‹ Prequel: Dead
Sequel: Memories
Status: Oneshot/Finished/Completed

Rose

A rose for Rose

Image

I had to give her a present but I had no money to do that. I was thinking so hard about it that I started having a slight headache. It was already time for us to meet and I had nothing to give her. We had been together for a year and she made my life brighter and brighter as the days went by. Her dark red hair and light emerald eyes always sparkled with joy whenever we met. It was like I was the one giving her that sparkle.

She pulled me out of the darkness and filled my little black heart with love instead of hatred. She was a woman who could have whichever man she wanted yet she chose me. I was the guy her friends laughed at and she was the girl everyone desired. We should have never even met but we did and things changed between us thanks to her. She welcomed the darkness I had in my heart and kissed the pain I had stored in my heart away. She changed me completely and I owe her my life for that.

I loved her but those three simple words didn’t even begin to describe how deep my feelings for her went. Deep down I knew that even if I never gave her something as a present, she would still stay with me and tell me how much she loved me because she was such an honest and kind person.

As I walked around on the streets trying to find out what I should have done…what I should have given her…I saw a red rose. Its petals were red like red wine, like blood and seemed so alive in the darkness. It was almost ten o’clock at night and that place was so dark with only a little light thanks to the lamps on the streets.

I moved closer to that single rose in the corner of a new building and touched its petals. It was so soft that it felt almost as amazing as my hand felt when caressing Rose’s cheek. Rose would appreciate a rose like it. I tried to cut the rose with my bare hands, holding one side tightly and with my other hand I tried twisting it so I could take it.

One of its thorns cut the flesh of my finger and I quickly put the bleeding finger into my mouth, licking the wound. I tried cutting off again by pulling it and in the end I took it. I almost fell on my back but putting pressure on my feet helped me stay on my feet.

The beautiful rose was in my hands and I had something to give to the most beautiful woman I had ever met. I could have sworn though that when I started walking away and towards Rose’s house that I heard a crying voice whispering, ‘’I’m sorry I hurt you when you were taking my life.’’