Status: I am really knid of excited about this story :D

Be mine...

Bye

****Two years ago****

Emily picked up a top, slowly folding, and smoothing out the material between her hands. Amber sat on the bed next to her, staring solemly at the open bag; the items her friend had carried with her for so many years now shoved into a suitcase, ready to go wherever she went. And this place she would be going to is Camp Green Lake. Amber had tried to talk her out of it earlier, saying that if the lake resembled anything to the name, it probably wouldn't be the best place to go. However, Emily stayed strong, and sat in an uncomfortable silence with her best friend; a silence that just seemed to stretch out for forever.

"You're really leaving, huh?" Amber said, her eyes again shifting between the girl and the bag. Emily just nodded, laving Amber lost for words yet again. Time seemed to blend together; seconds to minutes, minutes to hours. Finally though, three o' clock rolled around, and the girls stared at the clock in dismay. Emily stood up, zipping up the bag with a quick flick of her skinny, tanned wrist. Amber wondered if it were possible for her friend to come back from camp even tanner then she already was.

"Amber, get up," Emily said firmly, "Look at me. How about this? We have a contest," Amber raised her eyebrow, clearly intrigued, "We have thirty days, until I get back, to date thirty guys."

"Like all at once?" Amber said, frowning.

"No, we'd just hang out with one guy per day; call it a date, or whatever you want," Emily told her, smiling, "Only no one we know." Amber began to smile then, happier with the plan then before.

"But how do we know the other isn't lying?" She asked her, though she didn't think Emily would ever really lie to her. Why would she? They were best friends; inseperable since the day Emily moved here and fell on her face at lunch that first day.

"Why we take pictures with them of course!" Emily had said, sending a flirtacious smile Amber's way.

"A boy a day, " Amber said softly, thinking out the idea.

"Yup, and when I get back we can count up the guys and see who won," Emily said happily, though if you just looked below that fake layer of happiness you'd see pain and suffering, and sadness; an aching inside the girl that would not go away. She didn't know if it ever would.

"Perfect!" Amber squealed with delight, hugging her freind tightly. Emily quickly jotted it down on a peice of paper in her signiture sparkly pink pen, and handed her the paper. They looked at each other once more before nodding and starting the death march down the steps for Emily's departure. As they approached the front door they saw Emilys' parents waiting for them, grim smiles on their faces. The girls hugged once more before Amber slipped through the door and down the block to her house.

As soon as Amber was out of sight Emily let the tears fall, her parents no longer smiling. Her father went to get some papers and their luggage, while her mom hugged her close, petting her hair affectionetly.

"It's okay honey. You did the right thing," Her mom told her softly, a tear slipping down her cheek as well, "Would you like to write a letter to her on the plane for me to give her? Just in case," she added, quietly dreading the fate of her only child. The girl nodded her head, twirling some of her light hair around her finger.