad. She was finalizing her plans to drive out to Daytona in a week for the kick off to the race season. He was to drop off her race tickets and infield camping passes the next day at her store on his way out to Daytona. Caleigh walked in the door coming back from Quantico, Fridays were her day off from classes and it was the first time she could get out there to talk to them.

''Boy they sure do ask a lot of questions, about everyone I knew and everything.'' Caleigh told her.

''I know that's why I got mad. It was like they were more interested in my personal life and my friends than anything. I could not figure out what it had do with anything but whatever I hope I don't have to deal with them anymore.''

''You still never told me what happened that pissed you off so much over there.'' Caleigh prodded

''Don't worry about it, it was nothing.''

''Sure seemed like a big nothing, you were clearly ticked off about something when I came back after class. It was him wasn't it.''

''Who?'' Rave asked

''Don't play dumb with me, you know very well who I am talking about. You know, he is actually kinda of cute, and smart. We had an interesting conversation about Dylan Thomas. He is really awkward though, he wouldn't look me in the eye and he kept kept tapping his finger nervously, it was very subtle but I noticed. I think he is an Aspie or something, I am-''

Raven cut her off, ''Caleigh! That's not very nice.''

''Come on you took Psychology you should have got that right off the bat, my friend has it and don't forget I took it for a year. I also know you have a thing for him, I saw it on that first day''

''Would you let that go already, besides what did you say about agent Morgan? 'Ohhhh I can look can't I' so I checked him out big deal. Anyway he is not my type and besides he is like your age.''

Caleigh shook her head, ''Yeah and have you looked in the mirror, damn you, you look younger than me. By the way he is only like three years younger.''

''And you know this how?'' Raven asked

''I asked him how long he worked for them and did the math. You know what Raven, I think he would be perfect for you. He asked about you, he was concerned that he offended you or something. I think he has a thing for you too.''

''Forget it, just drop it already, he annoys me besides he probably has some nerd girlfriend in a sweater dress.''

''You're a nerd yourself.'' Caleigh giggled

''But I'm cool, I play music, wear black and watch sports.''

Caleigh rolled her eyes, ''I think you like him anyway, you can deny it all you want, oh and by the way how is it that two people in the same city wear the same shoes and socks, Raven your an idiot if you don't go for him. But whatever, anyway are we going to the club tonight Rob said there is a pretty good cover band playing. I don't know why you two don't start your own band, your an awesome singer, if you got over your stage fright, you would kick ass.''

Raven sighed, ''I know, Rob keeps bugging me to sing there, but yeah well go, I have some orders to get ready to ship out tomorrow but you can go ahead I will meet you there. ''

''Are you sure? I can stay if you need.''

Raven shook her head. ''That's okay, I'll be fine, you go.''

Raven packed the orders for shipping and did a quick inventory count, it was nine by the time she locked up her store. She still had to go home and get ready. After showering and putting on a Slayer tank top and black jeans she checked her reflection, she decided to put on her red Converse to go with writing on her shirt. She also took out her contacts and put her glasses. She looked at the clock, it was already ten-thirty, she was about to jump into her car when her phone went off, it was a text from Caleigh saying she was on her way to a party a few blocks from her house with some friends, but to go to the club anyway because Rob was waiting for her. Raven got into her car and drove to Nightshade. The lineup out front was long so Raven went to the side door and knocked on it. Mitch the bouncer let her in and she went straight to the bar where Rob was serving drinks.

''You made it, I wasn't sure if you would.'' Rob said to her.

''Yeah, Caleigh said you were expecting me''

''You look hot, I like those glasses on you, like some hot nerd chick metal head. Hey speaking of nerds-''

''Don't'' Raven warned.

''Alright alright Caleigh said you were a little touchy about Agent Loverboy'' Rob teased.

''Would you two let it go already, I am not interested in him, okay, just forget about it .''

''Why are you turning red then''

Raven stuck her tongue out at Rob ''You are such an asshole! Why do I even put up with you?''

''Cuz you love me.'' This was just another usual conversation between the two friends. They often swore at each other and called each other names. Raven was like a little sister to Rob, she reminded him so much of his own sister who passed away when she was 18 from Leukemia. More often than not he was very protective of her and was one to let her know if he didn't like a guy she dated. He loved both her and Caleigh dearly and would give his life protecting them. Caliegh often referred to them as her parents because they fight like an old married couple, even though that nothing would ever happen between them.

Raven sighed ''Yeah whatever.'' She stayed for another hour chatting with a few people she knew and got ready to leave since she had to get up in the morning. She said goodbye to Rob on her way out the door.

''This conversation is not over.'' He told her.

''Yes it is, goodnight Rob.''

''Call me tomorrow, but you know, not before noon.'' he called after her. Raven flipped him the bird on the way out.

'
♠ ♠ ♠
Just some conversation with Raven and her friends