Status: Slowly Updating

Our Unplanned Swedish Blessing

Chapter 1

Chapter 1
I was always the responsible one. I always had good grades never drank or smoked. I was a good kid a lot of people would probably say I was the perfect daughter. But this all changed one night. See I was out with friends one night after studying for exams all week. I guess I got really wasted and slept with some really attractive guy. Instead of being called a slut I was now called a typical young adult. But this led to a mistake a big unexpected blessing.
“Anna you need to open the door! I really need to pee!” My roommate, Ashley, yelled banging on the door.
“I’ll be out in a minute.” I replied sitting on the side of the tub.
“Hurry up!” she shouted.
It only had been three minutes but it felt like an eternity. I stood up and walked over to the sink and saw something thought I would never see until I was a lot older.
“Okay I’m kicking you out!” Ashley exclaimed opening the door.
I turned to face her tears brimming in my eyes.
“Oh sweetie.” She said running over to me hugging me.
I turned into her shoulder and started crying. I couldn’t believe it this wasn’t supposed to happen. My life wasn’t supposed to turn out like this. I was supposed to finish school and become a nurse.
“Anna what is that” Ashley asked noticing I was holding something in my hand.
“A pregnancy test.” I sobbed.
She took it from me and looked at it. Her facial expression changed drastically.
“It’s okay we’ll get through this. You can still live here and we’ll prepare.” She told me.
“I’m sorry Ash I didn’t mean for this to happen I swear.” I replied tears running down my cheeks.
“I know honey.” She said helping me sit down on top of the toilet. “I feel responsible for it. I forced you to go out.”
“No it was my decision to sleep with the guy.” I replied.
“Do you know who the father is?” she asked.
“I know his first name and he had a Swedish last name.” I answered.
“Tell me his first name.” she said.
“Gabe.” I responded biting my lower lip.
“Wait I’ll be right back.” She said abruptly running out of the bathroom.
I sat on the toilet and looked down at the test. A positive sign was mocking me. It’s not that I didn’t want kids because I wanted them. It was just I wanted to be married and have a career. What would my mother say? She could see this coming from my sister but from me this would crush her.
“Does he look like this?” Ashley asked running back into the bathroom holding a magazine.
I looked at the cover and there he was his gorgeous blue eyes dazzling from the light. His blonde locks perfectly gelled back and his white teeth shining bright.
“Yeah.” I whispered.
“Oh my god my best friend is carrying Gabriel Landeskog’s baby.” She said in shock.
“Who is he?” I asked.
“He’s the captain for the Colorado Avalanche.” She answered.
I suddenly felt nauseas like I had been for the past two weeks. I jumped off the toilet and lifted the lid and emptied my stomach contents.
“We’ll be fine. We’ll find Gabe and explain I mean did you guys exchange numbers at all?” she asked me.
“I don’t know can you grab my phone?” I answered.
Ashley ran out of the room to grab my phone in the kitchen. I sat there thinking. He was going to kill me. I knew we used protection I put the condom on and there wasn’t a single tear on it. What would he say? Would he be a part of the child’s life? Would he pay me off? Would I be stuck taking care of him or her alone?
“Here you go.” She said coming back in the room and handed me my phone.
I searched through my contacts until I came across a name.
Gabriel Landeskog #92
“So do you have it?” she asked.
The tears started streaming down my face as I nodded my head yes.
“Aw honey its okay.” Ashley said crouching down next to me and rubbing my back.
“This wasn’t supposed to happen.” I sobbed.
“I know but this baby was created for a specific reason. Maybe you and Gabe were meant to be together. Or this is a way to add more structure in your life.” Ashley suggested.
“I don’t know.” I cried.
“Hey sh tomorrow will call a doctor and get some test done to find out if you are really pregnant. And if you are we’ll call Gabe and tell him. If he denies the child is his we’ll do a paternity test.” She explained.
“Why are you good at this?” I asked her jokingly.
“I watch a lot of TV.” She giggled.
“Thanks for being here for me.” I told her.
“You’re my best friend and I know you would do the same for me.” She smiled.
“I would.” I replied.
“Alright go clean up and get out so I can pee!” she said.
“Alright I’m gone.” I giggled.
“Okay good and Anna.” She said.
“Yeah?” I asked.
“It will be okay no one will hate you.” She answered closing the door.
I walked into my room and sat down on my bed. I must’ve fallen asleep because I woke up with swollen eyes and a salty taste in my mouth. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and stretched my back out.
I got up from my bed and walked over to me closet door that had a mirror hanging on it. I lifted my sweatshirt up and saw my flat stomach. I rubbed my stomach with my hand feeling the smooth skin that was going to stretch in the next couple of months.
“I’m pregnant.” I whispered.
This was going to be an interesting life.
I already loved this child.
♠ ♠ ♠
New idea!!!
Comment, subscribe, recommend!!!
NO SILENT READERS!!!!

Pregnant?