Status: In progress

Vertebrae

Chapter 4

He looked uncomfortable. Well, I guess I would be too. Surrounded by rambunctious strangers would definitely turn me into a wall flower. Autumn sat down and offered him something to drink and started conversing with him.

"He's not an exotic animal, Lee."

"That doesn't mean he's any less intimidating Paty." She pushed her lilac and ginger locks out of her face in frustration.

/////=====\\\\\

I watched from side stage as Lee bounced around, straining her voice for the fans that came to see her. This, I think, is when I love watching her the most. Doing what she loves, because she wants to. Harry nudged me out of my thoughts.

"I'm going out there." I couldn't hear him over the music, and before I could even ask him to repeat himself, he ran out onto the stage.

"What is he doing?" Then he jumped off the stage, barely even making it past the barrier.

"You gonna go Lou?" Autumn asked me.

"I'd have to be piss drunk before I'd break my neck." She giggled and patted me on the back.

After the band was done and we had nearly lost our voices singing along, Lee came over and threw herself onto Autumn, prompting the smaller girl to throw a fit.

"GET OFF! YOU ARE SWEATY AND GROSS!" Harry and I just stood by laughing.

"Hey, we're all going to the bar. You two pop princesses joining?" Jasper asked us as he toweled the sweat from his face.

"Of course we are. We've got nothing much to do tomorrow anyways, right Lou?"

"Not that I can think of."

We ended up in a little pub fifteen minutes from the venue. It was quiet and low key. We ended up sitting at the booth in the corner. I just happened to get squished between jasper, and Lee. I don't know what it was. Maybe the fact that we were touching, or that her warmth was radiating and causing goose bumps on my skin. Something she was doing to me caused me to be so awestruck at the wonder she is.

"Louis!" I snapped out of my trance when Paty called my name.
I turned to her, sure I looked like a deer caught in headlights. "I asked you about your bird."

"Eleanor is fine. She went back up to uni today."

"Shame she couldn't come." Jasper elicited.

"It is quite a shame." I sighed internally. I'm sure if El had come, this night wouldn't be as amazing as its been.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I lost interest in the story for a bit, writers block and what not. Plus, it's the end of the school year, so the laziness has been amplified. I promise I'll try to keep a regular update schedule for the story.