‹ Prequel: Rose
Sequel: Cigarette
Status: Oneshot/Finished/Completed

Memories

Summer Love 1/1

Image

It was something that happened only once in my life. It was a summer love which ended in Autumn. We met when Summer started…in a Greek island called Santorini. He was a handsome young man with short dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.

When his dark eyes connected with my almost black ones, I felt my heart beating louder than ever before. I felt excited for a man I had never seen before. I was staring at him and upon realizing it, he smiled at me, showing his white teeth.

He walked closer towards me while I did the same under the blazing sun on the beach. That was our fateful meeting which I’ll never forget for as long as I live.

I had never felt so connected with another man before. He was everything I wanted in a man. Yes, he was really jealous and an egoist but that didn’t make me like him any less. He was awesome in my eyes and what mattered at that time was that he only wanted me. Both of us cherished what we had so we swore we would meet again next Summer…even though it never happened. I had to return to Greece, Athens, and he had to go back to Canada, Montreal.

I never saw him again and we didn’t even exchange our numbers because we wanted to live our dream in Santorini every Summer. Santorini was our love nest. The last time we saw each other, we went to the beach we met at and we wore the same clothes as that day. His black jeans and light gray blouse fitted him perfectly and my black dress with the flowers reached a bit above my knees. We had smiles on our faces even that very last night. We were happy we met each other and we cherished the feelings we had for one another deeply.

He was mine and I was his. That was our sweet dream that ended that night sixty years ago. I never married because my heart belonged to him. Even though I was almost twenty years old back then and many respectful men were beside me, my heart never changed its course and his last words still danced around in my mind.

‘’When we are apart, I am dead. There are no feelings left inside of me.’’

I secretly hoped he was alive and nothing bad had happened to him. I secretly hoped that if he was alive, he would remember the time we spent together…the Summer we spent loving one another passionately, completely…that was our Summer.