Status: Rewrite :)

Sweet Child 'O Mine

Move Along

Three years had come and gone so fast it seemed like a blur. It was now Cory’s birthday, but also the anniversary of Rebecca’s death. Johnny sighed as he slowly opened his eyes; he knew today was going to be hard but he didn’t know how hard it was going to be. All he wanted to do was stay in bed all day with a bottle of Jack and mourn Rebecca, but he also wanted to make this one of the best days ever for his baby girl’s birthday. Sighing Johnny rolled over onto his back and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He lay staring at the ceiling for a long time; almost falling asleep until he heard his door click open and the sounds of tiny feet pattering over to his bed. Johnny scrunched his face and sat up seeing Cory crossing the room on her wobbly little legs; a squeal erupting from her mouth when she spotted her dad.
“Daddy! Up!” she laughed clapping and holding her hands out for her daddy to pick her up.
“How did you get out of your crib you little sneak,” Johnny laughed as he picked up his daughter and brought her into his bed. Cory just giggled and snuggled into her dads side.
“Happy birthday baby,” he smiled kissing her head. Cory smiled and looked up at him with identical eyes to Johnny’s.
“Dada, hungry!” she said poking her tummy. Johnny laughed and picked up the toddler and headed down to the kitchen. He sat her down in her highchair as he searched the cupboards for something for her to eat.
“What do you feel like eating baby girl?” He asked turning around and looking at his little girl.
“Pop! pops!” she squealed clapping her hands together. Johnny sighed and shook his head - ever since he let her stay at Jimmy’s a few weeks back; who only fed her Pop Tarts and sugar, that’s all she’s been wanting.
“Fine but only because it’s your birthday,” he said.
“Yay! Pop, pops!” she giggled. Johnny chuckled at her excitement for Pop Tarts and tossed two into the toaster for her, while he started to fix himself some coffee, and eggs.
While the two where enjoying their breakfast the boys burst through the door, their respective girls and children by their sides. Val was holding the hands of her twin boys Matt Jr, and Charlie, who where 9 months younger than Cory. Lena holding her little girl Carrie on her hip who was 2, Gena with her 3 year old James, and Michelle holding the hand of her 2 year old Samantha, and her stomach swollen with another bun in the oven.
“Little monster!” Jimmy yelled when he spotted the little girl; who was currently stuffing her face with Pop Tarts. A smile busted out on her face as soon at she spotted Jimmy.
“Jim-Jim!” she yelled holding her harms out for him, he laughed and picked the little girl up.
“You two planning on putting clothes on anytime soon - or are you starting a nudist colony?” Val laughed noting that both baby and daddy were only in a pair of bottoms.
“Only if you join,” Johnny laughed winking at her, earning a punch in the shoulder from Matt, and a baby slap for Matt on the cheek from Cory.
“No hurting Da!” she scolded, making everyone laugh.
“Why are you all here so early?” Johnny asked, noting it was only 9am and her party wasn’t until 4.
“We are here to set up,” Gena said pointing at the girls.
“We’re here to do kid control for the day, and let you do what you need to do,” Brian said squeezing Johnny’s shoulder gently. Johnny smiled at his friends.
“Thanks guys this means a lot to me,”
“Monster mash, how do you feel about spending the day with your favorite uncles and cousins?” Jimmy asked, tickling the little girl in his arms.
“Yay!” she squealed between laughs.

Johnny sat in his truck, staring down the rows and rows of grave stones in front of him; Rebecca’s stone only four feet from the car. Letting out a deep sigh, Johnny grabbed the bouquet of flowers beside him and climbed out of his car, and walked over to his wife's stone. Picking up the old arrangement of flowers, he set down the new bouquet.
“Hey, baby,” he said sitting down in front of the grave, “our little girl is three today can you believe that? You’d be so proud of her, she’s a little shit disturber; just like her mother,”

“Cory come back!” Jimmy yelled, chasing the toddler who was currently chasing a duck that was headed straight for the water. “Got’cha!” he shouted triumphantly as he scooped up the little girl right before she went flying into the water; the duck let out an angry quack at the two. “Who taught you to chase ducks so well?” Jimmy panted, earning giggles from Cory.
“You, Uncle Jimmy!” she laughed.
“Oh, ya, remind me never to teach you anything again, kay?” Cory tilted her head questioningly at Jimmy; the older man chuckling at his nieces confused face from his question. “Come on, kid let’s go bug Uncle Zee instead,” Jimmy said, smiling mischievously; Cory letting out an evil little laugh. The two ran back towards the rest of boys.

Johnny got home around 2 o’clock, walking into the kitchen there was a note on the counter from the girls saying they where out picking up last minute supplies. Walking into the living room he chuckled at the site in front of him. All the boys where spread out with a sleeping kid on top of them or beside them. Except for Matt who was currently fast asleep being used as a canvas by Cory, Jr, and Charlie. Pulling out his cell phone he snapped a picture of his surroundings and sent it to the girls, before scooping up the 3 little monsters and sending them out side to play, leaving the rest to continue their nap.

“Happy birthday dear Cory! Happy birthday to you!” everyone sang, as Johnny set the cake down in front of his daughter. Pictures being taken left right and center.
“Make a wish baby girl,” Johnny said kissing her temple. Cory took in a deep breath before blowing out her candles. “What did you wish for?” Johnny asked. Cory looked up at her dad with a big smile on her face, a laugh escaping her lips, a twinkle of something secretive behind her eyes.
“I can’t tell you that daddy! It wont come true if I do silly!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought it was time for something a little more happy. this is kind of a filler chapter but i like it :)

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks for reading!

Maggie