Status: Mostly completed as far as written goes - Just need some time to type it up

Theta

Θ11: A Queen Worth Dying For

"So... What's going on, again?" Azimun inquired, standing beside Jawn as Mystic greeted the newest arrival to the castle.

"Dunno," Jawn admitted.

"Mystic wouldn't tell us," Jesu added.

"Do you guys even pay attention?" Ember rolled her eyes, "That's a historian. Desu's a fake. He's obviously got proof and they're going to overthrow the king."

"See?" Azimun patted her on the head, "It's seekers like this one that make me enjoy my job."

"Suuuure..." Jawn doubted, "And alternate universe people such as Pepe, I assume?"

"Shut up," Azimun glared, "I swear, I wasn't gonna do much. Just have a little fun."

"Okau. Thank you. Just stop right there," Jesu held up her hands, "Please, just don't talk."

"Oh, come on," Azimun said, "It's not like you don't look at that on a regular basis."

"You have no proof!" Jesu's face went a little red.

"It's not hard to tell, Sweetheart," Azimun sighed, "All three of you have got gutter minds as big as, ifnotbigger than, mine."

"Why did we invite you in the first place?" Jawn groaned.

"That is an excellent question!" Azimun smirked, "Quite obviously, it's because I'm your guide and, as such, have to know every thing you do at every moment."

"So... You're, like, our mother, then?" Ember voiced, making Azimun's entire face fall.

"Oooooo!" Jesu cheered, "Need some ointment for that burn?"

"Meanwhile, Mystic was in the middle of a meaningful conversation with the historian.

"Mister Rhodes," she said, "What if it doesn't matter whether or not he's a fake? What if they don't believe us?"

"My dearest princess," the historian took her hands, "These people remember, are yours. Any decision you make, they will trust you."

"But what of they don't?" Mystic worried.

"You are a figure of kindness and you keep the well-being of your people in your mind, Princess," he squeezed her hand, "Your people will follow your word to the ends of the earth, if that so be your will."