Status: Mostly completed as far as written goes - Just need some time to type it up

Theta

Θ2: The Fire Of Ember

"Ember, put that out; you're gonna hurt someone," her mother hissed, eying the flame on her fingertip with distaste.

"Whatever," Ember rolled her eyes, killing the flame with a swoop of her fingers.

Thank you," her mother gratified, turning back to making lunch.

"What are all these books over here for, Mom?" Ember inquired, standing up and crossing the room to the bookshelf.

"They were Oma's," she explained, "She used to be fascinated with adding things to the already acquired stone abilities. Those were her books."

"Cool," Ember muttered, pulling one book off the shelf and flipping through it until one page in particular interested her, "Hey, Mom? What's the Theta?"

"I don't know, Sweetheart," he mom didn't even look up, "Maybe you should ask Papa."

"Yeah, Okay," Ember muttered, heading towards the stairs, "Bye."

"Later," her mom replied. Once in her room, Ember placed the book on her desk. She lit a flame on her finger and began burning some of the symbols into the surface.

"Yeah right," she read the passage about the Theta, "As if there was a thing powerful enough to grant me what I want." Drawing the last symbol, she went on to say the enchantment.

"Vashta a... Xye?" she attempted, "Vahma ku... Nox a zum!" For a fraction of a second, nothing happened, but then she suddenly burst into flames, slightly singeing her carpet.

Like water thrown on a campfire, she went out with a hiss and a puff of smoke.