Sequel: Rose
Status: Oneshot/Finished/Completed

Dead

Death and the Dying Girl

Image

I never had that problem before. I was supposed to be a cold god with no feelings but it seemed like I wasn’t. I didn’t know what it was that pulled me into that hateful position but I didn’t want to take her soul even though I had to.

I always watched her while she was on the hospital after the car accident. She looked so alive even though her heart was barely beating. Her eyes were closed as she slept peacefully while a machine was connected with wires to her chest, close to her heart, and another one was covering her mouth. Her light blonde hair was really short and her body seemed to get lighter and thinner from the lack of food.

I went closer to her and touched her pale lips before tracing my fingers over the scars on her arms and the left side of her neck. I could have sworn I felt her tremble but that wasn’t possible. It seemed like my mind played tricks on me because of a dying human girl. Even though I wanted her to wake up and see her beautiful eyes for once, I would only want to take her soul even more. It was the beauty of her soul that made me so hungry for her.

I secretly hoped for something I wasn’t supposed to. I hoped that I was able to take the form of a man instead of who I was. I didn’t want to touch her as a skeleton with round eyes and a black cape. I wanted her to look into my eyes and feel safe as I took her life. My desire died the very moment the heart monitor flatlined signalizing she was dead.

I bent down and closed my eyes as I kissed her pale lips, wanting to feel her lips on mine. It felt like she had melted my coldness and I fantasized about the sensation of our kiss if I was human. Taking my lips off of hers, I opened my mouth above hers as I put my left hand around her neck to lift her head a bit up.

I took her soul inside of me, and let her out when I was near to Heaven. Even though I wanted to keep her inside me because she made me feel alive, I knew I had to let her go and with one more kiss, we parted...but not before I whispered to her, ‘’My beloved.’’
♠ ♠ ♠
WON 1ST PLACE in the Death Comes For Us All Contest.